GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOO This is a really shocking and heinous murder. There was a lot of rage and planning involved. One could imagine the killer actually enjoyed the 'overkill' of not just tasering but then stabbing and not just stabbing but then dismembering his victim. One possible backstory that seems possible to me is that the killer grew up feeling smarter than most. He was selected for that web competition and then was one of the top participants. He was selected for a pretty prestigious position at a young age. I could see him starting to think he deserves the same accolades that the victim was receiving. He thinks he is entitled to more benefits (money) and starts stealing. He doesn't think he should have to repay because it's his in his mind. He starts thinking his life would be so much better without the victim and starts to despise the power the victim has over him so he decides to "really show him" with this overkill dramatic murder. This is a very sick person. A deranged individual.

All MOO

I think you're spot on with this. Why should he be required to pay back the 100k he liberated when he's the guy who should have been rocking that CEO chair instead of Salah? It was a bonus, anyway, right? Why isn't he living in the 2.5 million apartment in NYC instead of the guy he's working for as a glorified gofer? They were his ideas anyway and his hustle and his smarts and his personality and his --

I suspect that's this was a revenge murder, born of years of nursed grievances and a sense of entitlement that was as every bit as foolish and massive as the mistakes he made in the commission of this crime.

too bad the victim was such a trusting, good hearted person and that he couldn't have weeded out this rotten street bum during the hiring process.
But then I guess you can't ask a hiree if they're
a sociopath or psychopath or a murderer.

I think you're spot on with this. Why should he be required to pay back the 100k he liberated when he's the guy who should have been rocking that CEO chair instead of Salah? It was a bonus, anyway, right? Why isn't he living in the 2.5 million apartment in NYC instead of the guy he's working for as a glorified gofer? They were his ideas anyway and his hustle and his smarts and his personality and his --

I suspect that's this was a revenge murder, born of years of nursed grievances and a sense of entitlement that was as every bit as foolish and massive as the mistakes he made in the commission of this crime.

Yes! It's quite bizarre to me that he so thoroughly planned a murder down to his clothing and timing and yet so obviously didn't try to prevent being caught. Did he want to be caught so that everyone would know it was him? Or was his brain so focused on the killing that he didn't even consider how quickly the police would come for him? MOO

too bad the victim was such a trusting, good hearted person and that he couldn't have weeded out this rotten street bum during the hiring process.
But then I guess you can't ask a hiree if they're
a sociopath or psychopath or a murderer.
Interestingly enough, people like Tyrese are sometimes the best when it comes to fitting in or blending in to appear "normal" and are often described to be even likeable. I don't think Fahim could have done anything at all to prevent this. By all accounts, he was just trying to be kind and give this thief another chance.

If I recall correctly, in an article it stated that the perp had been working for FS for 4 years. So, he would've been about 17 at the time he was hired. I have a feeling this perp will be claiming some "abuse" by his employer, who is no longer here to defend himself.

It appears even if the murder was planned, the dismemberment wasn't. He purchased the saw and cleaning supplies after the murder.

Daily Beast

Police, who have not yet publicly announced Haspil's arrest, believe Saleh was killed on Monday - a day before his body was found by his sister when she went to his apartment.

Haspil is alleged to have used his credit card after the murder to purchase a power saw and cleaning products at Home Depot, police sources told the Daily Beast. He also allegedly used the credit credit to travel to and from Saleh's apartment.

Investigators believe Haspil returned to Saleh's apartment on Tuesday to dismember the tech entrepreneur's body. Law enforcement officials say the alleged killer may have been waiting for the victim's blood to coagulate before dismembering him.

When police arrived at the scene, Saleh's torso was found in the corner of his living room and his head, arms, and legs had been separated into plastic bags.

An electric saw that was still plugged in, a vacuum cleaner and cleaning products were found nearby.

If I recall correctly, in an article it stated that the perp had been working for FS for 4 years. So, he would've been about 17 at the time he was hired. I have a feeling this perp will be claiming some "abuse" by his employer, who is no longer here to defend himself.
Probably, but even if he does it won’t get him anywhere.

Well, yes, very likely. He will say anything to get the pity of the judge/jury for a more lenient sentence. However, if he has no evidence and no witnesses to back any of those claims up, he won't go anywhere. Anyone can claim anything to benefit from it somehow, doesn't mean it's going to be admissible in the court of law.

This is so incredibly sad. The fact that FS didn’t rat his PA out for embezzlement and instead, gave him the opportunity to pay back the money he stole via a payment plan. It speaks volumes about FS and his good nature/character, IMO. If only he had reported him to the police, perhaps this wouldn’t have happened. MOO.

Slightly off topic but related to this case. I don’t understand the concept of the elevators with direct apartment access. So IIRC, I read that FS elevator opens directly in to his apartment. That surely means that anybody in the elevator at the same time (someone going up to a higher level) could see in to his apartment when the elevator doors opened. I wouldn’t be happy with that. Have I just misunderstood?

MOO This is a really shocking and heinous murder. There was a lot of rage and planning involved. One could imagine the killer actually enjoyed the 'overkill' of not just tasering but then stabbing and not just stabbing but then dismembering his victim. One possible backstory that seems possible to me is that the killer grew up feeling smarter than most. He was selected for that web competition and then was one of the top participants. He was selected for a pretty prestigious position at a young age. I could see him starting to think he deserves the same accolades that the victim was receiving. He thinks he is entitled to more benefits (money) and starts stealing. He doesn't think he should have to repay because it's his in his mind. He starts thinking his life would be so much better without the victim and starts to despise the power the victim has over him so he decides to "really show him" with this overkill dramatic murder. This is a very sick person. A deranged individual.

All MOO

I was just thinking this - entitlement and grandiosity. It reminds me so much of the Madison WI murder. That murderer was living in an apartment rented by the victims and drove a their car to do a similarly terrifying overkill murder (he forced them in pajamas into a car and shot them in a ditch). He had a internship at local government. There seems to be a rage associated with "I deserve more." But without working for it.

That assistant gig was really a dream for someone hard working. There is nothing worse than when good-hearted people are harmed by those they seek to help. ETA - thanks @CharlestonGal for the info about Hofstra.

The other baffling thing is it is such profound self-sabotage - what ever grievance has been nurtured, you haven't really exacted revenge so much as completely exploded the rest of your entire life (not to mention that of the victim's and both families). What did Haspil imagine the end game was?

Thread mentioned above: WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*

Last edited:
I was just thinking this - entitlement and grandiosity. It reminds me so much of the Madison WI murder. That murderer was living in an apartment rented by the victims and drove a their car to do a similarly terrifying overkill murder (he forced them in pajamas into a car and shot them in a ditch). He had a internship at local government. But there seems to be a rage associated with "I deserve more." But without working for it.

I looked for any evidence of Haspil going to college - none. So this guy thinks "I'm too smart to have to go to college." That assistant gig was really a dream for someone hard working. There is nothing worse than when good-hearted people are harmed by those they seek to help.

Thread mentioned above: WI - Dr. Beth Potter and husband murdered at UW Arboretum, Madison, March 2020 *Arrests*
He has a bachelors in marketing from Hofstra University.

I was just thinking this - entitlement and grandiosity. It reminds me so much of the Madison WI murder. That murderer was living in an apartment rented by the victims and drove a their car to do a similarly terrifying overkill murder (he forced them in pajamas into a car and shot them in a ditch). He had a internship at local government. But there seems to be a rage associated with "I deserve more." But without working for it.

I looked for any evidence of Haspil going to college - none. So this guy thinks "I'm too smart to have to go to college." That assistant gig was really a dream for someone hard working. There is nothing worse than when good-hearted people are harmed by those they seek to help.

Evidently he went to Hofstra University and graduated with a degree in marketing.
His picture....outwardly appears to have a open expression, nice guy, great smile.....you never know, ugh
Tyrese Devon Haspil Wiki Bio: Age, Arrested, Fahim Saleh Murder, NYC, Net Worth, Family - Edailybuzz.com

Evidently he went to Hofstra University and graduated with a degree in marketing.
His picture....outwardly appears to have a open expression, nice guy, great smile.....you never know, ugh
Tyrese Devon Haspil Wiki Bio: Age, Arrested, Fahim Saleh Murder, NYC, Net Worth, Family - Edailybuzz.com
First, kudos to LE for advancing this case so quickly. As I said upthread, this is the stuff of nightmares. I can't even fathom what his family and loved ones are going through, except maybe just shock. This must be so hard to process.

As far as the individual arrested, so agree. Outwardly he looks like what we imagine a friendly, respectable citizen looks like. As they say, looks deceive. What on earth in this man's background or psychological makeup would drive him to do something so incredibly gruesome?!

Still shivering over this one.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Everything that I’ve seen or read about this murderous PA (admittedly not that much) makes him appear so normal and healthy... soooo disturbing.

The “ninja” outfit - not just mask & gloves but a hood - had made me wonder if the killer was known to Fahim so trying to hide his identity. But I thought it couldn’t be, Fahim wouldn’t have failed to recognize him.

Now I wonder if he did! It said there was a “puzzled look” and possibly an exchange between them in the elevator. Is it possible that Fahim looked into the eyes of this guy who’d worked for him for years & didn’t recognize him??

Or maybe the killer was visiting openly under the guise of talking about the theft ... trying to hide his identity from the CCTV but not from Fahim.

has anyone seen a timeframe for when the theft was discovered / when the killer presumably was fired or stopped working for Fahim?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back