GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes! It's quite bizarre to me that he so thoroughly planned a murder down to his clothing and timing and yet so obviously didn't try to prevent being caught. Did he want to be caught so that everyone would know it was him? Or was his brain so focused on the killing that he didn't even consider how quickly the police would come for him? MOO

Often, one's Narcissism gets in the way of thinking clearly.

"Cops made strides on Thursday toward cracking the murder and dismemberment of tech CEO Fahim Saleh in his Lower East Side apartment, zeroing in on a “person of interest” and determining just how he met his end.

Multiple NYPD sources confirmed that a “person of interest” had been identified, but said he was not yet in police custody.

The insiders declined to reveal further details about the man wanted in the still-unfolding case.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/16/police-id-person-of-interest-in-murder-of-tech-ceo-fahim-saleh/

yes he disguised himself so he knew it was wrong

Slightly off topic but related to this case. I don’t understand the concept of the elevators with direct apartment access. So IIRC, I read that FS elevator opens directly in to his apartment. That surely means that anybody in the elevator at the same time (someone going up to a higher level) could see in to his apartment when the elevator doors opened. I wouldn’t be happy with that. Have I just misunderstood?
I looked at several real estate listings for the building and from what I can gather each condo has its own private elevator. I think Fahim knew who Haspil was when he got into the elevator with him. He may not have known what Haspil was doing there, but I think he knew who he was before they went up. jmo

Slightly off topic but related to this case. I don’t understand the concept of the elevators with direct apartment access. So IIRC, I read that FS elevator opens directly in to his apartment. That surely means that anybody in the elevator at the same time (someone going up to a higher level) could see in to his apartment when the elevator doors opened. I wouldn’t be happy with that. Have I just misunderstood?

they're supposed to use it one at a time with their personal FOB

If it were not for the missing money, one might think this looked like a crime of passion, did the two men also become rivals in the romance department?
For a guy in the tech industry, the suspect did not seem to be very savvy.
speculation, imo.
Arrest Made In Killing, Dismemberment Of Entrepreneur Fahim Saleh On Lower East Side
''Sources say police used credit card records and receipts, among them Uber rides that placed the person of interest at the scene, Cell phone triangulation was also used, sources said.

The original embezzlement was not on the NYPD radar prior to the murder, sources said. It was discovered in electronic records as part of the investigation into the victim’s background.

According to police sources, a well-dressed man was seen on surveillance video entering the apartment off an elevator which opens directly into Saleh’s apartment. That man was allegedly holding a bag, which police believe contained an electric saw that was left behind.''

he ordered the taser in June and signed for the delivery
He didn't research enough, if at all.

The Taser "confetti"
"Less lethal weapons, such as the Taser electronic control device, are frequently used by law enforcement agencies to overcome suspect resistance. As a means of regulating the use of Thomas A. Swift Electric Rifle (Taser) electronic control devices, Taser International Inc. has issued each cartridge with tiny confetti-like pieces that include a cartridge-specific, alphanumeric serial number known as anti-felon identification tags (AFIDs)."
NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

Also, when a private citizen buys a Taser, it is serialized and registered, connected to the buyer.

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

If it were not for the missing money, one might think this looked like a crime of passion, did the two men also become rivals in the romance department?
For a guy in the tech industry, the suspect did not seem to be very savvy.
speculation, imo.
Arrest Made In Killing, Dismemberment Of Entrepreneur Fahim Saleh On Lower East Side
''Sources say police used credit card records and receipts, among them Uber rides that placed the person of interest at the scene, Cell phone triangulation was also used, sources said.

The original embezzlement was not on the NYPD radar prior to the murder, sources said. It was discovered in electronic records as part of the investigation into the victim’s background.

According to police sources, a well-dressed man was seen on surveillance video entering the apartment off an elevator which opens directly into Saleh’s apartment. That man was allegedly holding a bag, which police believe contained an electric saw that was left behind.''

I still think it may have been a crime of passion as what happened was highly unusual for business embezzlement. Sometimes business embezzlement results in murder but it's purely transactional to escape, like an embezzling employee shoots their boss when the boss catches them while this seems like it had the brutality of partner violence. They could have been in some sort of personal relationship where when it ended TH lost more than his job, which I think this is a possibility because there's no way FS could have successful businesses in places like Nigeria if he was 'out.' If TH felt like he had basically been divorced, that could have really driven his entitlement rage where not only did he feel he was entitled to the $100K but was also entitled to more.

^ Very possible.
<modsnip>
When was he fired I wonder, and when did the discovery occur that he had stolen the funds?

I do think there's other shoes to drop, like I found it very curious how LE today said they wouldn't discuss anything beyond what was released for the COD. That leads me to believe it was even more violent/personal than we know with things being inflicted on FS before/after he died aside from the fatal knife wounds and the saw dismemberment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think it may have been a crime of passion as what happened was highly unusual for business embezzlement. Sometimes business embezzlement results in murder but it's purely transactional to escape, like an embezzling employee shoots their boss when the boss catches them while this seems like it had the brutality of partner violence. They could have been in some sort of personal relationship where when it ended TH lost more than his job, which I think this is a possibility because there's no way FS could have successful businesses in places like Nigeria if he was 'out.' If TH felt like he had basically been divorced, that could have really driven his entitlement rage where not only did he feel he was entitled to the $100K but was also entitled to more.
I went down that rabbit hole today. I found no indication of girlfriends, past or present, for either one of them. It may be that both of them were intensely private in terms of their personal lives or it may be that neither ever had a girlfriend. Hard to say. jmo

ETA: I take that back. Pretty sure I found Fahim's long-time girlfriend.

Last edited:
I went down that rabbit hole today. I found no indication of girlfriends, past or present, for either one of them. It may be that both of them were intensely private in terms of their personal lives or it may be that neither ever had a girlfriend. Hard to say. jmo

I had noticed that plus it seemed to make some of the actions at least somewhat more explicable. It for instance makes far more sense if he was an ex to got caught red-handed in a serious felony and then refuse to pay if he was more than a mere employee as that seems more like trying to negotiate a civil settlement of what he saw as joint assets post-breakup. If this guy was only an employee, he got caught in a serious felony and despite getting caught refused to just return company funds that seems like when you'd call in LE or at least some other 3rd party...there has to be some reason why TH refused to pay and I would think FS having hired thousands would know when to call in help for personnel matters but it seems like it was kept a private matter between the two of them without either business associates nor family seemingly knowing about it (it was discovered through texts on the phone, not interviews).

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back