GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
well that was quicker than I anticipated

I think there was a narrow list of suspects who worked for/with Saleh where the deal went south, like I don't think it was some downsized Nigerian motorcyclist who wouldn't have the means to go the US and wouldn't have fit in if they did, but instead this was someone with money putting them at the top of the food chain/jet-setter travelling around the world and used to wearing suits.

"He had been unresponsive to text messages from a family member and missed a work-related conference call that same morning."

missed a conference call on that Tuesday
so it seems this killer did not know Saleh's schedule . Risky, and not so "professional", plus he is caught quickly.

Psychiatric evaluation? Is that common, or has this madman appeared to be bonkers? Or he's faking it.
Just wow

Person in custody in decapitation, dismemberment of Manhattan CEO, sources say

"He had been unresponsive to text messages from a family member and missed a work-related conference call that same morning."

so it seems this killer did not know Saleh's schedule . Risky, and not so "professional", plus he is caught quickly.

Psychiatric evaluation? Is that common, or has this madman appeared to be bonkers? Or he's faking it.
Just wow

It's probably out of an abundance of legal caution as business associates don't normally settle disputes with surgical decapitations. Whoever it was seems crazy, though probably not in the legal way, like I think they knew what they were doing was wrong.

"Cops made strides on Thursday toward cracking the murder and dismemberment of tech CEO Fahim Saleh in his Lower East Side apartment, zeroing in on a “person of interest” and determining just how he met his end.

Multiple NYPD sources confirmed that a “person of interest” had been identified, but said he was not yet in police custody.

The insiders declined to reveal further details about the man wanted in the still-unfolding case.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/16/police-id-person-of-interest-in-murder-of-tech-ceo-fahim-saleh/

Just wow
Pretty sure not everyone arrested on suspicion of murder undergoes a psychiatric assessment.

this guy is probably not acting very sane but who knows.

Is it possible that the POI is a different person than the actual killer?

If this was a hitman, maybe they had some sort of communication with the person who ordered the hit and left some evidence leading back to them?

This case is so confusing.

Is it possible that the POI is a different person than the actual killer?

If this was a hitman, maybe they had some sort of communication with the person who ordered the hit and left some evidence leading back to them?

This case is so confusing.
They’re talking about this guy as if he is the primary focus. The only thing that makes sense to me, is that this POI is the killer himself.

It makes sense anyways. No way would a hired guy commit this crime, in this way. The point of hiring someone is to create distance, so there’s no reason for a random hitman to go to these lengths.

Hitmen don’t typically spend the night. They kill and leave, leaving the body behind.

In regards to the ban coming at a “difficult moment” having just raised $5.3million in funding. Could it be someone wanted their funds returned?

“The firm, Gokada, recently faced severe setbacks after being banned earlier this year by the Nigerian government.

It was forced to lay off staff and pivot from being a ride-sharing service to a delivery courier.

The ban came at a difficult moment for Gokada which had just raised $5.3 million in funding from Rise Capital, a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm, in May 2019.

After the ban was enacted, the firm stopped bringing in money and around 800 bikers working for Gorkada were also immediately laid off.

Saleh was working on new ideas and a new direction for the firm”

NYC millionaire was tasered as elevator opened and stabbed in the chest by hitman in a ninja outfit | Daily Mail Online

I remember reading that there was a cofounder of Gokadas, someone who stepped down recently because of bad problems . I don't remember where I saw that when I was digging a bit.
Wondering....

Along with the $5M+ funding last year Gokada got a new co-CEO, which the co-CEO lead the investment by Rise Capital as his first thing with the company:
Jobberman co-founder, Ayodeji Adewunmi joins Gokada as co-CEO, as the company raises $5.3m Series A
Then a few months later the Rise Capital co-CEO is somehow downsized along with hundreds of others:
Motorcycle-hailing startup, Gokada lays off most of its workforce
I found it very curious how despite receiving $4M (the direct amount from them, not the indirect total that they helped get) from Rise Capital how FS could/did seize control with Rise Capital's guy on the inside either being pushed out or jumped without someone else from Rise Capital replacing him right when RC's funding was being spent as Gokada income dried up.

Who you are kind of thinking of is the original CEO/co-founder who left last year prior to there being the co-CEOs and then FS as sole CEO, which Grokada has had tremendous turmoil since it was only founded in 2018 but had been on a CEO merry-go-round with ongoing claims of mismanagement:
Gokada CEO, Deji Oduntan steps aside in apparent shake-up

I think there was a lot of people who wanted vengeance against FS, but very few would be classified as 'business deal' rather than 'workplace violence,' like I don't think it would for instance be a downsized software developer as that would be workplace violence, so I think it places in the realm of investors in Gokada or other FS companies, which Gokada is the most prominent but there might be others that had bad blood between FS and investors.

Remembering Fahim Saleh, the missionary Gokada founder | TechCabal
''Fahim had everything all figured out. He was very thorough, thoughtful and agile,” Kayode Abass tells me.

Abass was Gokada’s head of special projects between October 2018 and mid 2019. Within the period, he reported directly to Saleh as they deliberated ideas separate from the main motorcycle-hailing business the company had pioneered, including G-Boat, GoMedic and Find Okada, he says.

Describing him as “more of a friend than a boss,” Abass remembers the former Gokada CEO as a hands-on manager who loved to be involved, with an enthusiasm for making personal connections with staff and a bias for precise execution. ''

Along with the $5M+ funding last year Gokada got a new co-CEO, which the co-CEO lead the investment by Rise Capital as his first thing with the company:
Jobberman co-founder, Ayodeji Adewunmi joins Gokada as co-CEO, as the company raises $5.3m Series A
Then a few months later the Rise Capital co-CEO is somehow downsized along with hundreds of others:
Motorcycle-hailing startup, Gokada lays off most of its workforce
I found it very curious how despite receiving $4M (the direct amount from them, not the indirect total that they helped get) from Rise Capital how FS could/did seize control with Rise Capital's guy on the inside either being pushed out or jumped without someone else from Rise Capital replacing him right when RC's funding was being spent as Gokada income dried up.

Who you are kind of thinking of is the original CEO/co-founder who left last year prior to there being the co-CEOs and then FS as sole CEO, which Grokada has had tremendous turmoil since it was only founded in 2018 but had been on a CEO merry-go-round with ongoing claims of mismanagement:
Gokada CEO, Deji Oduntan steps aside in apparent shake-up

I think there was a lot of people who wanted vengeance against FS, but very few would be classified as 'business deal' rather than 'workplace violence,' like I don't think it would for instance be a downsized software developer as that would be workplace violence, so I think it places in the realm of investors in Gokada or other FS companies, which Gokada is the most prominent but there might be others that had bad blood between FS and investors.

I can see there being potential for unresolved conflict among investors. Agreements are only as strong as the weakest link.

The weakest link possibly being the deranged killer in this case.

When this broke in the news, one of my thoughts was a hired hitman, with particular instructions such that the victim should be decapitated, dismembered, with proof of the deed...out of rage and vengeance by whomever hired the assassin, perhaps also to force particular financial info from the victim.

Or to make the victim "disappear", so as to appear he did so willingly, while the perpetrator funneled funds to himself through that info.
Sounds like a movie plot...

Also considered a crossed lover even....it happens....jealousy, rage

But police have clearly stated the POI " worked for the victim and their business deal apparently went bad."
worked for, not with, not connected to.

The following article does a very good job of summarizing the internal drama at Gokada that has been brewing over the past couple of years. It appears that there have been a lot of burnt bridges. I’ll be curious if any of it is related to the death.

The many woes of Gokada

Just wow

I don't know if it's "normal", but my unprofessional opinion is the fact he was using a saw to cut him into pieces suggests he is in need of a mental evaluation! I mean murder is not necessarily a reason, but the way he was going about it is just planned, methodical, and NUTS!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlukeBC
Back