GUILTY NY - Fahim Saleh, 33, millionaire tech entrepreneur, dismembered, Manhattan, 15 July 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Lower East Side killer wore ninja outfit, fled gruesome murder scene as victim Fahim Saleh’s sister rode the elevator upstairs for a visit: sources

A cold-blooded killer, clad in a ninja outfit, left his victim’s dismembered corpse inside a $2 million Lower East Side condo just moments before the victim’s sister arrived at the crime scene, a police source indicated Wednesday.

The suspect bolted via a staircase as the sister rode the elevator upstairs to visit victim Fahim Saleh, with her impending arrival interrupting the killer’s efforts to scrub the bloody condo clean and dispose of the body, the source said. The killer left behind the electric saw used to decapitate the 33-year-old victim and lop off Saleh’s arms and legs, and the source said cleaning materials were also found inside the seventh-floor residence.

He was dressed like a ninja, full out, so you can’t even see his face,” the source said. “He clearly knew what he was doing. We think his intent was to get rid of the body parts and go back and clean it up and make it look like nothing happened. He left before he finished the job.”

A police source indicated investigators believed the grisly execution was prompted by a business deal gone lethally bad.

Local residents were still rattled Wednesday over the horrifying death inside the pricey condo as police continued their hunt for the killer.

More @ link WS/TOS

I saw this horrific story posted last night, in a NYT article on FB....before Mr Saleh was identified. I was shocked.
I'm now wondering how this assassin got into the building in the first place. You'd think that there would be a code or some such, particularly if the apartments are individually accessed by elevator.
Since he escaped when he heard the buzz, did the sister have a code, or could anyone buzz themselves in?
Or maybe this killer followed someone in earlier and waited for Mr. Saleh to arrive?

I saw this horrific story posted last night, in a NYT article on FB....before Mr Saleh was identified. I was shocked.
I'm now wondering how this assassin got into the building in the first place. You'd think that there would be a code or some such, particularly if the apartments are individually accessed by elevator.
Since he escaped when he heard the buzz, did the sister have a code, or could anyone buzz themselves in?
Or maybe this killer followed someone in earlier and waited for Mr. Saleh to arrive?

sorry for the premature post!

Those are all good questions! His sister may have had a copy of the key. As would a dog-walker. I don’t think it’s uncommon at all.

We live in a high-rise, and our doorman has keys to all the apartments. If one of us locks ourselves out, we get the “lockout key” from the front desk. We have family in the neighborhood and the doormen know them. They have written permission to access our apartment anytime, and vice versa.

Last edited:
it says in the article that the killer might have fled when the sister interrupted the dismemberment(!!!), and they were looking to see if the killer could have fled through another exit. how horrific and terrifying for all involved. this is obviously a hit, (he had a suitcase with him! :O) and i hope we get some more info on what in the world happened here.

This is just making me think of the recent case of the 2 dismembered bodies found recently in the suitcases by those children.

Both horrible :(

So the dog belongs to the victim? On his Instagram there is a husky, I wonder if that is his dog and if the dog was put in a room out of the way.

Also if they can see Mr Saleh collapse then they can also probably see the killer drag him in his apartment.

MOO

Oh my god this is horrendous. With the current covid 19 crisis it is prime for a criminal to slip under the radar. Makes for a very dangerous environment for everyone...

I am in the uk so some of them articles are blocked for me, does it say anything about him wondering who this guy was?? He may not have thought anything with the gloves and mask due to the current state, but why would he be travelling in a private lift to his apartment with him? Surely this would make him suspicious?

Oh my god this is horrendous. With the current covid 19 crisis it is prime for a criminal to slip under the radar. Makes for a very dangerous environment for everyone...

I am in the uk so some of them articles are blocked for me, does it say anything about him wondering who this guy was?? He may not have thought anything with the gloves and mask due to the current state, but why would he be travelling in a private lift to his apartment with him? Surely this would make him suspicious?

That’s another good question. The NY Post reported: “The footage from the apartment building appears to show the suspected killer carrying a bag, waiting to enter the elevator with the victim, sources said.

The victim gives the suspect a puzzled look during an exchange as they ride up together. As soon as the victim steps out into his apartment, the suspect can be seen attacking him, according to sources.
” (BBM)

https://nypost.com/2020/07/14/decapitated-dismembered-body-found-in-nyc-apartment/

Our building has the rule that you can only ride the elevator with family/household members. So if you catch an elevator with someone already in it, you have to wait for it to come back empty. In the lobby, there may be a line to get on an elevator. There are hundreds of apartments in our building, but some people aren’t living here now, and it’s usually not a problem. If some random person got into an elevator with me, I’d step out of it! It’s the new normal.

That’s another good question. The NY Post reported: “The footage from the apartment building appears to show the suspected killer carrying a bag, waiting to enter the elevator with the victim, sources said.

The victim gives the suspect a puzzled look during an exchange as they ride up together. As soon as the victim steps out into his apartment, the suspect can be seen attacking him, according to sources.
” (BBM)

https://nypost.com/2020/07/14/decapitated-dismembered-body-found-in-nyc-apartment/

Our building has the rule that you can only ride the elevator with family/household members. So if you catch an elevator with someone already in it, you have to wait for it to come back empty. In the lobby, there may be a line to get on an elevator. There are hundreds of apartments in our building, but some people aren’t living here now, and it’s usually not a problem. If some random person got into an elevator with me, I’d step out of it! It’s the new normal.
Maybe that was the exchange in the elevator? The masked man jumped in at the last second and the victim looked surprised. The victim probably thought in the last moments it was just someone being rude or maybe a robbery. Terrible.

This kind of thing makes elaborate thriller movies seem less Hollywood make-believe after all.

Why did fahim get in his private lift with someone wearing a ninja costume? Masks and gloves due to covid 19 okay, but a ninja costume?! It is just so odd.
I wonder what caused him to collapse? Did none of his neighbours hear a chainsaw going off by the way??

also, am I correct in thinking he was last seen on Monday afternoon in the lift, and his sister found him the following day? (Tuesday) so the assailant has stayed there overnight? I am a little confused by the timeline. Can someone clarify. A lot of the news articles are blocked in Europe!

Last edited:
So the dog belongs to the victim? On his Instagram there is a husky, I wonder if that is his dog and if the dog was put in a room out of the way.

Also if they can see Mr Saleh collapse then they can also probably see the killer drag him in his apartment.

MOO

MOO

That’s what I wonder! I’m assuming the camera was inside the elevator with a view to the doors. There may have been a decent look at the killer and what happened after Saleh collapsed. I’m also wondering how the killer planned to carry the body bags (for lack of better) out of the building. There would be cameras at all entry points.

As for the dog, I believe the Pomsky was his. Someone mentioned a dog walker, and it made me think that the dog wouldn’t have been walked in almost 24 hours. Poor thing! And who knows if it had been fed?! I also wonder if it had been barking. A report said police brought the dog out of the building, so I’m assuming the dog was physically unharmed. MOO.

Why did fahim get in a private lift with someone wearing a ninja costume? Masks and gloves due to covid 19 okay, but a ninja costume?! It is just so odd.
I wonder what caused him to collapse? Did none of his neighbours hear a chainsaw going off by the way??

also, am I correct in thinking he was last seen on Monday afternoon in the lift, and his sister found him the following day? (Tuesday) so the assistant has stayed there overnight? I am a little confused by the timeline. Can someone clarify. A lot of the news articles are blocked in Europe!

The “ninja costume” is weird because earlier reports describe the suspect as a “well-dressed” man in a suit. Very different, IMO, than a “ninja” costume. Perhaps they meant the style of face covering?

and I’m waiting eagerly for some clarification on the timeline. If Saleh was incapacitated at 1:40pm Monday and the sister’s 3:30 Tuesday arrival interrupted the dismemberment/cleanup, what is Saleh’s TOD? I’d estimate it would take no longer than 8 hours to cut up a body and put it in trash bags. Add a few more hours for cleanup. What happened in those 26 hours?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back