NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
herds may separate to graze for the day, but they always stay within hearing and vision range of each other.

heir stomach is like a cow's stomach, having four chambers that require the animal to chew its cud, fist sized balls of unchewed food that are regurgitated.

These animals are thought to be very intelligent.

Almost half of all newborns are killed by predators within the first few minutes.

[FONT=&quot]Affection and protection is shown by the mother by rubbing, touching, sniffing, and licking her baby. The calves begin playing in "nursery" groups at about 2 months of age, learning necessary survival skills.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]extraordinary power of vision

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]pumping up to 20 gallons (75 liters) of blood every minute,

[/FONT]
http://fohn.net/giraffe-pictures-facts/

​http://www.whozoo.org/Intro98/natarale/natgiraffe2.htm[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

She does appear a bit agitated (gait) mo

She does appear a bit agitated (gait) mo

Yes, she is moving around quite a bit today. We can hope! Last night baby was again kicking her so hard in the hind end I thought she might just fly right out.

Lets hope she does not "pass over" the weekend !!

It's made out like Olliovr and April don't care about each other but they sure do seem to

Maybe dead beat dads but..............

Lots of walking round in circles. Thats right April, walk that baby out.

Still pacing and stretching. Pointing her nose up a lot. Almost seems paranoid.

I love to watch April throw her hay (or whatever it is) into the air. It just cracks me up! I haven't seen Oliver do this, I wonder if this is something
peculiar to April of if other giraffes do this as well.

We have progressed from walking in circles to doing figure eights. I do not think our April is happy today.

Our camera is down. I do think her pacing has increased. I hope it's a good sign.
Edited: it's back! She's eating carrots!

My oldest son turns 29 today and while making him a birthday card, I came across scrapbook paper that has giraffe print!!!!!!! I am so wrapping his gift in it!

Did you all see the vet visit today? He walked behind April like he was examining her, then came out from behind her with a huge gold egg! lol

My oldest son turns 29 today and while making him a birthday card, I came across scrapbook paper that has giraffe print!!!!!!! I am so wrapping his gift in it!

This made me literally laugh out loud. [emoji23][emoji12] I love that you guys always make me smile when I open this thread. We must find the next baby animal birth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member