NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My fiancé just caught a giraffe!![emoji16]
bfd1932b9613afa667d1efa4e89bcb58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! My husband is a diesel mechanic and I bet with his following, he could find someone who could transport a giraffe and baby!

https://i2.wp.com/www.carnewschina..../2012/09/giraffe-beijing-1.jpg?resize=458,505

I don't think we could get away with it we would need something at least 22 feet high?

what about this ?

5855956879_9df08e2e30_b.jpg

I know some about how they crash so maybe I could be like Karen Black in one of the stupidest movies ever made!

[video=youtube;KyprJCgm59g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyprJCgm59g&index=16&list=PLbOBANK9Wr0ihTXnzAXo19fmP3kLTY5Lz[/video]

Thank you! I loved doing things like this. Now that my children are older, I just don't have as many opportunities!
You can make things for me and my children. I'll be your "stepkid" and they'll be your "stepgrandchildrens" lol

In all seriousness though you could find either a children's care place that would let you "adopt a family" and do these things for those whom can't or maybe for foster kids. Maybe "donate" them to a church Sunday school class or they could help you find someone who could use the help. A youth group or "soup kitchen" might also appreciate your skills and gifts and know whom could the holiday cheer.

Anyways those are just a few ideas of how I do similar things. I find a underserved family and help with what and where I can. I've given every year at Christmas and I'm sure to some of those families it's the only gifts they get at Christmas. I'm sure it puts a smile at least on the children's faces. After all for me that's what it's all about. The children and smiles.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

t seems Scooter and dad are bonding a lot !

Be on the lookout it looks as if Scooter is planning on breaking out !!!

hummm maybe a locksmith when he grows up?

During Aprils pregnancy, many us us were tuned into Evolyn and Corsica.. an update...

"Evolene's incredible story continues to show us why it is SO important to spay and neuter, because less than two weeks after giving birth, she is in heat again.

If she wasn't in our care, she would already be pregnant again, even though her body is not strong enough to support a pregnancy. This is the shocking and harsh reality for cats who aren't spayed.

:grouphug: and thanks to the OP who posted about Evolyn and Corsica. It has been such a learning experience ... heartbreaking and uplifting for following it live.

:blowkiss:

Evolyn is getting such great attention... can we discuss on this thread without getting too OT? :dunno: if we can discuss the kitties?

Oh, an as an aside.. I was asking CARIIS as to what characteristics baby had as his grandson.

As an Auntie... he has my old age liver spots!! :giggle: , knobby knees, big ears.

But I wish I had his
-long eyelashes
-big eyes
-nice "tail" :giggle:
-ENERGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During Aprils pregnancy, many us us were tuned into Evolyn and Corsica.. an update...

"Evolene's incredible story continues to show us why it is SO important to spay and neuter, because less than two weeks after giving birth, she is in heat again.

If she wasn't in our care, she would already be pregnant again, even though her body is not strong enough to support a pregnancy. This is the shocking and harsh reality for cats who aren't spayed.

:grouphug: and thanks to the OP who posted about Evolyn and Corsica. It has been such a learning experience ... heartbreaking and uplifting for following it live.

Here's the video of Evo. She's doing SO much better :loveyou:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/tinykittens/videos/1463790583695801/[/video]

I got a couple of screen shots since the feed is coming down today.

Last pic of baby and april.PNGlast pic of baby.PNG

:blowkiss:

Evolyn is getting such great attention... can we discuss on this thread without getting too OT? :dunno: if we can discuss the kitties?

Oh, an as an aside.. I was asking CARIIS as to what characteristics baby had as his grandson.

As an Auntie... he has my old age liver spots!! :giggle: , knobby knees, big ears.

But I wish I had his
-long eyelashes
-big eyes
-nice "tail" :giggle:
-ENERGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed watching Evo and Corsica and am so happy they were rescued. Amazing Evo is in labor again!!!

That was a really sweet ending. I am already in giraffe withdrawal though. :(

Do we know which name has been chosen for baby yet?

I am going to miss April and Scooter! I am glad of the timing because I am now planning baby boys graduation party and because I cannot not do things the easy way, I have a lot of things to make, including 60 invitations. I am going to express my love for him in this very moment because I am sure I while doing this, I will have moments of wanting to strangle him and I will come back here to remind myself!

That was a really sweet ending. I am already in giraffe withdrawal though. :(

Do we know which name has been chosen for baby yet?

Well, we are going with Scooter for now but AA has not picked one. They did say they will update about when they will occasionally put the feed back up so we can still see the baby so maybe they will announce it during one of those times.

I am also going to miss Oliver. I loved watching Oliver and his son nose to nose. I think that he has surprised everyone with the attention he shows to his baby. Oh man, I am going to miss them all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really am glad we all had this beautiful opportunity to come together & watch & learn about the majestic & coolest wild animal, the Giraffe, and doing so we learned something bout ourselves too.
How awesome is it we can love & nurture just by watching a live feed.
Thanks Animal Adventure Park, I pray only for the best for each and every one of you, especially April, baby & Oliver, as well as Jordons lil one & the charity does many wonderful things including awareness of that particular disease/ailment.
This is hard & I'm a lil emotional, will get through this lil hurdle and thinking of asking Riverbanks Zoo if I can just see the Giraffes in Columbia, SC. There's also Zoo Atlanta, not sure of name anymore, but Atlanta is 2-2 1/2 hours away & Columbia is just up the road from us, 45 minutes away.

Love, Hugs & a big fat sloppy Kiss to my fab friends & partners in crime at Websleuths. [emoji172][emoji41][emoji170]✌️[emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back