NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stream keeps going offline for me. Wonder if they're getting a lot of viewers?

Poor girl, I hope the delivery is soon.

The stream keeps going offline for me. Wonder if they're getting a lot of viewers?

Poor girl, I hope the delivery is soon.

Keeps going off for me also. Not sure what is normal but showing 96,935 watching now.

Hmmm.....when I click on the video I keep getting a black screen with "this live stream recording is not available". I wonder what's going on. Hope April and baby are alright.

Dad is going stir crazy

He wants a little stuck in bed cause of snow action!

Girl is laying down now, with her head up. Wonder if this helps the baby move into the birth canal? She must be tired.

ETA: She looks like she's pushing or something.

I have to leave for a few hrs. and will be out most of tomorrow. So it will happen at one of these time frames.

Girl is laying down now, with her head up. Wonder if this helps the baby move into the birth canal? She must be tired.

ETA: She looks like she's pushing or something.
Watching her get up makes ME hurt!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

April is lying down and seems to be uncomfortable, which is the only way I can describe what I'm seeing. I wish the camera was at a different angle.

She just stood up and with all the extra weight, she managed to get up rather fast with grace and poise.

A zookeeper or vet is visiting April.
ETA
A few minutes ago April got real close to the camera as if she was inspecting it and out came the tongue. I thought she was licking the camera, but she was being fed carrots in front of the camera, it was so precious and I'm glad they did that.

A zookeeper or vet is visiting April.
ETA
A few minutes ago April got real close to the camera as if she was inspecting it and out came the tongue. I thought she was licking the camera, but she was being fed carrots in front of the camera, it was so precious and I'm glad they did that.

They do that a few times a day, it's super cute. Oliver gets treats too, romaine lettuce and carrots, but it's off camera in the other corner of his stall. Some people were complaining that Oliver wasn't getting treats so now sometimes they'll give treats to him through the fence in April's stall so people can observe it happening.

Most evenings from 5pm to 6pm PST they will open up the live chat feature next to the video and the zookeepers will answer questions. (It's also opened up to donations) At the end of that session they'll give the treats to the giraffes and then eventually turn out the lights for the evening.

They do that a few times a day, it's super cute. Oliver gets treats too, romaine lettuce and carrots, but it's off camera in the other corner of his stall. Some people were complaining that Oliver wasn't getting treats so now sometimes they'll give treats to him through the fence in April's stall so people can observe it happening.

Most evenings from 5pm to 6pm PST they will open up the live chat feature next to the video and the zookeepers will answer questions. (It's also opened up to donations) At the end of that session they'll give the treats to the giraffes and then eventually turn out the lights for the evening.

Secrett, thanks for the info.

I must have jinxed April. Right after I posted that there was quite a bit of hay left, she walked over and started munching. I am starting to feel so bad for her! Watching her sit down is painful to watch; the last few days it is if she has to talk herself into sitting.

Has anyone else noticed how much calmer April is with the female vet than the male?

Has anyone else noticed how much calmer April is with the female vet than the male?

Well my dear I have not seen her, but I did not like him!! He needs to walk around our April with respect!

I did not blame her when she reared that day- just did not like his body language !!!

I must have jinxed April. Right after I posted that there was quite a bit of hay left, she walked over and started munching. I am starting to feel so bad for her! Watching her sit down is painful to watch; the last few days it is if she has to talk herself into sitting.

You are not alone--I have found it hard the last 24 hours or so to watch her - she just seems miserable.

I have a harder time when it is nightime for her it depresses me.

Wow, middle of the night update. I got up to see what I'm missing!

3/16. Early Hour Update 2:12 am Est
The feed is experiencing significant disruption of signal due to weather (snow and wind).
Breathe easy and rest assured - this too will pass.
We have noted April's behavior the past hour and are watching closely. This does not mean we expect immediate changes in situation, but are monitoring behavior.

Back to bed with my tablet! :eek:fftobed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member