Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we seen this yet? A flyer for Jennifer on this missing person blog, posted yesterday. Sorry if it's already been shared and I missed it!

Scroll down a little to find JR's.

http://lostnmissing.tumblr.com/

Jillian, are there any camping areas around there? The car wasn't found until December 16th. It certainly could have been at the apt complex the whole time, but what if it wasn't? What if she/they/someone else had possession of it during those few days? And then ditched the car afterwards, during a separate instance from ditching the phone.

Complete and total speculation here - what if she were going to meet up with some guy, with the plan of "getting away" - and she was all prepared to leave the house that day, and he was on the way from wherever to come get her. But he was delayed on his way there (maybe had some car trouble), so she had to kill some time. If she'd already planned the whole thing out, and was both mentally and physically prepared to walk away THAT DAY, then maybe she wouldn't want to risk being seen out shopping or eating or at a hotel or anywhere that someone would remember seeing her.... so she drove to some out of the way place and waited it out, and then met the guy at a predetermined time (determined before ditching the phone), at or near the apt complex when he got into town.

I dunno, is that too far-fetched?

Jillian, are there any camping areas around there? The car wasn't found until December 16th. It certainly could have been at the apt complex the whole time, but what if it wasn't? What if she/they/someone else had possession of it during those few days? And then ditched the car afterwards, during a separate instance from ditching the phone.

Complete and total speculation here - what if she were going to meet up with some guy, with the plan of "getting away" - and she was all prepared to leave the house that day, and he was on the way from wherever to come get her. But he was delayed on his way there (maybe had some car trouble), so she had to kill some time. If she'd already planned the whole thing out, and was both mentally and physically prepared to walk away THAT DAY, then maybe she wouldn't want to risk being seen out shopping or eating or at a hotel or anywhere that someone would remember seeing her.... so she drove to some out of the way place and waited it out, and then met the guy at a predetermined time (determined before ditching the phone), at or near the apt complex when he got into town.

I dunno, is that too far-fetched?

Yes, there are camping areas around here. Most are closed, and even if they were open (say, for hunters) you would have to register. Most hunting ended on 12/08, I think. And one would have to know the area pretty well to find these camping spots. Not sure how much of a survivalist she is. If she went to one, surely whoever ran it would find it odd that a woman alone would be "camping" in her car, unprepared (no tent, supplies, etc., just her car) and would report it.

Driving around for five days because someone whom she may have planned to meet up with didn't show seems illogical and risky. She would have had to sleep in her car on a back road, which is possible, but pretty dangerous (and scary, I would imagine) for a woman to do, especially alone. She would have had to get food too, and risk being seen. If I were to get away and it couldn't happen that day, I would re-plan.

Yes, there are camping areas around here. Most are closed, and even if they were open (say, for hunters) you would have to register. Most hunting ended on 12/08, I think. And one would have to know the area pretty well to find these camping spots. Not sure how much of a survivalist she is. If she went to one, surely whoever ran it would find it odd that a woman alone would be "camping" in her car, unprepared (no tent, supplies, etc., just her car) and would report it.

Driving around for five days because someone whom she may have planned to meet up with didn't show seems illogical and risky. She would have had to sleep in her car on a back road, which is possible, but pretty dangerous (and scary, I would imagine) for a woman to do, especially alone. She would have had to get food too, and risk being seen. If I were to get away and it couldn't happen that day, I would re-plan.

Really good points, and thanks muchly for considering the scenario. :)

I'm trying to think of any explanation of mud on the car that doesn't include her being deceased. :(

Awesome.

So where does State Hwy 23 eventually lead? I'll google map it, but thought I'd ask, as well, b/c you'd probably know. Is it a road that people usually take going out of town to..... where?

Looking at google maps, I guess going out Hwy 23 could kind of take you to Interstate 81, which would take you either North or South?

Looking at google maps, I guess going out Hwy 23 could kind of take you to Interstate 81, which would take you either North or South?

Yes. Route 23 is a rural highway that connects a bunch of rural towns. So you would drive say 55mph until you hit a town or village, slow down for a few minutes, and then get back up to 55mph again, until the next small town/village and so on, until you hook up with 81N, which is pretty much a straight shot up to Syracuse (no stops for villages/towns).

That's the way most locals go to the mall Jennifer was allegedly going to.

Was not intended to be snippy at all- in fact, I thanked your post- as it was informative. I was replying to the post- would she care about this little detail if she left without her kids....next time I will be clearer.

Sorry.. missed that.. just tired (was late over here) and frustrated!

Sorry.. missed that.. just tired (was late over here) and frustrated!
no problem at all- tone of text is hard to interpret, especially from a stranger- and very subject to frustration levels :) I should have been more clear- thanks for reminding me

Interesting that new flyer is from her "sister" after so much silence.. and contains different info to the official one.. I really hope things are starting to move.

On the "at home sending emails" front.. I don't know what system IBM use but some will allow you to write an email and then set it to deliver at a certain time. I managed to fool some friends into thinking I was at work Christmas day once doing that... I'm sure LE know that though and if he was replying to emails that were coming in during that time.

Interesting that new flyer is from her "sister" after so much silence.. and contains different info to the official one.. I really hope things are starting to move.

So Jillian, did you say that all of a sudden, lots of people are starting to email you? I wonder if that, coupled with the new flyer (all the new stuff) suggests a change in strategy? If lots of people are doing it all at once, are people talking amongst themselves and deciding what to do, or did LE advise people to start talking a little more?

So Jillian, did you say that all of a sudden, lots of people are starting to email you? I wonder if that, coupled with the new flyer (all the new stuff) suggests a change in strategy? If lots of people are doing it all at once, are people talking amongst themselves and deciding what to do, or did LE advise people to start talking a little more?

Yes, I did say that. The "JR-Help Find Her" FB page doubled its "likes" in about a day (today). I haven't kept track of the "likes," but noticed a very high volume of activity today, especially with emails from friends and family (over 60 today, from various people, but not 60 different people, of course). Many from Norwich.

Not sure about the change in strategy or if something came out that wasn't before released (ie. your idea bout the police maybe advising people to vocalize). All of the emails voiced frustration about the quietness of the case. My gut tells me that they've gotten fed up with staying silent for so long. Incidentally, almost all of them have asked me to maintain their anonymity, which is odd (as well as concerning, because I've asked them all to go to the police with their concerns, and if they're scared, I'm afraid they won't). I did mention that there calls will be kept confidential, per the Sheriff's Dept. link, which I gave to all of them.

The "unusual amount of mud" comment may have gotten people thinking more. It sure has me up this late at night wondering what's up with that...

Yes, I did say that. The "JR-Help Find Her" FB page doubled its "likes" in about a day (today). I haven't kept track of the "likes," but noticed a very high volume of activity today, especially with emails from friends and family (over 60 today, from various people, but not 60 different people, of course). Many from Norwich.

Not sure about the change in strategy or if something came out that wasn't before released (ie. your idea bout the police maybe advising people to vocalize). All of the emails voiced frustration about the quietness of the case. My gut tells me that they've gotten fed up with staying silent for so long. Incidentally, almost all of them have asked me to maintain their anonymity, which is odd (as well as concerning, because I've asked them all to go to the police with their concerns, and if they're scared, I'm afraid they won't). I did mention that there calls will be kept confidential, per the Sheriff's Dept. link, which I gave to all of them.

The "unusual amount of mud" comment may have gotten people thinking more. It sure has me up this late at night wondering what's up with that...

Hmm, that is fascinating. I'm not sure what to make of it, either. There have been lots of new tidbits that have arisen today, it seems, and it's kind of hard to wrap your mind around all of it. It has my own mind in overdrive, that's for sure!

On the "at home sending emails" front.. I don't know what system IBM use but some will allow you to write an email and then set it to deliver at a certain time. I managed to fool some friends into thinking I was at work Christmas day once doing that... I'm sure LE know that though and if he was replying to emails that were coming in during that time.

I hope LE is keeping things like this in mind. In my case, my (supposed) friends would call me from a different area code, when they were actually right outside my home at the time. They used some form of Caller ID spoofing.
There are many ways to fool the average person. I hope LE isn't overlooking such possibilities.

I wasn't around yesterday so I'm 5 pages behind and so excited to read. I started to catch up and already had a few thoughts to throw out.

Now I'm confused if GR thinks she left on her own or what. Initially he posted on FB that she would never leave willingly. Well then now why is all this talk about her online life, her talking to a male in the UK, etc? It seems so fake.

Then the phone, if she left on her own, I would think IMO that she would keep her phone, just not answer him. Maybe change her number or SOMETHING. Not just toss it. The phone being found would indicate someone uknown to her harmed her but unfortunately to me, it just feels staged.

I apologize in advance for the multiple postings that I feel coming on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACEmama