Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jennifer left the house without her phone, which is possible if she were not alive when she left the house, any LE pinging the phone would locate it at the last place it was before the battery died, or the phone was shut off. It would be incriminating if the last broadcast from the phone was during the day, Dec. 11, on Sheff Road. If the phone were thrown away, the last ping would either (again) be Sheff Road, or the dumpster. The dumpster would indicate the phone was thrown away by someone nearby, (or, if not nearby, would still give some insight into it being deliberately disposed of by someone other than Jennifer) so wouldn't it be better to ditch the phone along the route of the supposed abduction? Then it looks like Jennifer had her phone and she or someone else threw it out the window. The time lapse in locating this phone is significant. It would take some time to position the phone to fit the scenario. I do think this is the one concrete piece of evidence in the case.

Somewhere, there is a site where you can get maps of all the cell phone towers in an area. It was mentioned in the Brittney Wood thread. They really have some good stuff there about phone pings. I wonder if a map like that would be helpful here......or do locals already know exactly where all the towers are?

Is there a map already around that I have missed, in fact?

This is all my opinion, and not to be construed as fact.

This is in response to Abigail's post (Thread 10, Page 4, Post #83), in response to questions I posed.

I agree with many of your assessments, Abigail, including the break down of approximate timing when GR had arrived at the YMCA.

So I'll only respond to your response to the first question, and the two options that you posed, and elaborate with some of my conclusions, as supported by the things that have been presented across the many threads devoted to this case.

My initial question:

• When was the van abandoned at Plank Road Manor?

Abigail's response:
Option 1: On December 11, the day Jenn went missing, and the residents just didn't happen to notice it.
Option 2: Sometime after December 11, but where was it before? And, since word was now out of a missing woman, why take the risk of moving it to a rather public location?

My Response:
Option 1: On December 11, the day Jenn went missing, and the residents just didn't happen to notice it.

It is a possibility to consider that the van was there since the 11th.

However, the residents at Plank Road Manor have said that the van was there for no more than one or two days (two days at the maximum). Whether that is one or two days including the day it was found on the 16th, or one or two days prior to when it was discovered on the 16th is a matter up for debate.

Websleuths - Jennifer Ramsaran - amberdawn723's post, Thread 5, Page 37, Post #907

Snipped:
"....People claim that the van was there for 2 days max....I wonder how positive they are about that statement."

Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran Facebook - Area Map Photo Notation

Notation by the individual/s maintaining the Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran Facebook page:

Snipped:
Note that many residents of the Plank Road Manor apartments have stated that Jen's van wasn't parked there for 5 days. Most have said "1-2 days" or "2 days, max."

Option 2: Sometime after December 11, but where was it before? And, since word was now out of a missing woman, why take the risk of moving it to a rather public location?

The first question posed, is actually the second question I posed on my list of questions:

• Where could the van have been hidden, prior to it being abandoned at Plank Road Manor?

So I think we're on the same page in regards to that question.

The answer to that, is we don't know.

As for the second question about taking the risk to move it... one has to consider when the public came to knowledge of Jennifer's disappearance, and whether there was time to have moved the van to Plank Road Manor sometime after that.

December 11th, 2012
Jennifer disappears

December 12th, 2012
Jennifer's phone is discovered at the Moon Hill Road/SR-23 intersection by her husband.

8:39 PM - December 13th, 2012
The Chenango County Sheriff's Department issues the first missing person's statement in regard to Jennifer's disappearance, via their Facebook Page (link below).

Chenango County Sheriff's Department Missing Person's Report

December 13th and 14th, 2012
Local Media Outlets (MSM) begin to spread the Chenango County Sheriff's Missing Person's Report to the greater public later in the evening of December 13th (via evening newscasts and online press statements), and in the morning newspapers and electronic media of December 14th.

10:29 PM - December 13th
CNY Central - Chenango County Sheriff's Office searching for missing woman

8:22 AM - December 14th
CNY News - Chenango County Searches for Missing Jennifer L. Ramsaran

December 14th
Evening Sun - Police on the lookout for missing New Berlin woman

December 14th
The Daily Star - Info sought on missing New Berlin woman

December 16th, 2012
Jennifer's van is discovered by her father at the Plank Road Manor apartment complex (two and a half days after the Sheriff Department's release concerning Jennifer's disappearance reached, and was spread by media outlets).

According to her father, the van was covered in an unusual amount of mud

The mud can indicate two things...

1) The van was driven down a muddy road somewhere, possibly Coy Street or another dirt road, in the vicinity of where Jennifer's body would eventually be found.

2) The van was intentionally covered in mud, possibly caking the plates (Note: New York State has front and back license plates) with mud, and trying to blot out or conceal the color of the van, making it look like one had been "mudding" or off-road riding, when in fact concealing it for a short time.

It could also serve in the purpose of masking it to drive to the ditching point at Plank Road Manor.

More likely than not, the cover of darkness may have been utilized as well. One would be less likely to be pulled over for an obscured license plate, considering that LE in that area aren't heavily staffed, nor are they as heavily active at night as they are in the day.

The speed trap in the park across from Plank Road Manor possibly wouldn't have been manned at that time of the month either. They tend to be active there towards the end of a month.

The fact that it was Jennifer's father who found her van seems to indicate that at that time, LE had nothing more to go on, save for the phone that GR had found (possibly) at the Moon Hill Road/SR-23 Intersection.

It could also possibly indicate that a search hadn't been mounted right away. This could possibly be due to the statement about her potentially dying her hair and changing it. That could possibly have indicated the potentiality that she had altered her appearance so as not to be recognized in the course of disappearing, and thus may have assumed that she may had long since left the area.

The first active search by LE (named in the media as taking place), occurred when a search warrant was issued on the 18th of December, to search the premises of the Ramsaran residence. (two days after her van had been discovered)

If we factor all of it together... there seems to have been a lot of time there for one to get rid of possible evidence.

What irritates me most about it all... we just don't know at this time :banghead:

Sorry for the length, mods :blushing:

so at this point only jennifers family is seeking infromation?

what was the ccs last satement?

how many articals has the local county paper (the evening sun) wrote in total?
the daily star is as good as miles away .locals read only the home town trash

who is keeping this issue alive in the public? just jenns family?

dont you think if LE had something, (anything) he would have been arrested?

i will tell you all this is falling of the radar localy!!!!!
and you do not want to here my prediction of what will be the close of this case. but if that tox reprot comes back cleean ....... .

and by the way i am boy cotting the local home town trash untill they print a comprehenisive artical about jennifer ramsarn. they or the sherrifs never told me or my community she was sunday school teacher/girl scout leader.....nore did they tell us about his trist..notrhing that would have brought jennifer justice

.......im boycoting that rag

It is possible the perpetrator left the house without the phone. (JR, if no longer alive, certainly wouldn't have it with her.) Someone would have to be very calm and calculating to think to take JR's phone at that time. Returning home from the Y and discovering the phone would present a real snag to an otherwise perfect crime. Too late to leave the phone in the car. Then, what would be the next step in dealing with the phone? It couldn't remain in the house for LE to find. (Afterall, supposedly if someone were calling JR's phone throughout the day, they would have heard it ringing in the house.) How could someone take care of the phone and still present themself as working to find answers? Maybe, "find the phone?" (This is totally conjecture on my part, and in no way should be taken as anything other than theory.)

Phones can be silenced, I'm not sure I follow.

GR stated that any attempt for him to call JR on that day went straight to voicemail....so there will be no register on her phone of missed calls...but I assume there will be calls from GR's to hers to set an alibi. (also means her phones was turned off) Also POB said that she was on her gaming sight that morning at 630am so that is the only time that we know of that she was on her phone...other than that it could have been turned off...which of course goes against her seemingly daily routine of going on and off her gaming sight....she doesn't seem like she would have either let her phone battery die or have her phone off if she was that invested in playing her phone game.

Again confused. If the phone is off missed calls will still show as missed calls.

Ace, that is an amazing synopsis you just posted. Thank you for doing all that work.

so at this point only jennifers family is seeking infromation?

what was the ccs last satement?

how many articals has the local county paper (the evening sun) wrote in total?
the daily star is as good as miles away .locals read only the home town trash

who is keeping this issue alive in the public? just jenns family?

dont you think if LE had something, (anything) he would have been arrested?

i will tell you all this is falling of the radar localy!!!!!
and you do not want to here my prediction of what will be the close of this case. but if that tox reprot comes back cleean ....... .

and by the way i am boy cotting the local home town trash untill they print a comprehenisive artical about jennifer ramsarn. they or the sherrifs never told me or my community she was sunday school teacher/girl scout leader.....nore did they tell us about his trist..notrhing that would have brought jennifer justice

.......im boycoting that rag

cjwoods, help me out here, have you got a link to the local paper, or a name?

You could always write a letter to the editor, maybe? As a local, it might get published and that might be a way of getting around the fact they're not printing stories about Jennifer.

Not necessarily telling them off, but maybe putting in things they missed about Jennifer, and asking if they can write something about why she wasn't found earlier, maybe? Or why some people might have thought she took off on her own?

Lol, if you're boycotting though, you won't know if they do write something!!

has anyone tried to find out if there is a HOLD placed on the autopsy results? I ask this because they are public record and often times in other cases that I have followed LE will apply for a hold on release if they are awaiting something (re: tox reports in this case specifically)

I wonder if reporter JM has delved into this??

You could always write a letter to the editor, maybe? As a local, it might get published and that might be a way of getting around the fact they're not printing stories about Jennifer.

Not necessarily telling them off, but maybe putting in things they missed about Jennifer, and asking if they can write something about why she wasn't found earlier, maybe? Or why some people might have thought she took off on her own?

the paper is (the evining sun ,chenango countys hometown newspaper)....
they do a thumbs up thumbs down colum on fridays... the new editor . qoute .. thumbs down to any person who thinks this paper does not print articals due to hiddin agends,
it was clearly from sevral people wanting a artical about jenn...
the daily star did a decent job.... but its in another county all together..
honestly no one reads it...
the last LE statment said i can not speculate weather or not foul play was invloved.....
if that tox report comes back clean this is over..
most peolpe still think she ran off with someone she meet online, and thats why something happend...........no idea about GR/ES
and i stiil stop every day on my way home to look at the cover story, ive been buying it everday since mid dec .

It was stated that the people in the apartments at Plank Rd Manor said the van was only there a couple of days. Im wondering why didnt one of them call and tip off LE when they first saw it? Word was already out along with the pictures of it that it was missing. Hard to believe that one of the tenants saw it and didnt call. It was sitting out there right in the open where hundreds of people were driving by and it took a search by her father to find it? Strange!

I hope they didn't just think Jennifer was hiding there deliberately. But I fear they could have done.

Storage facilities.

Anyone think any of these are likely to have been places where Jennifer's car could have been stored?

http://www.thestoragecenterllc.com/

There are also two others but I can't post links.

Markham moving and storage, 125 New York 12, Chenango Forks

Afton Self Storage, 37 Academy St, Afton (40 mins drive from Jennifer's house)

I wonder if they have cctv?

Here is boat storage. You could fit a car into a boat unit, couldn't you?

http://www.yellowpages.com/chenango-bridge-ny/boat-storage

the paper is (the evining sun ,chenango countys hometown newspaper)....
they do a thumbs up thumbs down colum on fridays... the new editor . qoute .. thumbs down to any person who thinks this paper does not print articals due to hiddin agends,
it was clearly from sevral people wanting a artical about jenn...
the daily star did a decent job.... but its in another county all together..
honestly no one reads it...
the last LE statment said i can not speculate weather or not foul play was invloved.....
if that tox report comes back clean this is over..
most peolpe still think she ran off with someone she meet online, and thats why something happend...........no idea about GR/ES
and i stiil stop every day on my way home to look at the cover story, ive been buying it everday since mid dec .

Wow. They must have an awful lot of amazing news to cover, if they don't think a murder is worth covering. Oh, I forget, there could be an innocent explanation of how Jennifer's body got where it got, not alive.

I hope they didn't just think Jennifer was hiding there deliberately. But I fear they could have done.

Storage facilities.

Anyone think any of these are likely to have been places where Jennifer's car could have been stored?

http://www.thestoragecenterllc.com/

There are also two others but I can't post links.

Markham moving and storage, 125 New York 12, Chenango Forks

Afton Self Storage, 37 Academy St, Afton (40 mins drive from Jennifer's house)

I wonder if they have cctv?

Both of those storage places are east and south of chenango county. They do have many smaller storage areas local but i still tend to think it was up on one of the back roads off route 23. MOO

You know, there is a woman scientist out there who can take a piece of mud from a car, and tell you which field, in a whole row of supposedly identical fields, that mud had come from. She is an absolute genius with pollen, plants, etc. I wish to heaven I could remember her name, and wish to heaven she could get hold of a sample of mud from Jennifers car.

The web address to this paper is evesun.com. Its called The Evening Sun.

Both of those storage places are east and south of chenango county. They do have many smaller storage areas local but i still tend to think it was up on one of the back roads off route 23. MOO

i cant see a killer moveing that can twice?.. you got away once?. it was parked there, and it was not being brought to anyones atention. for a tenate not to call the police, they would have needed to BUY (1) paper on dec 12 0r 13? it wasnt in there everyday. and it was only 3 days...if it got parked on the 11th..... big parking lot, publick housing, why would they notice just another van?

"......Well, the Mom we talked to now and then..."
http://www.wbng.com/home/Police-Search-Around-Home-of-Missing-Woman-183965521.html
Dec 18th, 2012

'The kids miss their old Mom, not the one..."
http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1525009601/Missing-womans-husband-speaks?mobRedir=false
Jan 30th, 2013.

This is a tiny thing that makes me stop in my tracks. I don't know what, if anything, it could mean at all.

I do know I find it an unusual way to refer to someone you know - 'the Mom', 'the one'.....I can see why one person might have a pretty unique way of speaking to the press. Yet here are two people doing it, in reference to the same person, just over a month apart. Had the person in the last article remembered the comment from the first, and was echoing it, consciously or unconsciously?Or had they been reading through old articles and.....I don't know, I really don't, but I can't help thinking about it.

Thanks for pulling up this link -- I had somehow missed this video earlier.

I don't take referring to Jenn as "the Mom" to have any special meaning...it seems to me that the neighbor was simply referring to her role in the family. Maybe he didn't know the family well enough to know Jenn's name (the houses are rather far apart on that road). However, what I DID get from this clip is that he seems to give emphasis to his interactions with "the Mom" (as opposed to "the Dad"). He doesn't mention anything about "the Dad" at all -- (unless perhaps he did, and it didn't make it to the editing table) -- as if, even though Jenn was frieindly but slightly stand-offish, GR was.....what???

I tend to agree with you. As a local, i know those roads in that area. There are thousands of acres of state owned forests with lots of miles of dirt truck trails that would be really muddy that time of year, that could have been driven on.

i cant see a killer moveing that can twice?.. you got away once?. it was parked there, and it was not being brought to anyones atention. for a tenate not to call the police, they would have needed to BUY (1) paper on dec 12 0r 13? it wasnt in there everyday. and it was only 3 days...if it got parked on the 11th..... big parking lot, publick housing, why would they notice just another van?

If i remember right in earlier post and please don't hold me to this but sure it was a verifed person said that people in the apartments new of tenents that had a van that parked in that area and they were going on a vacation so they thought it was them, that they came back early. I wish i could find were i read that. i will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azraelserves