Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find anything specific for NY - but Missouri requires the property to be located in Missouri and they cannot use their own property:

http://www.stlouisco.com/YourGovernment/CountyDepartments/JusticeServices/Bonds

Property Bonds involve the posting of real estate located in the State of Missouri in order to secure the release of the arrested party. An arrested party may not use his or her own property

The general rule seems to be that the property will need to be of at least twice the value of the bail needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail#Forms_2
Property Bond - the accused or a person acting on his behalf pledges real property having a value at least equal to the amount of the bail. If the principal fails to appear for trial the state can levy or institute foreclosure proceedings against the property to recover the bail. Used in rare cases and in certain jurisdictions. Often, the equity of the property must be twice the amount of the bail set.[30]

Still looking.................:drumroll:

Hmmm...thanks a lot!...amazing what one learns hanging around here! That's pretty rough not being able to use one's own property to post bail. I guess it means you'd have to round up enough relatives and friends who trust you enough to put their own property at stake. At least in MO. If it's the same in NY -- then GR wouldn't able to be able to use his own house (and I think some sleuthers around here figured the value to be around $200,000 or about 2/3 of the original bond. Just wondering how limited his options are.

Hmmm...thanks a lot!...amazing what one learns hanging around here! That's pretty rough not being able to use one's own property to post bail. I guess it means you'd have to round up enough relatives and friends who trust you enough to put their own property at stake. At least in MO. If it's the same in NY -- then GR wouldn't able to be able to use his own house (and I think some sleuthers around here figured the value to be around $200,000 or about 2/3 of the original bond. Just wondering how limited his options are.

I don't think it's rough - I think it's right. The idea is to stop you skipping town - if you're going to skip you're clearly prepared to abandon anything and everything you own anyway, so what's the point of putting it up as bond? Whereas you might think twice if you know your family/friends would lose out (although to be honest, if you're prepared to murder a member of your family, it seems to me you don't care too much about them).

If you watch/read Game of Thrones, it's the modern version of taking a member of a family hostage to ensure that family remain loyal - think Theon Greyjoy staying at the House of Stark. That was surety against his father rebelling against the King again.

Personally I hope his options are very limited.

I don't think it's rough - I think it's right. The idea is to stop you skipping town - if you're going to skip you're clearly prepared to abandon anything and everything you own anyway, so what's the point of putting it up as bond? Whereas you might think twice if you know your family/friends would lose out (although to be honest, if you're prepared to murder a member of your family, it seems to me you don't care too much about them).

If you watch/read Game of Thrones, it's the modern version of taking a member of a family hostage to ensure that family remain loyal - think Theon Greyjoy staying at the House of Stark. That was surety against his father rebelling against the King again.

Personally I hope his options are very limited.

I agree with your hopes that his options are limited.

Quite honestly, I've never given bail or bond much thought, or even knew how it worked. I think you have a valid point that if someone were ruthless enough to render his children motherless to fulfill his own selfish agenda, he'd be unlikely to posses enough empathy for relatives or friends to worry about their (very substantial) losses if he skipped town.

Wasn't the 22nd the date of his last bail posting? I hope so. I hope he's not out again. Or if he is, he goes and stays with one of his supporters and keeps away from Jennifer's family, and those who don't support him.

Wasn't the 22nd the date of his last bail posting? I hope so. I hope he's not out again. Or if he is, he goes and stays with one of his supporters and keeps away from Jennifer's family, and those who don't support him.

Yes it was the first hearing! At first it sent chills up my spine till I read it more!:blushing: :blushing:

Vinelink sent out notifications stating GR had been bonded out (mine via phone call as I'm registered with them) and that's why I posted as soon as I heard - but later went online and saw they showed GR's 5/22 release date and did not have any record of his recent arrest. I called the jail to confirm and they said he was still in custody - called Vinelink back to tell them to correct their records, and, after speaking with jail themselves, they are submitting an incident report, doing just that. Sorry for the heart attack folks!! As of 5 minutes ago - GR was still in custody! :blushing:

I'm soooooo sorry guys! I've been registered with Vinelink almost since it's inception and have *never had an incorrect notification....until now!

Vinelink sent out notifications stating GR had been bonded out (mine via phone call as I'm registered with them) and that's why I posted as soon as I heard - but later went online and saw they showed GR's 5/22 release date and did not have any record of his recent arrest. I called the jail to confirm and they said he was still in custody - called Vinelink back to tell them to correct their records, and, after speaking with jail themselves, they are submitting an incident report, doing just that. Sorry for the heart attack folks!! As of 5 minutes ago - GR was still in custody! :blushing:

I'm soooooo sorry guys! I've been registered with Vinelink almost since it's inception and have *never had an incorrect notification....until now!

I just wanted to mention that someone put up a posting on the J4J facebook site saying that he has bonded out again. Someone might want to go over there and correct that post before the community gets in an uproar! I am not a member of that site.

...a bit strange because it DID show 2 days ago that he was IN custody.

...a bit strange because it DID show 2 days ago that he was IN custody.

I know - I'd seen that too - and I did mention that to Vinelink when I spoke with them. .... and was offered no explanation for that, other than they are going to get the info in their system updated as soon as they can possibly do so. The first lady I spoke with said she saw nothing on him after the bond release on the 22nd.. which I knew was untrue as I'd seen it myself - so - got a second lady on the line who is fixing it all.......

Funny thing - when I called Vinelink the first time? 45 second wait. When I called them back after calling the jail? 8 minute wait time....I think there were more than a few peeps signed up for notifications re: GR

I haven't found any newslinks or anything at all about GR posting bail, but it looks like the info is already out there, at least on the J4J page.

Just posted collection of media (& FB from DA and Sheriff) links related to arrest -- in chronological order, like what Zweibel did with links from Dec. to April.

Not quite comprehensive -- didn't include all the AP reports and others that just had a brief article with no new info.

Can link to it from signature below. If anyone has time, might want to note any errors or omissions while I am able to edit.

Now that GR has been indicted and Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran is hopefully, just over the horizon. Ironically, there is a recent missing person case; Holly Fischer(39)(NC), that was in the midst of a divorce, left her father's house on Memorial Day enroute to her home in NC, and vanished...
There are many parallels to JR's case, imo, with the exception of an immediate outpouring of community support and ms media coverage.
The participation and input of the JFJR WS Team would be deeply appreciated...

TN/NC - Holly Fischer, 39, Newport TN to Charlotte NC, 27 May 2013
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210861&page=10&highlight=holly+fischer

So, I'm guessing as we haven't heard anything, bail's not been posted.

It will likely take several days if it is going to be, so I guess Norwich residents can breathe a sigh of relief for a while. My thoughts are with Jennifer's loved ones because this must seem like an endless nightmare for them.

At least they can look back with pride at how they conducted themselves, and know they did their best for Jennifer. And I think it's lovely the way Jennifer inspired such support from so many people who had never even met her. Her light shone through all that 'fog' at the beginning and was a beacon to follow. She led us all to the right place, I believe.

This is totally OT and no longer even relevant...but a man who is charged with having sex with a dog :( has bail of $80K in Illinois. He did not kill the dog (although what he did is bad enough and makes me ill.) just comparing GR's initial bail for murdering his wife.

From my understanding, GR has NOT had bail posted - GR is still in jail - I feel very comfortable in saying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo