Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my original thoughts (in thread #1) was that GR stating he filled the gas tank was that if he didn't fill it completely, this would change the search radius if LE were working out the distance travelled via the amount of gas. I believe you could attempt to work it out, but I very much doubt it would be accurate unless you believe that GR did "fill" the tank.

Very, very good point!

Her van was found ~8 miles from her home. Her road, Sheff Road, is a secondary paved road, can easily travel 50mph on it. State Route 23 goes all the way to where her van was found, as well as the her cell phone..... but what is wierd is that her van's found location is in between her home and cell phone.. meaning her cell phone was found ~5 miles further west than her van. SR23 is 55mph to the city of Norwich limits, then 30mph all the way to where he car was parked. Then, right where he van was found, it goes back to 55mph from 30mph... and 55mph all the way to where her cell phone is.

Hope that helps.

Ok- I asked Mr. Math; (i.e. Mr Mr6) the van would use about .4 of a gallon of gas to get to where it was found; .65 of a gallon to the phone. From the phone to the Mall it would use about 2.8 gallons.

Not that it either matters or is particularly relevant to the case, but GR has only recently begun running. He was not athletic prior to this recent interest in marathons, but you won't see any "older" pics of him on her FB page, as I'm sure he won't allow that, IMO.

"She hasn't been 190 in years" ~ That quote keeps ringing in the empty space between my ears, as do these: "That's the way I''ll always remember her," and "She changed, unfortunately," and "the kids miss their old mom~not the one that was here the last six or nine months..."

ETA: The oxygen sensor in this van- every model- is extremely sensitive- if it got clogged with mud, or got wet, the van may bog ( like it's going to stall ) and have problems with acceleration. There may have been a delay in the ability to drive this van until the undercarriage dried out.

~respectfully snipped for space

So I wonder if it's possible that the oxygen sensor got clogged (I'm not a car person, so just going off your information momrids!) and whoever was driving the van sputtered along until it could go no further, forcing them to pull over and leave it at the apartment complex?

Her van was found ~8 miles from her home. Her road, Sheff Road, is a secondary paved road, can easily travel 50mph on it. State Route 23 goes all the way to where her van was found, as well as the her cell phone..... but what is wierd is that her van's found location is in between her home and cell phone.. meaning her cell phone was found ~5 miles further west than her van. SR23 is 55mph to the city of Norwich limits, then 30mph all the way to where he car was parked. Then, right where he van was found, it goes back to 55mph from 30mph... and 55mph all the way to where her cell phone is.

Hope that helps.

I have had mini-vans for years (Ford). I drive city and hwy. My mpg averages 20 - FWIW.

jmo

BBM

ORR ~ So 1) phone drop (on the alleged path to the mall in Syracuse), 2) van drop (after turning around on Rte 23), 3) YMCA on Broad St, 4) back home (on foot).

Plausible?

Definately plausible... or just as plausible...

So 1) Van drop 2) Jog (his times are not running times) to phone drop (on the alleged path to the mall in Syracuse), 3) continue jog to YMCA on Broad St, 4) jog back home.

but #1 should change too - #1 ) dispose of body (in workout clothes won't bring suspicion hiking back to van).... then the other scenarios that could follow.

Not that it either matters or is particularly relevant to the case, but GR has only recently begun running. He was not athletic prior to this recent interest in marathons, but you won't see any "older" pics of him on her FB page, as I'm sure he won't allow that, IMO.

Then how do you explain the 2008 run for epilepsy w/ ES? Gotta go back to that link and read it again....

One of my original thoughts (in thread #1) was that GR stating he filled the gas tank was that if he didn't fill it completely, this would change the search radius if LE were working out the distance travelled via the amount of gas. I believe you could attempt to work it out, but I very much doubt it would be accurate unless you believe that GR did "fill" the tank.

Oh, I know- but knowing how far/ how much should have been used for each point- it may matter depending on what information was or was not given to LE concerning van usage, etc. She may or may not have used the van earlier in the week, etc., He said he filled it. Full is 20 gallons. (receipts, etc may come into play also)

So 1) Van drop 2) Jog (his times are not running times) to phone drop (on the alleged path to the mall in Syracuse), 3) continue jog to YMCA on Broad St, 4) jog back home.

but #1 should change too - #1 ) dispose of body (in workout clothes won't bring suspicion hiking back to van).... then the other scenarios that could follow.

Doesn't that make the drop back to the place the phone was found counter productive? I'm thinking, based on the map: 1. Disposes. 2. Throws phone out the window. 3. Drop van. 4. YMCA. 5. Home.

~respectfully snipped for space

So I wonder if it's possible that the oxygen sensor got clogged (I'm not a car person, so just going off your information momrids!) and whoever was driving the van sputtered along until it could go no further, forcing them to pull over and leave it at the apartment complex?

The first time this happens- (and actually, subsequent times) it is scary- and you worry about it dying every 10 seconds. It has caused me to pull over and/or off more than once. Sometimes it sets the warning lights off- but not always.

At #2, he would have to turn around around Route 23/Moon Hill Rd. where phone was found, to run in opposite direction back toward Norwich.

Makes sense as 1) it's so rural where the phone was found that stopping during a run and turning around in the opposite direction could go completely unnoticed, and 2) he would have an opportunity to see what the van's placement looks like as a "bystander."

Regarding the apartments, it does seem odd that the car could sit there in that complex's lot for 5 days unnoticed. It's not that big. Not sure how many units are in those buildings. Just odd. And as you mentioned, it's a police stakeout area to catch speeders and a bus turn-around point. This piece doesn't fit. Seems like if the van was running fine, why not park it somewhere where you're sure no one say you?

It's possible they ran it more than once together. But I'm concerned about that 2008 date. Are the same pics used in both places? Can't see from my phone.

Doesn't that make the drop back to the place the phone was found counter productive? I'm thinking, based on the map: 1. Disposes. 2. Throws phone out the window. 3. Drop van. 4. YMCA. 5. Home.

But to lead to his alibi - he's just out on a long distance run!!! Either way is plausible.. and on his run, it could of been a loop.. I wonder what his GPS watch shows! Hope that's part of the evidence!!! Did he drive or run out to where the iPhone was found?????

< Respectfully snipped>

Regarding the apartments, it does seem odd that the car could sit there in that complex's lot for 5 days unnoticed. It's not that big. Not sure how many units are in those buildings. Just odd. And as you mentioned, it's a police stakeout area to catch speeders and a bus turn-around point. This piece doesn't fit. Seems like if the van was running fine, why not park it somewhere where you're sure no one say you?

1. van was not running fine. or 2. van was stuck in mud 3. both- and had to deal with it 4. van was not moved until ? and ran like crap 5. easy spot to drop and run from 6. some combo of 1-5 ?

I have some comments to add to the current discussion.......but are we even allowed to speak about theories involving GR as a suspect? I thought we weren't since he's not a suspect..... Sorry just trying to stay in the rules. :waitasec:

Your comment of "Hell, as controlling as he was" is way off. Controlling men do not live next door to inlaws. And you are basing "controlling" from rumors. It is not factual information.
RSBBM
That's not fact, so I don't think it should be stated and argued as such. I personally have seen a controlling husband allow his in-laws to live IN his home, not next door, but in the same house.
But for the sake of debate I'll ask, what exactly a controlling man can do to keep from living next door to their in laws? Who bought a home there first? Does anyone have solid proof that it was the in-laws? They like to manipulate situations and to always look like the "good guy". Saying "oh heckkk no we aren't moving next door to your parents" would raise eyebrows, and he would know that. And if GR and JR bought their home first and then the in-laws decided to buy the house next door, what could he have possibly done to stop them?

But to lead to his alibi - he's just out on a long distance run!!! Either way is plausible.. and on his run, it could of been a loop.. I wonder what his GPS watch shows! Hope that's part of the evidence!!! Did he drive or run out to where the iPhone was found?????

you mean if one did not run with their own iphone hooked onto a waistband? If you are "working" from home-
would you use a GPS watch or carry your Iphone or both when you run?
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member