Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone posted something about this case here on Jen's thread recently, but wanted to post again to note the similarities:

Minn. Man Charged With Murdering Missing Wife
article posted Feb 28th
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/minn-man-charged-murdering-missing-wife-18622096

A missing Minnesota woman's husband was charged Thursday with murder, after investigators found blood on the floor, furniture, walls and stairs of the couple's home as well as evidence of an extensive effort to cover it up.

Authorities said they have not found 30-year-old Kira Trevino's body, but they believe she's dead because of the amount of blood found in her car and in the couple's St. Paul home, and because it wasn't like her to disappear without telling anyone.

According to police, Trevino called Sunday to report that he hadn't heard from his wife since Friday morning, when he said she went to run errands. He told officers she was going through a "mid-life crisis" and had been leaving for up to three days at a time and lying about where she was staying.

Family members and friends told police that Kira Trevino had been unhappy and had talked about moving out over the past few months.

Let's hope LE has similiar evidence in Jennifer's case that we just haven't heard about yet!

MN MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 Feb 2013 - *ARREST* Jeffery Trevino chgd w/ murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

"Ramsaran says he's grateful to the countless volunteers who spent hours searching for his wife. He also forgives investigators for the countless hours they spent hours searching his home, looking for clues."

Grateful?? Forgives? Really? Now he is grateful for those searching.... does this guy have dimentia? I'm sure the Sheriff is so glad that he forgives them.

An early tip came from Ramsaran himself, who recalls leading detectives to his wife's cell phone through an app that uses GPS technology to find missing phones.

“I parked and hit play sound, play sound, and walked up over the bridge and embankment and heard it, "Ramsaran explained. "Once I heard it, I immediately called 911.”

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...ce-in-wifes-death/NAO7jKz5I0mj5avBjsngUg.cspx

Yes......and taking his own pictures :waitasec:

"Ramsaran says he's grateful to the countless volunteers who spent hours searching for his wife. He also forgives investigators for the countless hours they spent hours searching his home, looking for clues."

Grateful?? Forgives? Really? Now he is grateful for those searching.... does this guy have dimentia? I'm sure the Sheriff is so glad that he forgives them.

Was going to post the exact same thing myself but see you beat me to it!!!!

Just as a comparison. This is Tom Meagher, husband of Jill Meagher (who was killed by a stranger). The only reason he spoke to the media was to ask people to stop posting things on fb (people were posting about the accused's previous convictions, which of course could help him and his defense team).
Notice again this is not a set up interview (no "live from the house" interview). He is captured walking out of a building (the police station I believe).
He never says "I" or "me" and he asks for privacy for his and his wive's families.
It's very short and that was the only interview he did. This about 12-24 hours after he found his wife was found dead.
His pain is so visible. Compare this to GR's latest interviews only hours after learning of his wive's death.

[video=youtube;TzzywNW9RuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzzywNW9RuY[/video]

I wonder if she ever actually got dressed that day. Maybe she was attacked in the shower or while changing. If this happened at home, by her husband, I think it would be very difficult to dress a body. Leaving her near the side of a road may have come about out of desperation to make it appear a random sex crime.

I would think that made the most sense. I also thought...what if they had an argument when she got up...still in her jammies....they had some fight...maybe at the top of the stairs...she fell down the stairs hit her head or he suffocated her or ? Something with no blood. And since she was in her jammies he got her into her car....and then really in less than 90 minutes could have driven and pushed her out of the car, rolled her down that embankment(he cut off her jammies otherwise they would know she never left home, oh and took off her jewelry because they are worth something, why waste) threw the phone, parked the car(dumped her jammies and any other evidence in the dumpster next to the car), ran to the Y...called for a ride home....he was signed in to his VPN so it looks like he is at home...or he is signed in by his cell phone. (Did LE every get his phone records...or jeesh JR's for that matter)

The "story" he came up with was that she went to the mall (which maybe she did plan on going that day) but pushed the story about meeting someone online...and she took off with them...or something happened. He set it up so that it could look like that scenario.

He was tapping his foot and waiting...tick tock tick tock....to call in the 911 call....5pm...calling her parents in AZ...and maybe others(?) so he could start the ball rolling.

Then he became very quiet....very quiet for many weeks...afterall...why go look...he knows where she is.....

Wasn't there an interview, a while back, (I should look for it, I know I know) where he said something like 'if only I'd gotten dressed and gone with her', in reference to the mall?

Always wondered what he meant by that. Was he in workout clothes? Or perhaps pajamas? I know a fair few parents who do the school run in PJs, though I'd be surprised if GR did, as he seems pretty keen on looking good.

Alternatively, I wonder if this was some sort of freudian slip, w/r/t who was and was not dressed that morning.

I know? Was also wondering what he was wearing when he drove the children in to school? Is it possible, that after getting her children off to school, Jennifer jumped into the shower and may not have been dressed yet when GR returned??? Found with no clothing? Hmmmmmm

I would think that made the most sense. I also thought...what if they had an argument when she got up...still in her jammies....they had some fight...maybe at the top of the stairs...she fell down the stairs hit her head or he suffocated her or ? Something with no blood. And since she was in her jammies he got her into her car....and then really in less than 90 minutes could have driven and pushed her out of the car, rolled her down that embankment(he cut off her jammies otherwise they would know she never left home, oh and took off her jewelry because they are worth something, why waste) threw the phone, parked the car(dumped her jammies and any other evidence in the dumpster next to the car), ran to the Y...called for a ride home....he was signed in to his VPN so it looks like he is at home...or he is signed in by his cell phone. (Did LE every get his phone records...or jeesh JR's for that matter)

The "story" he came up with was that she went to the mall (which maybe she did plan on going that day) but pushed the story about meeting someone online...and she took off with them...or something happened. He set it up so that it could look like that scenario.

He was tapping his foot and waiting...tick tock tick tock....to call in the 911 call....5pm...calling her parents in AZ...and maybe others(?) so he could start the ball rolling.

Then he became very quiet....very quiet for many weeks...afterall...why go look...he knows where she is.....

BBM ......also why he didn't want anyone else looking?

Darn, just got a post eaten with all my random little thoughts...

yes to both the two above though!

I was wondering if the reason she is nude is because what she was wearing was in itself evidence, and as mentioned, it must be a lot harder to dress than undress a body.

Alternatively, perhaps the perp had watched just enough CSI to worry about evidence on clothes.

If she wasn't there the whole time, I worry about where she was. Are there seasonal cabins up there? Somewhere sheltered, yet cold?

Or, I know in some areas (particularly hunting areas) it's quite common to have large chest freezers in garages/outhouses. Sad thought but I wonder about those - perhaps in a building that wasn't used year-round.

Knock on wood for technology, you're able to validate everything that I ever said.

Now he likes technology, maybe it's just our computers he doesn't like.
per that article he is saying the phone was ringing?????? Over 24 hours later it still had a charge? My smart phone would have drained by then

I will add that his followers are some of the most aggressive people I've ever seen, and most of them are females.

Not to make too fine a point but: The reason GR is so sure "there is nothing in the house" is because he believes he took care of that. Also, the reason GR is able to garner so much - sympathy- attention- is because grieving members of Jennifer Renz's family are doing just that, grieving in private and caring for each other.
Whether or not ( and I am being generous) GR had anything to do with his wife's death, he needs to seriously look at what is best for his children, take care of them or allow his in-laws to. They need family other than GR who is so obviously broken ( up) to the point he is no support to them.

per that article he is saying the phone was ringing?????? Over 24 hours later it still had a charge? My smart phone would have drained by then

There's a function on 'find my iphone' where you can make your phone make a noise to help you locate it - not so much a ringing as a beeping. I too have doubts about charge, particularly with a) the fact that Jen apparently used it a lot b) the time until it was found and c) the fact that it was outdoors in the damp.

On the other hand, if it was fully charged when it hit the ground and was in a waterproof protective case then I guess maybe. However if it was constantly trying to connect to networks (which, by reports of patchy cell reception, seems likely) that drains battery super quick.

OTOH, LD said at one point that the phone was not pinging, and that it finally did, and mentioned the idea that it was off and then thrown to hit a rock which turned it on. I find that confusing, as by this new statement, it was on the entire time, and he was tracking it while speaking to police.

There is also some misuse of the word 'ping' here, in that they are saying it was 'pinging' as though that is an alert they were receiving from it. I always believed 'pinging' to refer to an action the phone takes in contacting cell towers/satellites.

It seems that what GR is saying is that he was tracking her phone and could see where it was, but that LE refused to let him go get it, or go get it themselves, until later. LE apparently searched for it for 3 hours (I'm sorry mods, I know I read this and I can't remember if it was msm or not so consider this RUMOUR and if it needs to go then I apologise)
without finding it, but then GR managed to, using this application.

Back when this was first reported, I also wondered if this was even possible and wrote to Apple Support with the following question:

"If a fully charged IPhone were to be left outside, for example, beside a road overnight with temps dropping to mid 20's (daytime highs of mid 40's) :

1) would there be any battery life left and

2) could phone be located 24 hours later via any Find iPhone app? (can phone be located if no battery life?)"

Their response:

"Under ideal circumstances, it's possible the phone could still have small amount of charge if fully charged at time it was left/dropped outside, but would depend on condition of battery and apps loaded onto phone by user.

You can only locate your device when it is logged into iCloud and 'Find My Phone' is enabled, additionally the device will need to be switched on (and charged) and connected to a wifi or cellular network.

Unfortunately, you cannot activate iCloud or 'Find My Phone' remotely.

Moisture/condensation may affect the phone response/battery life if it's left outside."

My take was that because we didn't know how much charge Jen's phone had at the time she "left the house", or what apps she had on the phone that would drain the battery more quickly, or the condition of her phone battery, there was no way to tell absolutely. I did base the question on the weather conditions the night she disappeared.

I guess I should have also asked how easy it would be for a rock to turn on the phone..........

Back when this was first reported, I also wondered if this was even possible and wrote to Apple Support with the following question:

"If a fully charged IPhone were to be left outside, for example, beside a road overnight with temps dropping to mid 20's (daytime highs of mid 40's) :

1) would there be any battery life left and

2) could phone be located 24 hours later via any Find iPhone app? (can phone be located if no battery life?)"

Their response:

"Under ideal circumstances, it's possible the phone could still have small amount of charge if fully charged at time it was left/dropped outside, but would depend on condition of battery and apps loaded onto phone by user.

You can only locate your device when it is logged into iCloud and 'Find My Phone' is enabled, additionally the device will need to be switched on (and charged) and connected to a wifi or cellular network.

Unfortunately, you cannot activate iCloud or 'Find My Phone' remotely.

Moisture/condensation may affect the phone response/battery life if it's left outside."

My take was that because we didn't know how much charge Jen's phone had at the time she "left the house", or what apps she had on the phone that would drain the battery more quickly, or the condition of her phone battery, there was no way to tell absolutely. I did base the question on the weather conditions the night she disappeared.

I guess I should have also asked how easy it would be for a rock to turn on the phone..........

I think the version of the iPhone is also important - older versions do not have great battery life, and the older they get the worse the battery is. However if it was a 5 there may be a chance it still had battery. The more aps she had the more battery is used in general I imagine.

The sheriff runs the county and county police and sometimes has jurisdiction over the smaller towns who do not have a separate force. State police are separate and are called in for assistance as needed, usually and may also cover certain areas that are "unincorporated" meaning in the middle of nowhere, lol, or parts of the highways etc.

At least, this is sort of how I understand it. Where I live, I am in a city, but close to the edge of the county, so city police cover my area, but if I drive a few miles, where city limits end, county police take over. State police operate out of the capitol city and usually have best crime labs, etc.

Thank you for answering Sleep's question...

I really didn't know the answer, so your explanation helped me, too!

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member