Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about being able to put this out here but, there was a murder one county over from JRs county and that happened late last week and they sent the 2 people for COD and the news said they will report on results this afternoon. They used same place as chenango county for COD. Now i do really wonder why JRs COD is taking so long!

More info on other murder? Like -- if the body was found quickly, and there was a bullet hole in the middle of the forehead or something obvious, it wouldn't take long to determine COD -- it would just be a matter of confirming that the bullet hole (or whatever) was COD.

In Jennifer's case, she had been outside for 2 1/2 months, so, even with very cold weather and a snow covering, there would be some decomp.

Medical examiner said no obvious wounds (or something to that effect), so may be a death like strangling or suffocating, or some toxin or drowning.

They may also be carefully going over any DNA left on the body.

I'm not sure about being able to put this out here but, there was a murder one county over from JRs county and that happened late last week and they sent the 2 people for COD and the news said they will report on results this afternoon. They used same place as chenango county for COD. Now i do really wonder why JRs COD is taking so long!

Does the article give any idea how long that person's body had been out there, nanasbabes?

More info on other murder? Like -- if the body was found quickly, and there was a bullet hole in the middle of the forehead or something obvious, it wouldn't take long to determine COD -- it would just be a matter of confirming that the bullet hole (or whatever) was COD.

In Jennifer's case, she had been outside for 2 1/2 months, so, even with very cold weather and a snow covering, there would be some decomp.

Medical examiner said no obvious wounds (or something to that effect), so may be a death like strangling or suffocating, or some toxin or drowning.

They may also be carefully going over any DNA left on the body.

I don't believe it was the ME that said that

due to the wording.. I think it is highly possible that they could have a COD and it just isn't being released yet :twocents:

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...waiting-for-autopsy-results-in-Ramsaran-case/

the ME is the one who determines COD and MOD. The article does not say that the ME is awaiting the tox report to come to a conclusion.. just that the investigators are awaiting the report.:twocents:

Thank you. That went straight over my head, but it DOES say that, doesn't it.

Does the article give any idea how long that person's body had been out there, nanasbabes?

They were found friday and thought to be there 24 hours. I know see they said they thought it was blunt force head trauma for the male and choking for the female. It just cought me off guard when i watched it on tv today, that they will have results already but the man did show trauma.

There's one thing that I haven't been able to shake in all of this.

The day after her disappearance, GR found her phone.

That begs a few questions...

Was he alone when it was found?

What time of the day did he find it?

If it was found during the middle of the day, where were the kids?

If the kids were sent to school on the day after their mother disappeared, wouldn't that be a bit odd?

If we assume the last to be a possibility... then could he have sent them off to school on the day following their mother's disappearance, in order to have free time on his hands to tie loose ends?

Everybody acts differently, but I know that if my wife just disappeared, I would want to be close to my children, to comfort them, and for me to draw strength from them. Also as a reactionary measure so that one of them doesn't disappear either (if that makes sense).

I find in most cases of a family crisis (death in the family, disappearance, etc.), that most parents would keep their kids home from school in the aftermath of such. Also, keep their children as close to them as possible.

The fact that has been presented in the media and through Sheriff's statements and confirmations to the press, to the effect that he was ALONE when he "found" her cell phone... (if anybody were with him they would surely corroborate whether it was there or not).

That just seems so odd.

Everybody acts differently, but I know that if my wife just disappeared, I would want to be close to my children, to comfort them, and for me to draw strength from them. Also as a reactionary measure so that one of them doesn't disappear either (if that makes sense).

RSBM

I can't say, about the phone timing / kids at school stuff - there was a story but I don't know if it's allowed to be posted here as I can't remember where it came from.

However, I do agree with you that if my spouse were to go missing, even (and perhaps especially) if they ran off, I wouldn't let our (theoretical) kids out of my sight for a second, until I knew they weren't in any danger. If I was of the opinion that my spouse had run away, I would definitely be worried that they would try to come and grab the kids, so I would probably be extra vigilant - even when it came to playdates and whatnot.

That sounds like a preliminary observation or results of the autopsy made by the medical examiner.

That article is from the day after Jennifer was positively identified.

Here is something I found from PBS Frontline:

Snipped:

"Autopsies usually take two to four hours to perform. Preliminary results can be released within 24 hours, but the full results of an autopsy may take up to six weeks to prepare."

That sounds like a preliminary observation or results of the autopsy made by the medical examiner.

That article is from the day after Jennifer was positively identified.

Here is something I found from PBS Frontline:

Snipped:

"Autopsies usually take two to four hours to perform. Preliminary results can be released within 24 hours, but the full results of an autopsy may take up to six weeks to prepare."

Just noting the source.

RSBM

I can't say, about the phone timing / kids at school stuff - there was a story but I don't know if it's allowed to be posted here as I can't remember where it came from.

However, I do agree with you that if my spouse were to go missing, even (and perhaps especially) if they ran off, I wouldn't let our (theoretical) kids out of my sight for a second, until I knew they weren't in any danger. If I was of the opinion that my spouse had run away, I would definitely be worried that they would try to come and grab the kids, so I would probably be extra vigilant - even when it came to playdates and whatnot.
Fingles - while I tend to agree with you - maybe GR didnt want to panic the kids anymore then they probably were and felt keeping them on a "normal" routine was better at that time....just a thought

Fingles - while I tend to agree with you - maybe GR didnt want to panic the kids anymore then they probably were and felt keeping them on a "normal" routine was better at that time....just a thought

Yes, I see what you're saying, and I believe that idea of routine was mentioned previously here.

Personally that would be exactly what scared me, in that if someone had taken my wife they might know the routine. Or, that if my wife was going to come and get them, she would know when and where they would be.

But I don't have kids, so I'm definitely no authority, and everyone is different, so I'm not saying it's terrible or anything.

That to me means on initial ,observable look the ME said "No, Visible signs" could just mean nothing at first glance. Perhaps, on autopsy there were signs of trauma. Like under hair or actually on the back of the person. Once a further examination... well you know. Anyway, I take that initial comment to mean nothing obvious at that time.

I have to really give it to GR, he stayed very calm and kept the kids on a normal routine. He even knew it was important to report her missing very early. He was very concerned and even called her parents. He knew exactly what to do.

He also knew that he could locate her phone and went out and found it himself. He really went above and beyond, IMO.

I would not even know what to do in a situation like this. I would be calling the phone non stop, I would probably be out driving out to the mall way before I made the call to the police. I would have wasted time on the highway and calling friends, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach