Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspect-hofstra-grad-murder-cut-ankle-bracelet-article-1.2954516

I can't stand seeing pictures of James but found this article while at a red light. Didn't get to read in detail.

*snip*

Rackover's case was adjourned to Feb. 21 for prosecutors to respond to his lawyer's motions.

"The “surrogate son” of a famed jeweler suspected of murdering a Hofstra grad once fired a gun into an apartment and cut off his ankle bracelet to flee while on probation, it was revealed in court Tuesday."

"[Bail] stands set at $1 million bond or $500,000 cash — an amount he's unable to post."

Snip

Sercarz said the home invasion occurred when Rackover was 17 in 2009 and insisted that the unrelated gun incident was an "accidental discharge" that occurred while he was moving the weapon from a boat he worked on.

"There has been quite some change in his life since then," Sercarz argued.

But prosecutor Peter Casolaro said Rackover is "still a very heavy cocaine user and is still deeply involved in drugs."

"The change in his life doesn't seem very radical to me, your honor," the assistant district attorney said.

New details emerge in Midtown murder case of Joseph Comunale
"He was involved in very serious crimes. Whether that includes the murder is yet to be determined," Casolaro added.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspect-hofstra-grad-murder-cut-ankle-bracelet-article-1.2954516

It seems the only thing that went down in court was dredging up James past mistakes.

Maurice Sercarz should demand proof of the Jersey City address on Dilione and Gemma , a copy of the lease and duration at residence.

Gemma's blood on clothes is=to blood on hands.. To what extent is unknown, but trust that he is involved and the case is based on way more than "unfettered conjecture"

The non-search of non-proven Jersey City residence is some of the lamest BS I've heard in a criminal case. Ever! imho

So again, we've gleaned almost nothing from another court date.

RBBM ^^

And some ongoing current ones that likely had much to do with what occurred that Sunday:

<snip> But prosecutor Peter Casolaro said Rackover is "still a very heavy cocaine user and is still deeply involved in drugs."

"The change in his life doesn't seem very radical to me, your honor," the assistant district attorney said.

"More importantly to me, he cut off his court-ordered electronic ankle monitor and disappeared for a month before they could find him," the judge said.

WoW! This article opens with fighting dirty and guns ablazin' for James!

Some of these claims
may be taken out of context and probably would have been overruled had they been blurted out in court. Smdh

IIRC, Wasn't everyone in on the Cocaine and booze fueled party?

Can someone do a background check on Gemma and Dilione to see if they are as squeaky clean as they are portrayed. For instance, any DUIs or drug charges?

I don't think you innocently get involved in a murder, moving and burying a body unless a sordid, possibly drug or drink filled past has led you down that path. Imho

WoW! This article opens with fighting dirty and guns ablazin' for James!

Some of these claims
may be taken out of context and probably would have been overruled had they been blurted out in court. Smdh

IIRC, Wasn't everyone in on the Cocaine and booze fueled party?

Can someone do a background check on Gemma and Dilione to see if they are as squeaky clean as they are portrayed. For instance, any DUIs or drug charges?

I don't think you innocently get involved in a murder, moving and burying a body unless a sordid, possibly drug or drink filled past has led you down that path. Imho

I think the point is that James is behind bars for good reason. While on probation in Florida, he cut off the monitoring bracelet and couldn't be found. A high bail is set for many reasons, but one reason is flight risk. James is a proven flight risk.

Rackover, who hails from Florida, was on probation in that state in 2009 for a juvenile trespassing charge when he fired a gun in violation of his parole. According to his lawyer, Rackover was working on a fishing boat whose captain kept a firearm aboard. When Rackover tried to remove the gun from the boat in order to comply with his probation, which forbade him from being near firearms, the gun accidentally discharged. According to prosecutors, who cited statements Rackover made to his probation officer at the time, the gun belonged to Rackover's father and Rackover discharged it inside his home, sending a bullet flying into a neighbor&#8217;s apartment. Some time after that, Rackover removed his electronic ankle monitor and went on the lam, disappearing for a month before authorities caught up with him. Rackover, who had a suspended sentence from the trespassing conviction, ended up spending a number of months in prison.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...ale-latest-news-update-james-rackover-florida

I think the point is that James is behind bars for good reason. While on probation in Florida, he cut off the monitoring bracelet and couldn't be found. A high bail is set for many reasons, but one reason is flight risk. James is a proven flight risk.

The judge said (in the link I posted above) that if he had known about Rackover fleeing in Florida, he would not have set bail.

The non-search of non-proven Jersey City residence is some of the lamest BS I've heard in a criminal case. Ever! imho

But LD and MG do share an apartment in Jersey City. The police even said they searched it. Remember 7 days after the fact. It's not uncommon for people our age to sublet apartments or not change our drivers license address especially when you are only leasing for a year.

<snip> Manhattan prosecutors argued in their motion to Judge Charles Solomon that Rackover&#8217;s history of fleeing from authorities makes him a flight risk now. Prosecutors would not make the motion public or say how much bail they are asking for, as all motions in the case have been sealed at the request of the District Attorney&#8217;s office

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...ale-latest-news-update-james-rackover-florida

<snip> Manhattan prosecutors argued in their motion to Judge Charles Solomon that Rackover&#8217;s history of fleeing from authorities makes him a flight risk now. Prosecutors would not make the motion public or say how much bail they are asking for, as all motions in the case have been sealed at the request of the District Attorney&#8217;s office

I was surprised there were no motions filed per webcrims. Makes sense now. They're sealed.

The judge said (in the link I posted above) that if he had known about Rackover fleeing in Florida, he would not have set bail.

And James really has no ties here in NYC other than JRtheElder. There is nothing emotional to keep him close by - no family, no commitments.

He would bolt, imo, and disappear.

Thankfully, he isn't able to post bail.

Pros asked for an increase in James' bail today:

<snip> Assistant DA Peter Casolaro pointed out James Rackover&#8217;s prior misdeeds in a letter to Justice Charles Solomon asking for an increase in bail from $1 million bond over $300,000 cash.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/prosecutors-warn-party-murder-suspect-has-gone-on-the-lam-before/

Snip

For example, Secarz said, NYPD detectives began calling Rackover the day after Comunale disappeared after the party at Rackover&#8217;s East 58th Street apartment on Nov. 13. But despite the potentially serious charges he faced, Rackover didn't run, Sercarz said.

(What a great guy!)

Yeah, really great guy. I think he was counting on not being caught, like what most dumb criminals think.

jmo

You're right. I didn't know about the cutting off the ankle bracelet. When I first opened article, it struck as slanderous beyond belief, but now that I've read a few more posts, I can understand that it probably is for the best that he remain in jail.

Again though, are we being given all the facts on Gemma and Dilione? I just want it to be fair and for them to get who really did it.

The only way to make it fair is to lay ALL the facts on the table. If they dredge up James past, do the same for ALL.

I also noticed no mention by name of the Jeweler's famous clients. Perhaps he was smartly told to put a sock in it. Imoo

Everything you need to know about this killing is neatly summed up by Prosecutor Peter Casolaro in one sentence:
[Rackover] "is still a very heavy cocaine user and IS STILL DEEPLY INVOLVED IN DRUGS."

You're right. I didn't know about the cutting off the ankle bracelet. When I first opened article, it struck as slanderous beyond belief, but now that I've read a few more posts, I can understand that it probably is for the best that he remain in jail.

Again though, are we being given all the facts on Gemma and Dilione? I just want it to be fair and for them to get who really did it.

The only way to make it fair is to lay ALL the facts on the table. If they dredge up James past, do the same for ALL.

I also noticed no mention by name of the Jeweler's famous clients. Perhaps he was smartly told to put a sock in it. Imoo

IIRC correctly, aren't MG and LD college grads? If so, that gives information about how they spent at least some of their young adult years.

IIRC correctly, aren't MG and LD college grads? If so, that gives information about how they spent at least some of their young adult years.
Yes. Max Gemma went to college in Arizona. I forget where Larry Dillione went to college but know it wasn't with Gemma.

As far as employment, all of Gemma's positions have been entry level-ish office jobs. He had just started with a new company in November.

Yes. Max Gemma went to college in Arizona. I forget where Larry Dillione went to college but know it wasn't with Gemma.

As far as employment, all of Gemma's positions have been entry level-ish office jobs. He had just started with a new company in November.

In other words, it very well could be that we don't know about the others' pasts because there really isn't much to their pasts to "dredge up."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper