NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another beautiful, dark haired, young woman (27 years old) named Vanessa Marcotte has been murdered while jogging !!!

It happened in broad daylight Sunday ! only 5 days after Karina's murder.

Vanessa Marcotte live in New York city, but was at her mothers place in Princeton Massachusetts (ca 190 miles / 3 1/2 hour drive from Karina Vetrano crime scene) when she was murdered.

Is it the same killer ? I believe it is possible.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/google-employee-27-found-dead-mothers-home-massachusetts/story?id=41208841

A 27-year-old woman who worked for Google appears to have been killed in broad daylight Sunday near her mother's home in Princeton, Massachusetts, officials said.

Vanessa Marcotte, who lived in New York City, went out for a jog Sunday in the town of Princeton, about 60 miles west of Boston, and never returned, said Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early Jr.

Her body was found Sunday night in a wooded area about a half mile from her mother's home, Early said.

Another news report:

http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/vanes...e-suspect-killer-dead-death-mother-instagram/

“We have a horrible set of facts, a horrible set of circumstance here right now, and we’re going to do everything we can to make sure this investigation is carried out, every groundball is run out, every i is dotted, with regards to this,” Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said at a press conference.

He would not comment when asked by a reporter about whether an arson investigation unit was at the scene. He also said he could not get into any circumstances of an “abduction or assault,” when another reporter asked if Marcotte had been “raped and burned.”

This is her Instagram :

https://www.instagram.com/v_marcotte/

A strong physical resemblance to KV. Eerie.

I don't know about a strong resemblance....they both look italian maybe but not all that much alike. I guess if a killer had a type "brunettes" it would work

Could have been another runner. Just a thought.

Interesting post. jmo Another runner might well have not felt threatening to K. especially if they saw each other on that path before. Another runner might well also be physically fit and agile. Wonder if K. ever ran 5ks or marathons ? did she do runner meetups, or belong to a gym ?

This case has been on my mind and the discussion here helps. Waiting for LE to catch who did this to Karina knowing her family must feel such anguish.

I'm not a local so I don't know what's it like there. I've heard about there being homeless that hang out in the weeds from the beginning of this case. Just want to say, judging from the homeless where I live, I don't particularly connect homeless people with always committing violent crimes as so many of the homeless are just scrabbling to survive. MOO, just don't see them as a group more likely to need brutal rape sex.

I guess it's possible the suspect was on some kind of drug that made it easier to go into a frenzy to beat and drag his victim, but drugs aren't always the case either in these violent sexual attacks. One person, IMO, she wouldn't have been able to put up such a fight if there was more than one person.

Sorry, somewhat GRAPHIC here-- According to the reports of her back thighs and buttocks had heavy bruising. I believe the perp had a hard time to subdue her until they got her face down and pinned her legs with their knees, and probably strangled her from the back.

I read that and had the same thoughts. but 190 miles shouldn't take 3.5 hours? it should take 2.5 maybe?

OK you might be right, but google maps says it would take 3 hours and 30 minutes, I guess it depends on traffic and speed.

I don't know about a strong resemblance....they both look italian maybe but not all that much alike. I guess if a killer had a type "brunettes" it would work
Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte have a LOT in common IMO:

Both KV and VM have:

Long brown hair
Brown eyes
atletic bodies
seem to be petite (anyone knows their weight and hight?)
Italian names

Both KV and VM are:
Out jogging when murdered
Murdered within same week, Tuesday and Sunday
Murdered in broad daylight, in the afternoon
Murder scene ca 1/2 a mile from their parents homes
Left residential areas to jogg and bodies found in nature area
Both raped (link added concerning VM)
Live in ca. same area Queens and NY City
Are ca. same age 30 and 27
Stunning beauties.
Sucessfull young woman
atletic girls

If not the same killer (I believe it is the same killer) maybe two different psychopatic killers had a "killer-game" going on ? (I know that is far out, but sometimes reality is stranger than fiction )

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...c-google-employee-dead-mass-article-1.2742909

Google employee from New York City killed while jogging in Massachusetts; attacker sexually assaulted, burned victim

I believe the killer, IF it is the same killer, burned VM's body because he read that NYPD have stated that they probably have found DNA on KV's body, so he burned VM's body to destroy DNA evidence

Interesting post. jmo Another runner might well have not felt threatening to K. especially if they saw each other on that path before. Another runner might well also be physically fit and agile. Wonder if K. ever ran 5ks or marathons ? did she do runner meetups, or belong to a gym ?

How do you visualize this perp? He dragged her, but not sure if he tried to carry her which would make a difference perhaps in his size. I tend to imagine him physically fit, maybe with some bulk but slower movements and not as agile as Karina, maybe 35 or younger. I thought about a gym member too.

What is going to break this case? DNA? A tip finally from someone close to perp that noticed a bite mark? A witness that comes forward? I really want this killer caught right away and feel sure Karina's family is going to make sure this case doesn't go cold.

It is so hard for me to grasp what was done to her.
The brutal rapex2. The beating.

IMO This was done by a sick and crazed lunatic.

How do you visualize this perp? He dragged her, but not sure if he tried to carry her which would make a difference perhaps in his size. I tend to imagine him physically fit, maybe with some bulk but slower movements and not as agile as Karina, maybe 35 or younger. I thought about a gym member too.

What is going to break this case? DNA? A tip finally from someone close to perp that noticed a bite mark? A witness that comes forward? I really want this killer caught right away and feel sure Karina's family is going to make sure this case doesn't go cold.

I think the perp will eventually be caught because of the DNA from the rape. If a match cannot be made now, I'm rather confident one will be made in the future. Someone who commits a heinous crime like this is likely (I would assume) to commit a crime again. So, if there is no match in the database now, there will be one eventually.

Other than DNA, I wonder if they have any other evidence? I was so hoping someone would call in a tip over the weekend about a man with a bite mark, scratches, etc. that would give LE a lead!

jmo

DK... I'm hoping that NYPD and the FBI will have some news. When is the presser ?

I think the perp will eventually be caught because of the DNA from the rape. If a match cannot be made now, I'm rather confident one will be made in the future. Someone who commits a heinous crime like this is likely (I would assume) to commit a crime again. So, if there is no match in the database now, there will be one eventually.

Other than DNA, I wonder if they have any other evidence? I was so hoping someone would call in a tip over the weekend about a man with a bite mark, scratches, etc. that would give LE a lead!

jmo

I agree. So many ways his DNA will show up, thanks to what sounds like a very brave Karina's fierce response to his attack. No matter how clever or careful he thinks he is, his saliva, sweat, blood and other body fluids will be all over that crime scene.

To me they look a whole lot alike. The same body type (short, athletic), similar hair, eyes, facial structures.

DK... I'm hoping that NYPD and the FBI will have some news. When is the presser ?

There is a community meeting tonight. I'm hoping there will be some info, but perhaps it will be more focused on safety. IDK. I'm sure it will be covered by news affiliates.

So many confidences. Both victims look so similar in appearance.
confidences? Coincidences is what I think you're saying.

The sad thing is young women on their own outside in a remote area (even near the house of a family member) can be at risk as we've seen too many times. It's like there's a war on young females -- we see this overAndoverAndover across the country and around the world.

I have no idea if these crimes are linked; the DA in the Marcotte case says there's nothing to indicate they are connected at this time. I think young women of a certain age do tend to look similar. Young women tend to wear their hair below their shoulders and in a ponytail when running, runners and athletes tend to have lean/fit bodies, hair color is not the same -- one had very dark/almost black hair the other medium/light brown.

The thing they had in common is they were female, alone, running, vulnerable, in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one could have known ahead of time exactly where they would be or that they would be alone at that time.

So, so many young women are at risk and don't even realize it because everyone thinks it won't happen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot