NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could very well be....but I'm thinking somebody's girlfriend knows something. Not that the girlfriend is involved, but I think some woman has seen marks on her man - or her man has been avoiding showing parts of himself. She may or may not connect the marks to the crime, but I think someone has seen some injuries that are laughed off as a bike accident, street fight, etc.

Total hunch and speculation.

jmo

I think that is all very likely. That person might even suspect something but doesn't want to call police on the bf or family member.

Questions -

We know Karina was texting when attacked; but was she texting while running, or had she stopped?
Did her last text message indicate she was having any kind of problem - tripped, ankle sprain, etc.?
How long had she been running alone without her father, weeks? months?

ETA: Yes, she is a force!

Here's the link to the full video via @JayDow - MSM reporter at The Day's News / PIX11:
ETA:
Jay Dow | New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV
http://pix11.com/author/jay-dow/

Cathy Vetrano GOES OFF On Her Daughter's Killer
(WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE)

https://youtu.be/8jwUhm5AQcM

ETA2: (I've seen edited portions of her statement on multiple broadcasts. The media has been willing to bleep out a few words here and there, in order for Mrs. Vetrano to get her point across - moo:
This segment also includes a few words from Mr. Vetrano, and Karina's two BFF's )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard a mother of a murdered child speak this bluntly, with no censors, in front of a camera and she has my utmost respect. The individual that did this is everything she said and more. My fantasy is that when these types of predators are caught, they're taken immediately to a room full of mothers for their initial processing.

Going back to where I mentioned "surveillance from the mall might be helpful looking for any group leaving toward where she was attacked..." and at the time others thought beltway would be too difficult to cross - thanks to Lauranyc83 photos, the Beltway can be crossed; so again, hope that mall surveillance was gathered...

Going back to where I mentioned "surveillance from the mall might be helpful looking for any group leaving toward where she was attacked..." and at the time others thought beltway would be too difficult to cross - thanks to Lauranyc83 photos, the Beltway can be crossed; so again, hope that mall surveillance was gathered...

Good point!

Questions -

We know Karina was texting when attacked; but was she texting while running, or had she stopped?
Did her last text message indicate she was having any kind of problem - tripped, ankle sprain, etc.?
How long had she been running alone without her father, weeks? months?

I would think she would have to be walking or stopped to get a text typed. When I first heard about the text I wondered if she was concerned about her safety and was letting someone know, although if that was the case, I can't imagine that she'd slow down to use her phone (my guess is, she was unaware that she was in danger and never saw it coming). I also wondered if she even got the text sent. Police have not said anything else about her texts or whether or not she was also receiving them, so I wonder if it's a case of she didn't complete the text, or whatever the texts tell police isn't something they want released. For one thing, any sent or received texts would provide a time stamp.

She had earbuds and was listening to music. She was texting. I think we can assume that for a while she was not aware of her surroundings at all. The perp probably sneaked up right behind her and she didn't notice. Not blaming her in any way.

BBM I had a nephew who was diagnosed with cancer and from that day on he didn't want to see family
and I am sure that no pictures were taken. We tried to visit him but he stayed inside his room and didn't want
anyone to see him. Of course his cancer was melanoma which was on his neck cheek..so
the surgery made him feel conscious I would say. He died at a young age of 40.

I understand no recent photos, but the media didn't show photos of the mom and daughter prior, only the dad. Maybe that's all the media could find on her public social media. More of a question why the media only focused on her dad not mom. Since, then the mom has spoken out.

She had earbuds and was listening to music. She was texting. I think we can assume that for a while she was not aware of her surroundings at all. The perp probably sneaked up right behind her and she didn't notice. Not blaming her in any way.

Dear runners - if you need to listen to music when running, please leave one earbud out so you can still be aware of what's happening around you.

Save the two-earbud listening for the gym.

<BBM for Focus>

Hello folks...Sadly another tragic random sexual predator murder incident.. Including the abduction/murder of bicyclist Sierah Joughin<OH> on 07/19/2016, this makes three innocent victims lives taken, just in the past three weeks. Statistics say that these random stranger abduction/murder incidents are rare. These rare events seem to be commonplace as of late. Tragic...

The father was initially allowed to assist by showing investigators Karina Vetrano's normal jogging route. I'm guessing that normal search protocol was relaxed due to the father being retired NYFD, nor did they expect to find the remains of another innocent victim of this silent epidemic..

I am a little skeptical that these two sexual assaults/murders are related due to the geographical distance and variations in signatures. Granted, we don't have information privy to investigators, and it would behoove the NYPD and the Massachusetts State Police to link them to increase awareness and media coverage, as well as to qualify for additional FBI resources. imo.

I'd like to the see the statistics of public rape of female joggers, it might be much higher than we think. These cases are getting media attention because they were killed but I wonder how many other victims are out there? I've known friends to have suffered horrific date rapes at nightclubs and almost die and it never even made the news. There's probably a lot more activity happening in Howard Park than we know.

Back in 2013 there were 2 bodies found burned in the same area Karina was found. The fire department were responding to a brush fire and discovered the two bodies burned. I know they caught one suspect (a drug dealer from Brooklyn) but they were also looking for 4 more at the time. I am not sure if they ever caught them. I remember this case from back then, so decided to search and see if anything else was new on it. Not sure if anyone else can find out info. This may or not make a difference if the suspects were ever caught.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/police-id-burned-bodies-found-in-howard-beach-1.4767076
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/03/man-charged-with-killing-two-burning-bodies.html

Dear runners - if you need to listen to music when running, please leave one earbud out so you can still be aware of what's happening around you.

Save the two-earbud listening for the gym.

I see young teen/adult girls jogging in the bad side of town with both earbuds and completely unaware of their surroundings out as late as 2am. It worries me!!!

Back in 2013 there were 2 bodies found burned in the same area Karina was found. The fire department were responding to a brush fire and discovered the two bodies burned. I know they caught one suspect (a drug dealer from Brooklyn) but they were also looking for 4 more at the time. I am not sure if they ever caught them. I remember this case from back then, so decided to search and see if anything else was new on it. Not sure if anyone else can find out info. This may or not make a difference if the suspects were ever caught.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/police-id-burned-bodies-found-in-howard-beach-1.4767076
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/03/man-charged-with-killing-two-burning-bodies.html

Interesting possible connection to the MA murder. It maybe someone who has gotten away with rapes in the past and Karina fought back and he killed her. Maybe the perp lives in MA or NYC? or has parents at either area. So both places are his stomping grounds?

Just read that a LE "source" told a reporter that Vanessa Marcotte was strangled. Also read ( on V's thread here) that there are local *rumors* that V's murder was especially brutal.

It's strange, IF these murders are connected, that a predator rapist would do two murders/rapes so close together. Usual pattern is that there is a longer interval between rapes. The urge to rape/control builds, and they repeat the pattern. I think, IF the murders are connected, that they were targeted for nefarious reasons that are not known, or that this murderer's arc is ramped up by something like a testosterone based steroid. Could be a gym going bodybuilder. Narcissistic. Somehow he crossed paths with both of them in NYC. maybe he was,or felt, spurned by them. If so, he must have gone ballistic when Karina bit him ( assuming that's what happened). She dared to hurt his "perfect" body...jmo

I live in Brooklyn, But have Friends in the area, it's a very safe neighborhood and people have been running there for years without violence. I guess when you are very familiar with an area you grew up in you let your guard down. So sad.

I read this case here, it was very early am and they thought she was washed into the water during a storm. was she assaulted?

I don't know if this could be connected but its the same MO. this was a female jogger 21 yrs old with dark long hair and dark eyes also went missing and found dead in the daylight. except she was thrown in the lake where she was jogging near in Illinois in Feb 2016. Jessica Suarez http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2016/04/earthly-body-located-jessica-suarez-21.html

has LE actually said that the murders of Karina and Vanessa are NOT related ? tia

has LE actually said that the murders of Karina and Vanessa are NOT related ? tia

No. They haven't connected them, but haven't not connected them either.

I think comparing the DNA (did they get some from Vanessa?) will answer the question....just not there yet.

jmo

The link to the article is right in my post. The text is blue and underlined and will take you right to the article source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader