DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF, IF,

this person is of the same faith,

I don't think it was a panic killing, I think it was a planned killing....:cry:

How it was done is horrific in any culture,

however in their Culture and faith it is even more horrific and symbolic.

Almost sacrificial...MOO

ETA: IF so, the remains in the Refrigerate would be the internal...

IF, IF,

this person is of the same faith,

I don't think it was a panic killing, I think it was a planned killing....:cry:

How it was done is horrific in any culture,

however in their Culture and faith it is even more horrific and symbolic.

Almost sacrificial...MOO

ETA: IF so, the remains in the Refrigerate would be the internal...

Graphic - WARNING:

Are the feet symbolic in any way? The articles I have read said that his feet were in the freezer, another body part(s) were wrapped in plastic and put in a suitcase and then whatever other body part(s) were put in the dumpster. The articles were very specific about the feet, though.

Horrific crime against little Leiby. Wish LE would release the perp's name. Sadly I don't think this is the first crime against little boys by this perp and would be surprised if it were. Very public attention will now be focused on the horrendous sexual abuse of children in the Jewish community in Brooklyn - there is no covering up this one. This is of course assuming that Leiby was sexually assaulted.

Rest in peace Leiby and may you be wrapped in the arms of loved ones who have passed prior. Such a senseless act and may Lady Justice pay a visit to the perp(s) involved.

I have now seen the name of the suspect twice in twitter and facebook but will not mention it.....they say he is a sefardi jew.........can someone please tell me the difference

i don't think so. I not sure if this a last name.

They spell it bucher...but i notice on twitter some word are spell different than our:waitasec: so could be..

I saw Bochur.

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#BPBoy

@joel10950
jowl10950 Lead was from man who spotted them a 711 on Coney & Ditmas on 7/11; PD matched car from 18x45; ID'd car & owner as 35Y/o Bochur. #BPBoy

Horrific crime against little Leiby. Wish LE would release the perp's name. Sadly I don't think this is the first crime against little boys by this perp and would be surprised if it were. Very public attention will now be focused on the horrendous sexual abuse of children in the Jewish community in Brooklyn - there is no covering up this one. This is of course assuming that Leiby was sexually assaulted.

Rest in peace Leiby and may you be wrapped in the arms of loved ones who have passed prior. Such a senseless act and may Lady Justice pay a visit to the perp(s) involved.

Why do you say that?
Is sex abuse and covering it up prevalent in their communities?
I've always thought it was the opposite, but we don't really have that many Jewish communities in the deep south and most of what I know is only what I've read or watched on TV.

Unfortunately this story has a very tragic and very horrific ending. I can't stop crying, this could have been my child, any child, anyone's child. May God have mercy.

Full details are not out yet but they arrested and are interviewing a suspect who is reported as being cooperative. Apparently he is a member of the community and would have been precisely the kind of person this little boy would have trusted, and should have been able to trust. :(

NYPD has a presser scheduled for 11:00 AM (Wednesday).

They almost have to know each other, or know of each other. Being part of the same community in that area, they most likely knew each other. Little Leiby was probably comfortable going with this person, and probably felt safe, being from the same community. They are a true village-minded community, very gregarious and religious.
I cannot believe that this happened to one of their own- BY one of their own.

I am dying to know how LE tracked down this guy as a suspect.... any details on the trail of crumbs they used?

Kudos NYPD.... they're so good at what they do.

I am sooooo very heartbroken by this news. I stayed up in the wee morning hours hoping to hear they had found little Leiby safe. I watched those gripping videos until my eyes were crossed because I wanted some type of reassurance that Leiby didn't get into that gold car.

My heart just goes out to this whole community....especially to the parents. I can't even begin to count the times my children have begged and begged for me to let them do something...and sometimes, against my better judgement, I would let them thinking I was being too over protective of them. All parents do this. But I know it makes this extra hard on these parents today.

I absolutely cannot believe this little innocent child was killed. Lord help us...

BORUCH DAYAN EMMES means Blessed is the one true Judge - and is a traditional Jewish blessing upon hearing that someone has passed. There may be other variatiatons of the blessing with these words but it is not the name of someone.

It is a blog but was looking for the last name and kept running across it as a general term.

http://psychotoddler.blogspot.com/2006/02/definition-of-jewish-terms.html

Bochur, bochurim – literally means “boy” or “son” often refers to single men of high school, college, and marriageable age.

I'm thinking this is not suspects last name but term for single man.??

I also saw somewhere that the PC is @ 11 a.m. don't have a link just read it.

I am dying to know how LE tracked down this guy as a suspect.... any details on the trail of crumbs.

One of the links posted said they saw the guy (in the gold car) go into a dentist's office, so they went into it. The dentist said he wasn't a patient, but paid another patient's bill with his credit card. They tracked him down with his credit card. The transaction took place around 5:30 - around the same time the boy was encountered by him.

Why do you say that?
I've always thought it was the opposite, but we don't really have that many Jewish communities in the deep south and most of what I know is only what I've read or watched on TV.

In my experience, sexual abuse is really prevalent in all walks of life and religion. No more or less in any demographic. I worked in a child sexual abuse clinic for years and the victims/offenders were from EVERY walk of life you could imagine.

Why do you say that?

Here is a good glimpse into the issue (and sexual abuse against children exists in all cultures - just pointing out that there is a particular issue in the community in Brooklyn):

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/fa...ommon-in-haredi-community-rabbi-says-456.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb