Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
two or three things

the burlap bags would make dragging a body easier for someone with issues.

the phone call, could have been to offer to be eyes and ears for the family since he lives there...( of course that is not what we have heard)

if it's CPH...her body was probably dismembered and taken elsewhere..

if a prostitute dies during auto erotic asphixia...it is no accident, and certainly not one that happens 10 times....unless they are paying someone big time for it....because a dead girl can't make money. ( could there have been a side deal with Pak for this girl?) seems very elaborate.

what vehicles does CPH own?

yes, this is weird, because if a hooker dissappeared nextdoor to my house...

I wouldn't lose one minute of sleep about my husband, or have a tough day, or worry (except that someone could be lurking).

even if I never woke up that night to check... I would not ever suspect my husband was out night crawling...unless...

I had woken up and found him gone before.

and all those phonecalls to Pak...what the hell was going on in that house?

Question, if CPH's alibi of him sleeping next to his wife the night of May 1st was true, then why was she so distraught when she found out about him being connected to the missing girl, and why did they then proceed to have, "a tough couple of days" ?

If she was in bed with him that night, she would know he wasn't involved that night, and she never would have been distraught.

Lets us look at this from an LE stand point.Lets uses this imaginary scenerio... on the night MBB went missing and CPH was 200 miles away visiting relatives or what ever. 2 or more strong witnesses were with him at said time. Would it or would it not be enough to remove him as a suspect if he were a lone SK? It is that simple. If he could not commit that murder, then how could he be responsible for the other 3 GB4 murders. And if what LE is saying in correct that all 10 murders are connected to one person, how then could he be responsible for all 10. What happend on May 1 may or may not be connected to the SERIAL MURDER case. There are reports it is related, and others where it is not related. So far from what I have read LE has not officialy connected SG to the others. It would be impossible to connect it with out her remains. It is not out of the realm of possibility that they are connected. So lets say they are, and CPH has an above mentioned 100 percent alibi for just 1 of the SK murders. How then could he be responsible for the "Murder" of SG.

Now about his wife being distraught. It is an assumption to say she was distraught because he was connected to the missing girl. Their reputation has been damaged. They go to the store and people look at them and start whispering. They get left out of certain circles. Friends calling and asking whats going on. THE MEDIA frenzy. Who in their right mind would not be distraught.

Extremely valid point. My impression of CPH is that he reminds me of this extremely annoying person in my neighborhood who always has to inject himself uninvited into every event that takes place within the neighborhood. I think every neighborhood has at least one of these weird people who thinks of themselves as the unofficial mayor/guardian/referee in the community.

-When someone's house was robbed... my neighbor went out of his way to show up and speak to the police.

-When someone starts-up a chainsaw in the neighborhood... my neighbor is there uninvited supervising to make sure nobody gets hurt and that no trees are cut down without the proper permits.

-Whenever there is a car accident, my neighbor is there setting up road flares and directing traffic around the detour.

-The moment someone's dog gets loose, my neighbor goes out of his way to catch it and turn it in to the dog pound.

-When someone's kid gets suspended from school, my neighbor goes out of his way to call that family (even when he never met them before) to ask if they want his help speaking with the school principal to "fix" their problem.

-If someone from outside of the neighborhood drives slowly or is walking around, he goes out and confronts them.

-If anyone steps foot on my property or on the other properties on my street that he does not recognize, he's dialing 911 before that person could get to the front door.

My neighbor has been like this ever since he retired and has too much time on his hands.

CPH reminds me of this type of person. If he is Oak Beach's annoying self-proclaimed "protector" then it would not be out of character for him (given the opportunity if he was handed MG's phone number as he describes in his letters to 48 Hours) to call up MG as an unofficial representative of Oak Beach. Then at the next association meeting he had bragging rights to announce to all of his neighbors that he "fixed" their problem with the "outsiders" and their missing child.

Now that I put this thought in my head, I wonder if someone can get their hands on the minutes of the May 2010 Oak Beach Civic Association meeting?

As far as what he said in that first phone call to MG, it is very possible that CPH is not a suspect in this case because he came forward to the police and admitted to them that he lied to MG about the drug rehab home simply to make her leave their neighborhood alone (not knowing that he was digging a grave for himself that he did not deserve because he had no clue that she was in any real danger or that she would go missing as she did). If that is the case, then that would explain all of his strange mannerism and guilty & unusual behavior that followed the months after the original GB4 bodies were found. He really put his foot in his mouth this time by sticking his nose into the wrong mess if that is the case.

This makes the most sense to me since even those who live in the neighborhood cannot link CPH with JB (according to everyone there, not many people who live there ever met JB). We can speculate all we want about JB buying drugs from CPH or CPH treating SG for an overdose. However, the simple fact remains that nobody has any proof that CPH and JB ever met each other ever. As a matter of fact, there isn't a single person who lives at that end of the community who will come forward and say that they ever heard of the name JB prior to this investigation.

I know this neighbor is a pain in the butt but try to appreciate them because they are great have.. They see everything!

I think the SCPD is working off a tip. If they feel she drowned, why are they using a backhoe to dig a big hole in the marsh? This makes absolutely NO sense! If she drowned, her body would be laying on the top of the marsh or in those mosquito trenches and wouldn't be buried under much muck or anything else.

Flukeyou on the LISK forum has said that the GB4 bodies were kept in the marshland behind CPH's house. I think that is why they are digging. They would have found SG already if she accidentally drowned back there!

Goathair,
Good to see some familiar faces still around. After watching the end of the Anthony case I lost interest here and have had less time. Haven't stopped following this case though. Goathair if you go back to the post with the same title as this one but #9 we spoke about this spot back in June...

The more I sit and think this thing is so cold they are grasping for straws the more I feel the whool is far over my eyes...lol

Thanks you SeaSlug for the very helpful images of the island, they are invaluable and data like that certainly doesn't lack merit. We need more credible data like those images you brought to the table.
You are very welcome and a big 'Thank You' right back at you for your last post. I totally agree that there is so much more than we could be doing. Sorry to hear that you got banned. Very glad that you returned.

At this point I agree with you 100% that SG's remains will not be found in those wetlands. The problem that the Gilbert family is going to have is that it is very likely that the official report is going to remain that they are convinced that she's in there somewhere but due to the harsh conditions, finding her is like finding a needle in a haystack and further searching is no longer cost feasible.

if CPH was the serial killer, why would he try to draw attention to himself by mentioning his name to the victim's family and using his own number? it just doesn't make sense to me. if the LISK was able to avoid capture for 10 years, I would think he'd be a little bit smarter than that. i doubt a burlap sack would make things any easier for someone with a prosthetic leg either, given the fact that the marsh was apparently so hard to walk on coz it was similar to quicksand. even the searchers had a difficult time moving around, and they were doing their search in broad daylight. one can only imagine how CPH would have managed to do it all without drawing any attention to himself. add in the other risk factors involved like the depth of the water and the drainage pipes that were scattered and hidden all over the area, i very much doubt CPH had the capability to carry out a such a difficult task of hiding the bodies in the marsh area and then moving them on to another location, especially if he did it all in the dark.

I think its fair for the media to ask Dormer if Caman Monaco Jr. is still a suspect in the Manorville slayings. Police refused to rule him out as a suspect in 2005. So do police now believe he's a suspect in the GB4 since they believe one SK is responsible for both?

If he is still a suspect, why haven't they executed any search warrants to look for physical evidence? Have they at the very least re-interviewed him?

Does anyone wish to write to the media and report back? News 12 Long Island perhaps is a good place to start.

if a prostitute dies during auto erotic asphixia...it is no accident, and certainly not one that happens 10 times....unless they are paying someone big time for it....because a dead girl can't make money. ( could there have been a side deal with Pak for this girl?) seems very elaborate.

Based upon the information that can be gathered from the times the police were able to break up prostitution rings run on Long Island that were connected to the mob, the real heavy money earners have traditionally been 15 to 20 year old girls that look like super models. These are the prostitutes that have the potential to bring in $250k to $500k a year each for the organization.

So imagine if the organization has a VIP client or one of their members who the organization knows has the likely potential to take a prostitute's life while performing auto erotic asphyxiation.

Do you think the organization would risk losing one of their super model breadwinners?

Or do you think they would go out of their way to instead bring him girls who they know would most likely not be immediately missed and whose disappearance would cost them much less (if any) financial loss?

Also, bringing in someone who isn't currently actively on the payroll would not lead the investigation back to the organization.

<modsnip> there is a MASSIVE AND ACTIVE SERIAL KILLER INVESTIGATION going on in Oak Beach and that it is now centered behind CPH's house. I want to be a volunteer soldier in this rebel force of internet detectives and work with a team so that we can accomplish more than conversation.

I believe in the power of cyber neighborhood watch, I just don't know what everyone else on here is watching. We could be sleuthing/querying/searching the internet, making phone calls etc. to find the peice of the puzzle that LE most likely doesn't have yet and needs, but instead I see alot of people conjecturing back and forth with their own speculative theories.

The DEC and Parks Department aren't letting LE bring cranes into their holy "wetlands" to dig up the earth because they think SG drowned. And the FBI wouldn't be there if they thought they were looking for anything other than the victim of a serial killer. <modsnip>We all know they aren't going to find SG in the wetlands, the only reason she would be in there is if killer put her in there which he may have initially, but if he is smart enough to evade arrest for this long, we should assume he did a really good job disconnecting himself from SG geographically. Hopefully they can find traces of her or the other victims.

As this case is becoming more clear, most are still failig to recognize what they are watching unfold.

Thanks you SeaSlug for the very helpful images of the island, they are invaluable and data like that certainly doesn't lack merit. We need more credible data like those images you brought to the table.

how do we know for sure that the fbi are directly involved in this case? from what i've read, they offered their assistance to LE to help them find Shannan. it doesn't seem to be an uncommon thing for them to do so in a missing person's case, and i don't think there needs to be serial killer involved for them to ever offer their services.

FBI Assistance in Missing Persons Cases

In a missing person case, as a matter of cooperation, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will, at the request of a state or local law enforcement agency, make available the facilities of the FBI Identification Division and the FBI Laboratory.

these guys are VIP's maybe at Denny's ..

just sayin...it's not that toney there.

Maybe the reason why Suffolk County hasn't mentioned Carman Monaco Jr. (a.k.a. "Sal from Manorville") is because it was Nassau County that was responsible for the investigation. I found this:

STALK ARREST CAPS NEWSWOMEN'S OWN SCARY STORY

BY CARRIE MELAGO DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, August 28th 2004, 6:41AM

A LONG ISLAND truck driver was nabbed for obsessively phoning violent and sexual threats to three television newswomen, Nassau County police said yesterday.

Carman Monaco Jr., 47, of Patchogue, is charged with stalking News 12 Long Island anchor Danielle Campbell and station reporters Elizabeth Hashagen and Mary Beth McDade.

The deliveryman did his dirty work at pay phones along his route on Long Island and in the city, police said.

"These calls were sexually suggestive for the most part and in some cases considered threatening," Detective Lt. Steven Skrynecki said. "At times, there were threats that he would cause bodily injury to reporters."

Officials said Monaco may be responsible for hundreds of threatening calls dating to 1996, when News 12 began hearing from a man calling himself "Sal from Woodbury."

The calls and messages came intermittently until December 2003, when they began to escalate in frequency and severity, cops said.

Skrynecki said Monaco would tell the reporters to avoid certain locations or he would hurt them, police said. News 12 never altered its assignments based on the threats, cops said.

The three women could not be reached for comment. News 12 thanked Nassau police for the nine-month investigation that led to Monaco's arrest Thursday.

The major break in the case came a month ago when cops determined that a threat phoned in to the TV station was made from outside a Brooklyn bodega while Monaco was making a delivery to the store, police said.

"Once we established him as a suspect and placed him under surveillance, he was observed by a surveillance team making two phone calls in the last three weeks," Skrynecki said.

Monaco, who has no prior record, was charged with three counts of stalking and eight counts of aggravated harassment, all misdemeanors. He was being held on $105,000 bail.

cmelago@edit.nydailynews.com

<modsnip> there is a MASSIVE AND ACTIVE SERIAL KILLER INVESTIGATION going on in Oak Beach and that it is now centered behind CPH's house. I want to be a volunteer soldier in this rebel force of internet detectives and work with a team so that we can accomplish more than conversation.

I believe in the power of cyber neighborhood watch, I just don't know what everyone else on here is watching. We could be sleuthing/querying/searching the internet, making phone calls etc. to find the peice of the puzzle that LE most likely doesn't have yet and needs, but instead I see alot of people conjecturing back and forth with their own speculative theories.

The DEC and Parks Department aren't letting LE bring cranes into their holy "wetlands" to dig up the earth because they think SG drowned. And the FBI wouldn't be there if they thought they were looking for anything other than the victim of a serial killer. <modsnip>We all know they aren't going to find SG in the wetlands, the only reason she would be in there is if killer put her in there which he may have initially, but if he is smart enough to evade arrest for this long, we should assume he did a really good job disconnecting himself from SG geographically. Hopefully they can find traces of her or the other victims.

As this case is becoming more clear, most are still failig to recognize what they are watching unfold.

I'm sure that LE is aware of these threads

I think its fair for the media to ask Dormer if Caman Monaco Jr. is still a suspect in the Manorville slayings. Police refused to rule him out as a suspect in 2005. So do police now believe he's a suspect in the GB4 since they believe one SK is responsible for both?

If he is still a suspect, why haven't they executed any search warrants to look for physical evidence? Have they at the very least re-interviewed him?

Does anyone wish to write to the media and report back? News 12 Long Island perhaps is a good place to start.

Maybe they have. The police don't share everything they do with the public.

Back in the 80's when I was in HS I was stalked by a guy in his 30's. A few months after he was arrested I had detectives come to my school and interview me because they thought he might be connected to murdered women that were dumped on the side of the road. A few years later they contacted me again to ask me questions about him in connection to other crimes. I'm sure the police are interviewing tons of people that we'll never hear about.

I'm sure that LE is aware of these threads

:shush:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Law Enforcement:

Members of Law Enforcement regularly read at WS. Generally they contact WS Admins when they register, but there is no requirement that they do so. Unless they ask us to, we do not publicly identify them, but all posters should be aware that public comments about illegal activity could bring them attention they may not want. WS receives subpoenas on a regular basis from various agencies. WS will comply with all valid subpoenas received.

if CPH was the serial killer, why would he try to draw attention to himself by mentioning his name to the victim's family and using his own number? it just doesn't make sense to me. if the LISK was able to avoid capture for 10 years, I would think he'd be a little bit smarter than that. i doubt a burlap sack would make things any easier for someone with a prosthetic leg either, given the fact that the marsh was apparently so hard to walk on coz it was similar to quicksand. even the searchers had a difficult time moving around, and they were doing their search in broad daylight. one can only imagine how CPH would have managed to do it all without drawing any attention to himself. add in the other risk factors involved like the depth of the water and the drainage pipes that were scattered and hidden all over the area, i very much doubt CPH had the capability to carry out a such a difficult task of hiding the bodies in the marsh area and then moving them on to another location, especially if he did it all in the dark.

I think that's a good point, but don't forget Shannan went missing months before the bodies were found, There was no SK on anyone's radar at that time.

The phone calls that were placed to the sister of Melissa Barthelemy reveal someone who likes playing power games (which you'd assume of him anyway of course but especially so from the calls.) It's not inconceivable to me that a SK, thinking he's safe and there's no way to connect him to a crime, would take risks to satisfy this perverse need to manipulate and toy with people.

Or you could be right. I don't even know anymore what I think except that I have to start limiting the time I spend on here...if I exercised for the amount of time I spend reading & writing posts, I'd be on my way running a marathon, haha! I'm going cross-eyed...

I think that's a good point, but don't forget Shannan went missing months before the bodies were found, There was no SK on anyone's radar at that time.

The phone calls that were placed to the sister of Melissa Barthelemy reveal someone who likes playing power games (which you'd assume of him anyway of course but especially so from the calls.) It's not inconceivable to me that a SK, thinking he's safe and there's no way to connect him to a crime, would take risks to satisfy this perverse need to manipulate and toy with people.

Or you could be right. I don't even know anymore what I think except that I have to start limiting the time I spend on here...if I exercised for the amount of time I spend reading & writing posts, I'd be on my way running a marathon, haha! I'm going cross-eyed...

Not to mention that SG did not go quietly into the night. Her disappearance was different in that she was on the phone to LE, whereas none of the other girls had that opportunity. After the initial attendance by LE on May 1, her case probably got relegated to "just another missing prostitute". The family receiving a phone call from a respected member of the community, basically assuring them that SG was alive, would help allleviate the family's concern so that they too were not as active in their search for their missing loved one. Possibly just another form of power ... let's control how the family views this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734