NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickle, did any of the neighbors notice/see a ME van or vans and whether one or more bodies were removed from the home? This is SO very curious.

Any word on what tipped off the investigation and LE coming to that house to discover the dead wife in the basement?

After Gilbert and her attorney ended their news conference, a lifeguard got into an argument with Oak Beach Mayor Gus Coletti, charging that he failed to secure a surveillance tape from the beach guard house that would have shown the whereabouts of Shannan the night she vanished. Screaming, "you killed a girl," the lifeguard called the mayor a "liar," suggesting he did not turn the tape over to police. Coletti later told reporters he did give the surveillance video to police, but it was of no value because someone had recorded over it.

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-shannan-gilbert-mother-fbi,0,6430871.story?track=rss

This lifeguard is flukeyou. Does CS own a strip club?

OK, been following this case for over a year now: Who is CS?

Here is something that has bugged me since I first heard it and has since. (just looking for the direct quote in an article) When GC went outside after Shannan ran off and spoke with Pak, Pak states "We were having a party at (the clients’ house) and one of the girls got upset and left. I’m looking to find her and bring her back."
I feel strongly that some of the answers to what Shannan went through have always been there, she gave them to us in her 911 call. Unfortunately know listened and some still do not till this day. She told us that someone was trying to kill her.
So with that above MP quote and Shannan bolting for her life out of the house originally, she must have came across something there, this is the initial cause of her concern for her life. Now what if there was another girl present, what if that other girl did not get away from whatever fate became of her?
100% speculation from me about another girl and harm coming to her but, Pak did state one of the girls.

That has bugged me for quite a while. GC's recollection has changed somewhat, hasn't it? Here's the quote you're referring to.

http://jjfieldnotes.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunday-with-gus.html

And that’s when he says, ‘oh well we had a party up at Brewer’s house and one of the young girls got upset and left and I’m tryin’ to find her to bring her back.’

All good questions. I personally don't know who runs the site. LE? FBI? One of the posters? No idea. It's obviously not moderated, or barely moderated. But it's interesting that you suggest that one of the posters may be trying to mount a defense. I hadn't thought about that.

IMO, it looks like the admin. carefully selects what emails are posted at that site. It looks and sounds like most of the emails posted come from the same people or person (posting under multiple handles?) as most of the correspondences seem to convey similar ideas that point unidirectionally, IMO.

I find it curious that a real email address is not needed to post there. If the perp has been posting there-dropping hints, tips, evidence etc, about his crimes- there might not be any way to trace the info back him? (IMHO if would be difficult but, not impossible)

BTW, how did that site get permission from a certain international men's magazine to post a certain picture?

I agree with the people who are of the opinion that the perp is an attention *advertiser censored*. I wouldn't be surprised to some day find out that the perp is using/had been using that site as his own propaganda ministry, IMHO.

IMO, it looks like the admin. carefully selects what emails are posted at that site. It looks and sounds like most of the emails posted come from the same people or person (posting under multiple handles?) as most of the correspondences seem to convey similar ideas that point unidirectionally, IMO.

I find it curious that a real email address is not needed to post there. If the perp has been posting there-dropping hints, tips, evidence etc, about his crimes- there might not be any way to trace the info back him? (IMHO if would be difficult but, not impossible)

BTW, how did that site get permission from a certain international men's magazine to post a certain picture?

I agree with the people who are of the opinion that the perp is an attention *advertiser censored*. I wouldn't be surprised to some day find out that the perp is using/had been using that site as his own propaganda ministry, IMHO.

Well it would certainly go along with the stereotype of a SK inserting himself into the investigation and possibly being his own worst enemy.

I've posted there many a time (as Matt G, if anyone was wondering or cares). I'm pretty everything I've posted has made it to the site.

I am not familiar with this web site that much. So I am asking if there are honest true psychics that are on here and/or have lent there ear to these threads?

Im still under the impression that she wasnt killed by the LISK, but she was murdered. Unless it happens to be that the serial killer was one of those 3 men that were there that night, and if so the then the police havent looked into them enough. I dont know why the serial killer would take such a risk in trying to abduct her when he is successful doing it his way.

When the site first opened someone here did the Sleuthing and uncovered the owner/author of the LISK website. It is a woman who is a journalist. Somewhere on that website you can probably still find her first blog about how she felt driving down Ocean Parkway so close to where the bodies were placed by the LISK. We speculated that she probably is looking to write a book about the case and is including that website to make it all a very interesting read.

When the site first opened someone here did the Sleuthing and uncovered the owner/author of the LISK website. It is a woman who is a journalist. Somewhere on that website you can probably still find her first blog about how she felt driving down Ocean Parkway so close to where the bodies were placed by the LISK. We speculated that she probably is looking to write a book about the case and is including that website to make it all a very interesting read.

According to the following news story, she is a he and not a journalist but a web designer.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/04/long_island_serial_killer_website_interview.php

I'm watching something on t.v. about the woman who disappeared in Kansas (Aisha Cann, who I predict ran away from her life, but of course that belongs on a different thread...!) She disappeared on Friday and "65 police officers along with FBI have already logged more than 400 man hours" to try to find her.

And they say that Shannan's profession had nothing to do with the lame response to her disappearance?!

The girl has turned up, and I just gotta say it - I knew it! And I'm more annoyed than ever. Not that that girl didn't deserve to be searched for that way (even though IMO all signs pointed to a planned disappearance) but that everyone deserves to be taken seriously and searched for, in such cases.

I think if we could all hear Shannan's 911 call that would tell us a lot. I understand why they haven't done it, but if they declare her death an accident, they need to release it. Aisha Cann's message sounded really phony, to me.

I’ve read quite a bit on the Shannan/LISK case, but I’m new to posting (Note to Admin: please move this where it should be if needed -- it's regarding the First Day handling of evidence and investigation. There will be more posts on this).

I’m hung up on the details of Shannan’s case and why there are so many unsolved pieces… the following is opinion based on the facts I have.

Re: The first responding officer on May 1.

Shannan’s 911 call indicated that someone was trying to harm or kill her. According to Coletti, he also called 911, which gave information on where Shannan was. So the 911 dispatcher would have relayed information to the first responding officer that this was likely a crime in progress and it was happening in Oak Beach. So that officer knew the situation was a potential criminal matter. Coletti waited at the front (and only) gate to let the officer in. At that spot there was more than one surveillance camera. Coletti would have pointed at the road in front of them and said “she was here (The Fairway) and ran there (Anchor), she was being followed and screaming for help”. This was based on Coletti’s own observation as an eye witness. With all this information, any police officer worth his salt would have scanned the scene, looked for surveillance equipment that is almost always found at the entrance of a gated community, and told Coletti: I need those tapes. It is doubtful either Coletti or the responding officer knew at that time what Shannan did for a living.

Soon thereafter, detectives should have contacted the surveillance equipment manufacturer (Speco Technologies in Amityville) and asked if it was possible to monitor the footage via a web browser. The product specs for the model Intensifier2 do not indicate it has browser capability – however, is it still possible to rig and monitor footage remotely? Could someone have been listening to a police scanner, heard the dispatch to Oak Beach and been watching the front gate surveillance footage? Is this possible?

Here is the important part… In the first few minutes on the scene that officer made a key decision. It certainly appears he decided then and there that this was not a crime scene. This decision was not based on Shannan’s choice of work (which he likely did not know) but on him knowing in what “sleepy” community he was standing. That factor trumped all other factors. That decision meant no surveillance video was going to be asked for. Lost evidence, the refusal to release 911 transcripts (has the tape now been destroyed?), cleared suspects, and no police reports from that morning (if there are police reports, why haven’t they been referenced in the media?)

It stands to reason that the ME results will almost certainly be “inconclusive”.

Neptune

According to the following news story, she is a he and not a journalist but a web designer.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/04/long_island_serial_killer_website_interview.php

I just read the article. God, I hate people who act like they are doing something really deep when in fact they aren't. I guess the word for that would be pretentious. Right buddy - your website is satirical? You started it as a satire of the media?! Sure. In any case, what onslaught is he talking about? I don't the think the coverage on this case has been salacious, gratuitous, sensationalized or excessive, far from it! In fact, I don't think there's been enough information or coverage of the case! But perhaps that's because I am truly interested in it, truly concerned about it (as, I believe, are the others on THIS website), and not with just trying to sound cool.

And how is this for contradictory: he says the newspapers and t.v. were insensitive to the tragedy, but then he says "I watch Law and Order and CSI, like every other American, so this is kind of just like another television show. The website is my interpretation of the way the media has presented this to the public." So wait - the website is entertainment? That's not insensitive, is it?! Or is it, like, a comment on how the media has made the case into entertainment? (Because you can tell he really cares about it!) Or wait - is he making a comment on how the media has made the case into entertainment, by turning it into entertainment himself?! Wow, that's so very "meta" of him! I get it now, it's actually art!

A couple other words come to mind other than pretentious: self-serving, deluded, opportunistic...

I’ve read quite a bit on the Shannan/LISK case, but I’m new to posting (Note to Admin: please move this where it should be if needed -- it's regarding the First Day handling of evidence and investigation. There will be more posts on this).

I’m hung up on the details of Shannan’s case and why there are so many unsolved pieces… the following is opinion based on the facts I have.

Shannan’s 911 call indicated that someone was trying to harm or kill her. According to Coletti, he also called 911, which gave information on where Shannan was. So the 911 dispatcher would have relayed information to the first responding officer that this was likely a crime in progress and it was happening in Oak Beach. So that officer knew the situation was a potential criminal matter. Coletti waited at the front (and only) gate to let the officer in. At that spot there was more than one surveillance camera. Coletti would have pointed at the road in front of them and said “she was here (The Fairway) and ran there (Anchor), she was being followed and screaming for help”. This was based on Coletti’s own observation as an eye witness. With all this information, any police officer worth his salt would have scanned the scene, looked for surveillance equipment that is almost always found at the entrance of a gated community, and told Coletti: I need those tapes. It is doubtful either Coletti or the responding officer knew at that time what Shannan did for a living.

Soon thereafter, detectives should have contacted the surveillance equipment manufacturer (Speco Technologies in Amityville) and asked if it was possible to monitor the footage via a web browser. The product specs for the model Intensifier2 do not indicate it has browser capability – however, is it still possible to rig and monitor footage remotely? Could someone have been listening to a police scanner, heard the dispatch to Oak Beach and been watching the front gate surveillance footage? Is this possible?

Here is the important part… In the first few minutes on the scene that officer made a key decision. It certainly appears he decided then and there that this was not a crime scene. This decision was not based on Shannan’s choice of work (which he likely did not know) but on him knowing in what “sleepy” community he was standing. That factor trumped all other factors. That decision meant no surveillance video was going to be asked for. Lost evidence, the refusal to release 911 transcripts (has the tape now been destroyed?), cleared suspects, and no police reports from that morning (if there are police reports, why haven’t they been referenced in the media?)

It stands to reason that the ME results will almost certainly be “inconclusive”.

Neptune

Great post. Very logical! Keep going!

Neptune
I agree with most of your post,especially how obvious it was what should have been done.I'm not sure the "sleepy" community was the factor that let the case fall apart however I suspect the officer knew very well what and who he was dealing with and kept it quiet for other reasons.

When MP came to get SG from JB's house that evening, why did she refuse to leave with MP? In fact, SG refused, saying 'you guys are trying to kill me'. Which makes no sense to me...Why didn't SG use the more logical phrase 'those guys' when she addressed MP? It's public knowledge through MG that SG named her attacker in her 911 call, although the name was not made public. The only information made public was the name was not JB. Could the name be MP?

When SG bolted and ran from JB's, why didn't she run straight for the car? Obviously, that would have been the fastest way out if she feared for her life. In the same way, why didn't SG stay at GC's house that night? Most people assume she ran for fear of being arrested when GC mentioned calling the police. It seems to me being alive in jail is preferred over running outside and risk getting captured by her attacker/s.

As SG ran terrified through the OB neighborhood, taking into consideration what the Commish said: SG was likely trying to make it to Ocean Parkway because she could see lights in that direction, why did SG run right past the lighted entrance/exit, which would have been the closest and fastest way to the parkway?

Why did SG keep running toward and into the dark desolate area where she was ultimately found?

I agree with most of your post,especially how obvious it was what should have been done.I'm not sure the "sleepy" community was the factor that let the case fall apart however I suspect the officer knew very well what and who he was dealing with and kept it quiet for other reasons.
I agree with most of Neptune's post as well. I also think the officer knew who Mr Colletti was as he had lived there for many years. He might have been well known to locals in his time as a Doo-Wop singer w/ the Clusters: http://whitedoowopcollector.blogspot.com/2009/04/gus-colletti-clusters-aka-clusters_12.html I should say I think this is the same Gus and his reputation continued to proceed him. I have read allot about residents of Oak Beach being well known for this or that.

When a person's death is suspected to be caused by drowning, one factor in determining the cause of death is to look for diatomes. Diatomes are single-cell aquatic organisms most commonly used to determine water quality. Diatomes are most commonly looked for in the lungs. However, once in the lungs they can be dispersed throughout the entire body, including bone marrow.

The problem becomes the length of time SG's remains in water, as bones are porous and the diatomes can leach through the bone into the marrow.

How will the medical examiner be able to determine drowning due to the leach factor? If diatomes are found the medical examiner cannot conclusively rule out their presence due to the leach factor, ie: breathed into the lungs vs. leached into the marrow. Again factoring for the leach factor, how will the medical examiner be able to determine if SG was alive or not when she came to be in the place she was found?

I agree that the manner of death SHOULD be inconclusive, but I highly suspect the official cause of death will be drowning.

I just watched the 48 Hours episode tonight about the Long Island Serial Killer and am definitely on board with this discussion.

I'll admit that when I first started watching I thought it was going to be another Green River Killer type of thing and that in the end they were going to say that Shannon's death is helping them tie everything together. So, you can imagine my surprise when the police commissioner (Dormer?) starts stating quite matter of factly that Shannon's case was probably just a drowning and there was nothing to indicate she was in danger. What?? Even Erin Moriarty's face was like "WTF?" while he was speaking!

Also, how did her body and belongings go undiscovered for so long even though they were really not that far from where she was last seen? Yet, this murder case was supposedly the biggest murder investigation and search in that town or county? Something is wrong with this whole thing and just in the very little research I've done since watching the show tonight it has come up numerous times that many people suspect the person or one of the people involved could be in or have ties to LE. It's interesting that the Dr. Hacker character has ties to the LE as being a "police surgeon". Even if by some chance Shannon's murder is not related to the LISK, there is something off and something deeper going on here in my opinion than just a poorly done search or investigation.

Good post... I agree with most of what you said. I'm just curious how you know who the manufacturer and model of the surveillance equipment. That's the first time I've heard the specifics mentioned... just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1