NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget too that her sisters found one of her earrings in the street when they went searching for her after she disappeared. I don't have any piercings but I believe it can be easy to lose an earring. Just reminding everyone that she had items found outside of this location of her purse and clothing.

Actually, the sister found the earring at one of the homes, I think Brewer's. She found it laying next to the wooden walkway in the grass. It was on one of the latest shows 48 hours of Moriarty's.

However this plays out, wih Shannan's final cause of death, the remark last night about her jeans coming off while she was running was about the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard an LEA ever say...I hope he is feeling really stupid and embarrassed about now...

Don't forget too that her sisters found one of her earrings in the street when they went searching for her after she disappeared. I don't have any piercings but I believe it can be easy to lose an earring. Just reminding everyone that she had items found outside of this location of her purse and clothing.

Just to keep the facts (as we know them) straight, her earring was found outside at Brewers; it was her jacket that was found on Anchor Way.

Sorry, I see quiet girl has already answered this in part.

Hmm ... why didn't the dogs find the earring at JB's?

However this plays out, wih Shannan's final cause of death, the remark last night about her jeans coming off while she was running was about the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard an LEA ever say...I hope he is feeling really stupid and embarrassed about now...

I hope/trust/pray? that LE is on a mis-information campaign. So far, i can't see anything that smacks of an accidental drowning.

I'm going to hazard a guess that her belongings (included ballet flats?) were found approx 1/3 of the way into the marsh ... which sounds like she would have been running barefoot through the final 2/3 to where she was found. Sounds like steel-toed boots or Wellies would have been more appropo than bare feet.

Weren't air searches ever conducted over this area? She was found so close by. How could they not have picked up on at least one of her items, if not her body, from a helicopter, for example?

I wonder if she was found with any clothing on at all?
I do not know if this was mentioned yet.

Hi, I thought Sherre said they found her earring on the sidewalk, not far from the door. I read in one link that she fell down JB's steps so I think that is where she possibly lost that earring. IMO

What was the deal tho in the 48 Hours show where Shannon's sisters didn't go to Oak Beach for 8 days ??? I thought it was 2 days after she didn't come home that they went. The call from CPH came before the missing persons report was filed. Does anyone here remember how that played out?

Just to keep the facts (as we know them) straight, her earring was found outside at Brewers; it was her jacket that was found on Anchor Way.

Sorry, I see quiet girl has already answered this in part.

Hmm ... why didn't the dogs find the earring at JB's?

Hi Silly, In the 48 Hour special they pointed out JB had said her jacket laid out on the walk by his house for days. I also remember that from the beginning of the case.

Where did this new angle of her jacket being found on Anchor Way start? I don't think it was found there. IMO

Hi Silly, In the 48 Hour special they pointed out JB had said her jacket laid out on the walk by his house for days. I also remember that from the beginning of the case.

Where did this new angle of her jacket being found on Anchor Way start? I don't think it was found there. IMO

Supposedly, SG had her jacket over her shoulder when she was at Coletti's, so it could not have been at JB's. Also, from jjfieldnotes when he went to OB with Mari:

http://jjfieldnotes.blogspot.com/

We continue down Anchor Way to where it intersects with the road named The Bayou. This is supposedly where Shannan’s jacket was found. We look to Joe for what he’s sensing.

Supposedly, SG had her jacket over her shoulder when she was at Coletti's, so it could not have been at JB's. Also, from jjfieldnotes when he went to OB with Mari:

Yea, The info about the jacket had to be wrong from the start. The big thing about the jacket at first was that LE had retrieved it and then it was lost by them :innocent:

I'm positive the hostess on 48 Hours said JB said the jacket laid out by his walkway for several days. She has it wrong too. I believe our poster Lilmiss. . . who said she heard GC say she had her jacket with at his house. That means the info it was probably found down on Anchor Way correct, eh?

I think the true importance of the jacket is since she had it at Gus' and it was found at Anchor Way/The Bayou, there could be something that happened there that made her drop the jacket. Like someone trying to grab her and pull her into a truck, heard on the 911 call acc to Mari.

Gee, I have no idea. Crazy posting when it is just a guess ;}

The earring laid there, in JB's front yard and near his sidewalk, for days. Supposedly the jacket was found in the road and GC is said to have seen her with the jacket. It has been suggested, since the beginning that LE took the jacket but now has no idea where it is. If that is true it is very damaging for future "chain of evidence" testimony.

I believe Shannan’s body and clothes were dumped recently to taunt the investigators. With all that was posted earlier about the helicopter and K-9 searches done at the time of her disappearance I do not see how her body/belongings were anywhere in the area prior to Thanksgiving when this new burst of interest developed. If she was there they would have found her.

NYT 4/17/11-Officer and His Dog Play Key Role in Hunt for Remains

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/n...-for-bodies-key-role-for-officer-and-dog.html

The investigation was prompted by the search for Shannan Gilbert, a 24-year-old prostitute from Jersey City who disappeared in the area last May and remains missing. One month later, the department’s missing persons bureau asked Officer Mallia to search for Ms. Gilbert.
“I assumed we would find her,” he said. “I assumed she was dead. Nobody had a clue.”
Over the summer, the officer and Blue searched the gated beach community where she was last seen, but came up with nothing.
On Dec. 11, he returned, this time venturing west. He said he stuck close to the shoulder of the parkway, because the vegetation was so thick and because data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation showed that when bodies were dumped, most were disposed of about 30 feet from the road. That afternoon, shortly before 3 p.m., Blue picked up a scent on the parkway.

... there could be something that happened there that made her drop the jacket. Like someone trying to grab her and pull her into a truck, heard on the 911 call acc to Mari ...

Just kind of rehashing the 911 thing again as it relates to the sound of a vehicle ...

Apparently SG was not at Anchor Way when her 911 call ended because her 911 call ended at 5:14, yet another neighbour saw her at Anchor Way 8 minutes later at 5:22.

The call lasted 23 minutes, from 4:51 to 5:14 when (according to her family) there was the sound of her being pulled into a vehicle. Just doesn't add up though, does it? ... That would have her being pulled into a vehicle at 5:14 but then at Coletti's and then onto Anchor Way all within 8 minutes of having been pulled into a vehicle. Her 911 call must have been over by the time she arrived at Coletti's, otherwise there was no need for him to call 911 himself if she was already speaking with them.

Something really stinks here.

Mari Gilbert is saying that she knows for a FACT that Shannan's belongings were placed there RECENTLY! She is having a press conference at Oak Beach tomorrow morning.

I was looking at the arial map of the place the other day. I saw GC house is near the gate. Now why would Shannan run pass the gate and turn down Anchor Way towards the end of Oak Beach to only run through the marsh to get out of there?
Perhaps she thought she had a better chance with a house and he ppl in it to help her?
She to me was making sane decisions, we will never really know. I almost wish she ran straight out of there instead.
Maybe at the gate area MP did grab a hold of her since he was following her and so she had to keep running?
all conjecture on my part, does it help, idk

Has the 911 call or parts of it ever been broadcasted? Or the old guys 911 call??

If so, can you provide with link?? It would be very interesting to hear.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Just something I have been mulling over in my head....could Shannon have gotten into a car after calling 911, with someone from LE? That would explain why dogs didn't track her scent, the helicopter didn't pick up her body heat and how the SK got her in a gated community. Also, she might have more readily gotten into a car with someone who is in LE, and who she thinks is going to save her.
CPH, MP and JB are all capable and could have had involvement in the Shannon case, but what about the others?
I remember some of PeterF14's post alluding to this.... and this Spota vs Dormer/Levy public airing of their disagreement is super disturbing. Spota is worried about a court case in the future?? He should be worried that they get this maniac(s), if they can at all!
After reading today's story in Newsday, I'm thinking the liklihood of success in this case is fading quickly.
http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/spota-dormer-theory-may-hurt-gilgo-case-1.3398139

Just venting!

I was looking at the arial map of the place the other day. I saw GC house is near the gate. Now why would Shannan run pass the gate and turn down Anchor Way towards the end of Oak Beach to only run through the marsh to get out of there?
Perhaps she thought she had a better chance with a house and he ppl in it to help her?
She to me was making sane decisions, we will never really know. I almost wish she ran straight out of there instead.
Maybe at the gate area MP did grab a hold of her since he was following her and so she had to keep running?
all conjecture on my part, does it help, idk

I feel the same way looking at that map... I have no idea what happened that night but if Shannan did run through the marsh, it makes me so sad that pretty much any other direction would have led her to the gate, the little entrance road to OB, or the OB parking lot instead of the marsh. Not that I think she would have been safe in those places, but if we are to believe the ridiculous theory that commissioner is putting forward she would have been fine as long as she didn't end up in the marsh or the ocean...

:twocents:

Suffolk County has that technology in their helicopters?

If they do not I would be completely shocked. In A WTF way.The Suffolk Police Marine Bureau patrols the 500 square miles within the police district, from the Connecticut and Rhode Island state line to the New York state line 3 miles south of Fire Island in the Atlantic Ocean.
Plus there still E.S.
That alot of patroling. So yes it think it is safe to say they do have them.
Probably someone who lives in the immediate area was walking in the brushy area and noticed items.

Why did that take until from arround the 24 of nov until dec (12?) It seems that Shannon would have been found within the next few days. If is was from someone walking arround and seeing stuff. Wouldnt you wait and have LE meet you on the spot?

This link is old but one quote from Shannons mom caught my eye ..
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/shannon-gilbert-s-mom-says-daughter-won-t-be-found-near-beach-videos

Her mother, Mari Gilbert, has said that her daughter’s last phone call was “…23 minutes to 911 when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck.”

Oh my God! Dormer really is an idiot. I just didn't think a commissioner could ever be dumber than a box of hair and receive a six figured incomme for it. Chalk it up to the strangeness of Long Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18