DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought here:
Park Ranger?
http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_2307673
Forest Ranger:
http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_6109788

A Forest Ranger requires a higher degree of education, but both are classifired as LE...
If this were the case no one would ever question a state vehicle parked on the side of the road. Don't most rangers drive trucks/jeeps/SUV's?
He would know his terrain better than perhaps anyone else in the area. :waitasec:
Crazy idea?

Mods, pasting all because News 12 is a paid subscription site.

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=278243&position=1&news_type=news

Police: Missing NJ prostitute not among newly discovered remains
(04/05/11) GILGO BEACH - Suffolk police announced today that the body of missing New Jersey prostitute Shannan Gilbert is not among three sets of human remains found along Ocean Parkway yesterday. Dozens of police recruits and K-9 units fanned out along Ocean Parkway between Gilgo Beach and Oak Beach today following the discovery, which brought the total to eight victims.
Sixteen K-9 units, including Suffolk's three cadaver dogs, struggled through cold rain and thick brush on the north side of the parkway, looking for more evidence and possibly more remains.
The 25 police recruits who were bused in spent part of the time searching the area around the waterfront home of Joe Brewer. Police have said Gilbert was last seen running from Brewer's Oak Beach house last May.
Brewer's house was searched in December, but he hasn't been named a suspect.
Investigators have searched more than 7 miles of dense undergrowth several times since the first grisly discoveries in December.
The most recent victims, including one that was found last week, have yet to be identified.
Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer says they will keep scouring the area.
"It's a tough area, it's very easy to miss something, but that's why we're doing it again," he says.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/cops-gilgo-remains-not-gilbert-s-1.2801373

None of the three human remains found near Gilgo Beach on Monday are Shannan Gilbert, the Jersey City woman who went missing nearby almost a year ago, according to Suffolk police.
The announcement came as police continue a second day of a search for clues or more bodies near where eight sets of remains have been recovered since December.
Suffolk police investigating a serial killer and looking for Gilbert found the remains of three people Monday in underbrush along Ocean Parkway, west of Oak Beach.

How can they state that it isn't Shannan so quickly? Does she have some sort of physical aspect that the ME can reject it being her i.e height, prior broken bones,etc.

How can they state that it isn't Shannan so quickly? Does she have some sort of physical aspect that the ME can reject it being her i.e height, prior broken bones,etc.

Apparently she has a metal plate in her jaw.

I am confused also, espescially concerning Shannon's last known moments. It would be a huge coincidence, if she was running for her life from someone near JB's home, and murdered soon after by a totally different person (unrelated to JB and/or Shannon).

Not such a huge coincidence -- the population of Nassau and Suffolk counties is over two million. There are going to be other murders, too.

.....if the killer is mission oriented, he would feel he's ridding the world of those of which he deems "undesirable". if it is the case, the killer has a delusion that he is actually doing good by ridding of these people.

if he is killing under his own delusions (which might not likely be noticeable to others) then it's not likely he'll stop.

SBM - I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that he thinks he is doing the girls a favor by someone "saving their souls" from the "sin they have chosen". I just cannot dismiss that burlap because he has used it numerous times over a period of years!!! There had to be other items as easily available to him during his killing spree - plastic tarps, sheets, blankets... you know - the stuff other killers use to transport and dispose of the bodies. If all 8 victims were placed in burlap, it is clearly a part of his MO, and therefore, significant. MOO.

Apparently she has a metal plate in her jaw.

OK that makes sense that they can make that conclusion so obviously there were 3 skulls discovered with the remains.

Nancy Grace is covering this again tonight in 5 minutes.

In addition to the metal rod in her left jaw, they also have her dental records and DNA on hand. So when a body comes in they can immediately check it. So no metal rod, plus not matching dental records, plus excluding the DNA.

It's when you have to go through and try to figure out WHO a body could be, THEN compare the records to the body... that it takes forever. When all you have to do is compare body to records it doesn't take as long.

Gilgo remains not Gilberts.

None of the three human remains found near Gilgo Beach on Monday are Shannan Gilbert, the Jersey City woman who went missing nearby almost a year ago, according to Suffolk police.

The announcement came as police continue a second day of a search for clues or more bodies near where eight sets of remains have been recovered since December.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/cops-gilgo-remains-not-gilbert-s-1.2801373

Don't know if posted already:

As per NG Show-search has now moved into a gated community (million dollar homes) for other bodies and/or the killer.

Don't know if posted already:

As per NG Show-search has now moved into a gated community (million dollar homes) for other bodies and/or the killer.

AND it looks like they have narrowed their suspect list down considerably. Apparently one of the homeowners in this gated community called Shannon for an appt. from Craigslist, and it was from that same house that she took off running in terror. Ruh-Roh.

This case will be discussed on Jane Velez Mitchell tonight at 7pm on HLN. I'm sure Nancy Grace will be talking about it a little too at 8. And by "talking" I mean YELLING misinformation like it's the gospel truth. Sorry, she irks me.

LOL I never thought I'd say to myself "OH BOY, Nancy Grace is on !!! :great: :crazy: Guess what I'm watching ;}

I did hear Pat Brown say she thinks this guy is a sexual sadist, that he enjoys the power he feels over the victims. She is 'sure' that he has a place to take them to - has to she says, as he relishes in tormenting, abusing and then killing them.

Don't always agree with Pat B, but IMO he's in there-the gated community.

SG, Shannon's Sister: thought that Dec body would be her's; don't know where she is-we don't want her to suffer

Omg what are these dates NG is spewing out? Who went missing Dec 2010 and April 2011? This is just going to confuse people. That's when they found the bodies.

Caller afraid that killer moved onto another area cause bodies are decomposed (old)
NG: individuals going missing every few weeks
NG: killer putting them out there basically __?___(skinned?)
Guest: in NorthEast, can take a year to get a complete skeleton
NG: where's all t soft tissue going?
Guest: may be going down his drain, and placing t skeletons out there; soft tissue can be easily removed; de-fleshing in home>skeletons out to another location

Another Guest: DNA is being extracted from t bone marrow; exists for years (DNA in bone marrow)

SBM - I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that he thinks he is doing the girls a favor by someone "saving their souls" from the "sin they have chosen". I just cannot dismiss that burlap because he has used it numerous times over a period of years!!! There had to be other items as easily available to him during his killing spree - plastic tarps, sheets, blankets... you know - the stuff other killers use to transport and dispose of the bodies. If all 8 victims were placed in burlap, it is clearly a part of his MO, and therefore, significant. MOO.

Good point. Until you put it that way I didn't think it was anything worth thinking about because it is such a disposable item. It will be interesting to hear about the new 4.

NG said there are 8 young women dead there and expects more!
I wonder about the man that lived in the gated community that
Shannon was so afraid of that she talked 23 minutes to 911????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn