NY-Long Island-Four bodies found on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be WILD!

It sure would be minazoe!

I am only theorizing here. He was convicted and sentenced to 18 mos in 2008 for his crimes and paid off some of his victims to avoid further conviction. He doesn't want to risk more prison time.

I'm just thinking the LI killer may seek prostitutes of small stature because he really prefers underage girls.

OT I once dated a wealthy man who turned out to be a nut. Followed me around, showed up where I would be, etc. Basically he was stalking me after I ended it. I was discussing this with a girlfriend one day and she said to me, "Hun, don't you know? The richer they are, the crazier they are!"
I don't know if that is really true but I thought of her words when I read about this perv in the NYPost article. :crazy:

wm

ps. My gut feeling is the LI killer is someone who is affluent and above suspicion. Do we know if any DNA was found with/on any of the bodies?

ETA- Does anyone know if artifacts are wrapped in burlap, then surrounded by the packing materials in the crates when shipped from overseas?

This perv likes underage girls. Could he be soliciting prostitutes of small stature assuming they look like teen girls? Then murders them if they don't 'trip his trigger'?

He lives in Manhatten. here's a link.....

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/perv_mogul_gets_royal_treatment_QHwt7w3vcfEAiH7vfpdFjI

I consider any and all possibilities in these cases.

Thoughts?

wm

Very interesting. That article said this guy served 18 months in 2008... depending on when that term started and ended, he very well could have been out and back in NY at the times of all 4 disappearances of these women (as long as he was out by July 09 when Melissa went missing). Anyone know how to find out the exact dates of his incarceration in FL? I doubt he's connected to this case but it's worth looking into further. I totally agree that all possibilities must be considered.

Thanks for posting WM!

Sidenote, after looking at the dates of all 4 disappearances again, I still strongly believe these murders must have some seasonal significance and that the killer either owns or rents a summer home in the gilgo beach area.

YW spvernin!

The other links in the thread didn't work so i have no idea the time of his incarceration. Also, just because he was sentenced to 18 mos doesn't mean he was incarcerated the entire time. Reduced time for good behavior? Not sure if FL gives credit for that. I know NC does.

I want this sicko caught! Amber Lynn Costello is the same age as my DD and is from
Wilmington, NC where we live so this hits close to home for me!

wm

YW spvernin!

The other links in the thread didn't work so i have no idea the time of his incarceration. Also, just because he was sentenced to 18 mos doesn't mean he was incarcerated the entire time. Reduced time for good behavior? Not sure if FL gives credit for that. I know NC does.

I want this sicko caught! Amber Lynn Costello is the same age as my DD and is from
Wilmington, NC where we live so this hits close to home for me!

wm

The article did say he "served an 18 month sentence in 2008" but that may not necessarily mean he served the entire sentence. Could have ended up being reduced, as you suggested. I'm sure it's public record on FL state websites.

I agree that this guy needs to be caught ASAP or he's going to do it again, perhaps in another state. Gotta keep this page alive and active so it stays on top. If we all put our heads together, we may be able to see something LE has missed.

BTW, What's a DD? Sorry, I'm new to the board lingo.

No problem at all!

DD = Dear Daughter
DS = Dear Son
DH = Dear Hubby
DBF Dear Boyfriend

and so on lol!

wm

SurfieTX, thanks for researching and posting those links. It sounds like we can rule this sicko out as a suspect. He was released in July 09 but was under a year long house arrest in FL. Melissa disappeared in July '09.

With that said, I know from experience that sometimes exceptions are made as I once had an employee under house arrest. (He was a good hearted kid but was in trouble in school) I would call his PO and ask if he could come to my house to mow my lawn and clean my pool and his PO would approve it.

I don't know if such arrangements could be made for a billionaire on house arrest to leave FL to travel to NY to handle personal or business matters. I guess it would depend on who's hands he greased.

Also, My ex hubby ( my children's father) was serving time in NC. His mom died and her funeral was in AL. Can you believe the darn judge was going to release him to travel across state lines by himself to attend the funeral. My Step daughter, his child by his first marraige called the judge and stopped it. She told him, if you release him he will run and you'll never see him again. (Thank goodness because i was scared of him)
So I know such things do happen.

here's a link to wikipedia about JE.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein[/ame]

wm

ps. I almost spewed diet coke on my keyboard when I watched the deposition link you posted where he walked out after being asked if his pee pee was egg shaped when erect! Sounds like he is sensitive about his anatomy...wonder if he would kill a prostitute for commenting or teasing about such a thing. I can't believe this weirdo only served 13 months in prison.

Food for thought....

OMG! He did go to NY during house arrest!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...ffrey-epstein-billionaire-pedophile-goes-free

During Epstein’s term of “house arrest,” he made several trips each month to his New York home and his private Caribbean island. In the earlier stage of his sentence for soliciting prostitution with a minor—13 months in the Palm Beach Stockade—he was allowed out to his office each day.

UN EFFIN BELIEVABLE!!!! (pardon my french)

wm

Ok so there's a serial killer with a hidey hole in NM where the bodies of 11 prostitutes were found in the desert. JE has a home outside Santa Fe. How close is this to where the bodies were found?

There's a serial killer with a hidey hole in LI where four bodies of prostitutes were found. JE has a home in Manhatten.

He served his time in Palm Beach Stockade. Whatcha wanna bet DNA was NOT collected from him?!

OT Thanks for all your help. I'm battling a bout with the dreaded flu and am a bit out of sorts due to the meds.

wm

All of the Mesa victims are petite too. One was 15.

It is 1 hr 10 min from Santa Fe to West Mesa. Could be less for JE since the article said his mansion was outside Santa Fe. I tried to post a map but it didn't work.

You are right about the NM girls! This is getting downright weird!

Lots of people commute to/from Santa Fe every day to near where the bodies were found. It is only about an hour on the interstate.

Seems like I read the NM home was built in 03 but am not sure where I read it. (It could be the cold meds working on me:)

In the meantime, this is a very interesting article...

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_7912/

OT Hi cluciano! I love your 'title' of poster. I may have to borrow that one, LOL!

wm

Great sleuthing, guys. I'm gonna look more into this guy when I get a moment, but today has been crazy. Looks like he had opportunity... how on earth are you able to go to other states while on house arrest? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Just because you're loaded and happen to have houses in different areas of the country.... ridiculous. Keep me updated!

No way this guy Epstein is involved. A man with his connections and money does not get his girls from Craig's List.

No way this guy Epstein is involved. A man with his connections and money does not get his girls from Craig's List.

You are right Pinkhammer! His staff does it for him.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mone...culous-sense-of-humor-about-pedophilia-2010-7

Staff troll for fresh recruits to make sure Epstein had two or three massage appointments each day

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mone...f-humor-about-pedophilia-2010-7#ixzz1EsZ7vJf9

I believe it was The Daily Beast Article which stated he paid the girls 200.00 for their services, they were paid more depending on how far they were willing to go. This amt is nothing compared to his net worth.

The high priced girls are probably reserved for impressing his billionaire friends.

I like exploring all options. And while it is unseemly that he would be a killer, we just don't know the extent of his kinkiness. Maybe he likes the choking game and these girls deaths were unintended, who knows? He could be a wolf in sheeps clothing. He is described as a narcissist so he probably feels like he is above reproach or suspicion!

BTW, I was appalled and sickened by some of the comments at above link condoning this sickos criminal behavior.

Respectfully,
wm

p.s. I highly doubt that he would be the person disposing of the bodies. He would have one of his henchman do it. I still feel the origination of the burlap could be from having artifacts shipped from overseas.

They are still extreme cases, the vast majority of prostitutes don't experience that. The cases that make the news make the news precisely because they ARE extreme, you don't hear about the others.

Btw, that first link you provided to support your argument reported LE as saying this: "Noble said investigators didn't find any evidence the women working as prostitutes were victims of human trafficking. ".

yes, the one link regarding the one case le did not find a link.
in the link with the article to the van pulled over in the next county over they did indeed find victims of sex trafficking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper