Identified! NY - Manhattan, LIVING girl, 14-17, amnesia, Oct'09 - Kacie Peterson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've never done a post before, so I hope I'm doing this right. I don't think it is Kopetsky. Look at these other two girls. The facial features are much closer in terms of teeth, mouth, nose, jaw, eyes and bagginess under eyes.

Katerina, in particular, would be early twenties and there are alot of resemblances. I'm a very part-time sleuther and don't know who to direct attention about this to, but these two are very close...

http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/ekaterina-shcherbakova.html

http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/page.jsp?itemID=27044275

I agree that it's not Kopetsky. The only thing I see that is close is the mouth in Kara and JD. I think the first girl is worth looking into.

I would say this was definately a good match. The only problems I have is the ears and top lip don't match too much.

Attachments

• NY 1-4.jpg
    NY 1-4.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 86
Just a quick note- I haven't had time to read the whole thread sorry so IDK if its been brought it up yet?
But in case noone has mentioned it before, one of the main characters in the book she is quoting is known as 'Amber'. The 'Fool' referred to in the title pretends to be a woman named Amber in other books.
chances are thats not her name at all?

I've seem a couple of fraud cases over the last few years with almost the same facts. One even occured today in Illinois: http://www.wsiltv.com/p/news_details.php?newsID=8490

I am predicting that she is older than 18 and faking.

I thought of that possibility, also. However, doctors and psychiatrists who have had the opportunity to examine her believe she is truly suffering from amnesia. So I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt until it is proven she is a fraud.

Here's an interesting article and video about another teen with amnesia:

http://68.71.208.15/Health/Story?id=7733704&page=1

gitana, that is a very interesting article! Kayla even has a vague resemblance to our unknown girl....This article is the first time I've read Kayla's story, and it is surprising to me that this type of amnesia isn't as rare as I had previously thought. The first comment under page 1 of the article is from a mother whose daughter also experienced the exact same thing.

I hope this girl is identified quickly. Y'all have been throwing out some really, really good suggestions. Katerina's resemblance is certainly eye-catching, although I do see some minor differences. Definitely worth checking out!

I've never done a post before, so I hope I'm doing this right. I don't think it is Kopetsky. Look at these other two girls. The facial features are much closer in terms of teeth, mouth, nose, jaw, eyes and bagginess under eyes.

Katerina, in particular, would be early twenties and there are alot of resemblances. I'm a very part-time sleuther and don't know who to direct attention about this to, but these two are very close...

http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/ekaterina-shcherbakova.html

http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/page.jsp?itemID=27044275
I don't think she is either one of these girls. She is clearly not Heather, their noses don't even look close. There is some resemblance to Ekaterina but I don't think it's her. Although I think she resembles Ekaterina much more than some of the others suggested. Not so much the actual photo but the age enhanced image.

I posted the same thing in Amber Dubois's thread in the Missing forum but I had the same thoughts too, especially about the nose.

However, there are some definite similarities--height, hair/eye, age, interesting to note possible Amber name connection. If she's been living on streets, abusing drugs, drinking heavily etc., that could explain for the aging conditions on face (puffier, heavier eyelids) but the nose shouldn't change that much.

Oh well, at the very least Amber Dubois gets some more coverage and someone may recognize this Amber or Unknown as their own.

I also seriously doubt the nose would change shape so much because of whatever living conditions.

well one way to rule out if this is kara is to obtain dna sample from this girl and compare to karas dna if its available or at least use mitocondrial dna from the mother of kara? jmo

ok what about ROTC? maybe she is a youth (Btw i'm 26 and i believe she has teenage qualities about her, just appears to look a little older as well) and\ she may be gay, i've seen the attire, wore it myself many a moon ago :) also the military styleish hair, so what about that? Anyone thinking maybe an ROTC program?

ok what about ROTC? maybe she is a youth (Btw i'm 26 and i believe she has teenage qualities about her, just appears to look a little older as well) and\ she may be gay, i've seen the attire, wore it myself many a moon ago :) also the military styleish hair, so what about that? Anyone thinking maybe an ROTC program?

My guess is she could be older than 17.
They are just guessing her age, so for all I know, she could be in her late teens, early twenties.

I would agree that at this point, her age is not much more than a guess. Some of the best indicators of age are bone fusion, and other things that they just can't check on a live person.

Has anyone found out how they decided she isn't faking it? Some people are very good at convincing others of almost anything. If she is gay and her family rejected her, maybe kicked her out, would that be traumatic enough to make her forget who she is?
Sorry, this case intrigues me and, if it is fully legit, makes me wonder how many other missing or runaway kids are in the same situation, still out there on the streets, not knowing who they are.

I hope whoever this girl is will be reunited with her family. Wonder if they tried hypnosis or other unusual means to jog her memory, to get any clues as to her identity.

There is a phone number for LE in Perth in the news article. I tried to call but unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how to make international calls using my cable phone service. (It's awful to be old lol.)

Post the article link or # and someone can call. I am on vaca in FL and can't make international calls...but we have people here that can, and sleuthers in that area, I'm sure. TIA.

Post the article link or # and someone can call. I am on vaca in FL and can't make international calls...but we have people here that can, and sleuthers in that area, I'm sure. TIA.

there is that one poster named Jane of Oz wonder if she will help? I believe she is in Australia

From the article I posted earlier
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,,24720489-2761,00.html

The girl's name:
Teegan Gartrell, who also uses the name Kayla Clayton... (snip)

Contact info:
Anyone who can help police locate Teegan should call Crime Stoppers on
1 800 333 000

Thank you Christine!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members