GUILTY NY - Martha Stewart for lying about stock sale, NYC, 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting... wonder if they are working on grounds for a retrial? - so they are delaying the sentencing for now.

Cass...........definitly looking for re-trial...............I think it's absolutely stupid....like who in hell cares........................she got caught in the Enron Scandal!
xxxxxxxxxxo
mama

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBP9VQ7FWD.html

"U.S. District Judge Miriam Goldman Cedarbaum said there was "no reasonable likelihood that this perjury could have affected the jury's verdict."

The judge said "overwhelming independent evidence" supports the jury's guilty verdict.

The decision paved the way for the celebrity homemaker to be sentenced next week for lying about a 2001 stock sale. "

Well 5 month is better than a year ++ :eek: can you imagine?

I wonder if she will get a minimum security... solitary for her protection? any special perks?

It's considered most likely she would go to the fed pen at Dunbury CT which is female and minimum security. She's free till her appeal is heard which the CTV lawyers said means at least a year. Anyway here's a story about what Danbury is like.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2001877291_martha12.html

"Her living situation would depend on whether she is assigned to Danbury's barracks-style prison camp or traditional cellblock housing. Either way, the queen of fine living would find things very different at Danbury.

She would be ordered to turn over all belongings upon arrival. Wedding bands are allowed, although Stewart is divorced. She would be strip-searched.

"There's a guard. It's not too private. It's in this little alcove," said Joyce Ellwanger, 67, of Milwaukee, who served time last year for the same protest as Hartjes. "The guard will tell you to squat and cough. Your clothes will be sent home."

Stewart then would receive her room assignment.

"When you hear this door slam behind you, you walk into a place full of sadness, bitterness and emptiness," said Susan McDougal, who served time in several prisons — though not Danbury — for refusing to testify in the Whitewater investigation.

"She's going to spend the first part of her time realizing life pretty much is over. You're getting broken down," McDougal said. "You understand that you're on somebody else's schedule, somebody else is in charge and nothing is yours."

If there is room in the 200-person prison camp and her probation officer's report recommends it, Stewart would be sent there. If not, she would be sent either to a two-person cell or to a shared cubicle within a wide-open dormitory.

The walls are plain concrete and cannot be decorated. Inmates can personalize their space by hanging up to four photographs in their lockers. Stewart, who advises visitors to her Web site to search out bed linens with high thread counts, would not enjoy such luxuries"

She's tough, probably do a book. I feel sorry for her assistant who doesn't have her resources.

Seriously, if Martha indeed goes to a tough prison maybe she will give classes to the other prison ladies to pass the time.

:cool: Martha will do just fine. :) She didn't get to the top in a mans world by being a push over..!~! :snooty: She will have to adjust no doubt. She will be in for a rude awakening true... :eek: She will adjust and move on..!! :cool: SHE IS MARTHA STEWART... TOUGH AS THEY COME..!! :cool:

HI SHOW ME..!! HOW YOU DOING KIDDO..!! :blowkiss:

Checked out Bloomberg Info....she gets 5 months in prison and five months home confinement. Has to wear "bracelet" the last five months. Must spend 1 full day confined at home each day and can spend 48 hours outside. Can go to work, church, etc. Her attorneys wanted the judge to suspend the bracelet, but she said no, she had to wear bracelet that monitors her whereabouts.

Maybe, just before she heads to the big house, Martha will make a very generous donation of new towels and linens, for each inmate. That way, when she gets there, she will have her own comfy sheets! :D

Sprocky... even the finest sheets won't add much comfort on a 2 inch foam mattress!

I predict Martha will not only do fine, but she will emerge as even more formidable of a business competitor. She's going down as one of the premier women of our time.

She's even going to teach us how to take the knocks in stride. :)

Its the principle of the thing. For someone worth millions, she tried to save $150,000 on some insignificant stock that happened to be connected to a friend of hers. I say let her do the time. She'll be a celebrity with guards and inmates alike. Probably won't have to put up with the insults and fights and come-ons other inmates have to.

Casshew said:
Sprocky... even the finest sheets won't add much comfort on a 2 inch foam mattress!
Your so right Cass! I forgot! She could also make a generous donation of new mattresses for every inmate, as well as those "memory foam" mattress pads! I just love mine. :D

Nancy Drew said:
I predict Martha will not only do fine, but she will emerge as even more formidable of a business competitor. She's going down as one of the premier women of our time.

She's even going to teach us how to take the knocks in stride. :)
imho, she's a Borderline Personality. More proof for my opinion: her statements on the courthouse steps, after she was sentenced.

Sprocket said:
imho, she's a Borderline Personality.

What does her personality border? What is she similar to, or what is her behavior similar to with regard to other dysfunctional people?

vicktor said:
What does her personality border? What is she similar to, or what is her behavior similar to with regard to other dysfunctional people?
I've spoken on this subject many times. You can find my post on Cluster B's in the PL, buried several pages back. Imho, I believe Martha Stewart has Borderline Personality Disorder. BPD. Classification: APA DSM-IV & DSM-IV-TR Axis II, (Cluster B). Other Cluster B's: AntiSocial Personality Disorder (APD; aka sociopath; psychopath); Narcisistic Personality Disorder (NPD); Histronic Personality Disorder (HPD). These are disorders, they are not mental illnesses.

Hope that clears up any confusion you may have had, about my post. :D

martha will appear on larry king live tonight, monday july 19, to speak about her sentencing. (maybe we should merge the 3 martha threads?) martha may well be in protective or administrative custody so she does not have to be exposed to the other inmates, for various reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back