NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the dog:....the relevance is did the dog bark?...a dog close to its owner would be barking incessantly and even neighbors would probably hear it....was the dog at home?...when the cops got there, was the dog still in a panic?....

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time...if the dog didn't bark, why not? Was it dead? Did it know the person? Was it locked away somewhere? Did it run away?

I agree. Our dog is not the sort to carry around, but she's very keen on our absences. I've gone out the front door to the mailbox while my husband is working in the garden, stayed out talking to someone for five or ten minutes, and the dog has gone to bark at my husband to let him know I'm not yet back.

Logic would be the son would have been awakened by the dog whining or barking in the morning, asking to be let out at least. That we've not heard about the dog makes me wonder.

Another poster opined that it's possible the dog may have been dropped off before she went out that evening at a boarder/sitter in anticipation of their trip to meet her husband & eldest son. Could be

do they though? we are seeing a lot of unnamed sources in articles discussing this but I haven't heard from LE that she was specifically waiting on someone at the bar. LE has said very very little. the rest IMO is speculation from reporters racing to scoop one another all using unnamed sources that may or may not know what they are talking about. MOO IMO

Now that you mention that, I guess I assumed that LE said she was waiting for someone but I could have misinterpreted or trusted the source too much. I agree that reporters are competing with each other and manipulating words and sources so their information seems new to the eager public.

The poster LE has put up seems to indicate that LE has fixed the time of death to around 12:30am. Which means the perp stayed around for 3-4 hours before they are filmed dragging the duffle down the street. Who could feel comfortable for 3-4 hours after just violently attacking someone? What do you do for 3-4 hours inside somebody house?

I feel the killer called someone else for help. A plan was hatched text messages were sent a body was removed and the plan failed.

Of course if LE wants to question a specific person because something bad happened, and they go right to that person's residence or work, and without explanation nobody can find said person... That might be a clue that they are on the right track.

The dog … violent dog thefts of $ breeds are now a thing. Idk dog breeds at all … was her dog “valuable” in market price? Moo

The dog looks to me like possibly a cockapoo: i.e. a mutt with a cute name. Darling dog, but I can’t believe that stealing him for profit would be a credible motive, even though crimes are committed for ridiculously small amounts of money, sometimes.

MOO

So someone could have actually followed her or lay in wait when she returned home that night?
They are oddly specific about the time- 12:40am. not around midnight, or between 12:00am and 1:00am.

There must be some other video or forensic evidence they haven't released (of course there always is).

NYC cops seek man they believe had affair with killed mom Orsolya Gaal

Cops want to question a man they believe had a past romantic relationship with slain Queens mom Orsolya Gaal and specific knowledge of the family’s home,

Samson Cornejo, whose father owns 5 Burro Cafe on Austin Street, said Gaal was a regular at the watering hole but added that he’s not sure if she was there late Friday.

“Her house is a 10-minute walk. … She comes here, y’know, she’s been here before. She used to come with some Russian ladies,” Cornejo told The Post on Tuesday.

“I saw the bag, where they found it, after I left that night. I drove by it after leaving here. I couldn’t believe when I heard. It smacked me when I saw her picture!”

I wonder if she was being blackmailed by someone.

Maybe that's why she might have agreed to meet.

IF it's a previous romantic relationship and she ended it, he may have threatened to expose her to her husband. Also, speculation: she had become increasingly afraid of him and eventually agreed, after his threats, to meet him at the bar that night.

They are oddly specific about the time- 12:40am. not around midnight, or between 12:00am and 1:00am.

There must be some other video or forensic evidence they haven't released (of course there always is).

She may have had a fitness tracker of some sort. The cessation of data would be exact time.

ETA: If I recall correctly, she has posted her steps during the pandemic.

Last edited:
I wonder if she was being blackmailed by someone.

Maybe that's why she might have agreed to meet.

Also, IF it were a previous romantic relationship that she ended, he might know of her prior connection to the incarceration of an individual (the text references to distance himself) who may now be released.

In the wide open first reporting there were suggestions of targeted at presumed critic of Vladimir Putin. Under that scenario I saw MOO public dumping was part of intimidation campaign … coupled w diplomats’ lack of fear of arrest. No follow up on that lead in media so I presume it’s good as dead ? but still did at least have alt explanation for treatment of body

I feel like far out political scenarios such as this one are the go-to clickbait scenarios for rags these days. I assume this "lead" was never followed up with because it was baseless. jmo

I thought the same that the wheels broke.
No regular bag is supposed to be carrying such a weight as a body. It would make sense when the wheels broke the person could not drag it anymore and just abandoned it.
Given the timing, I think there is a fairly decent chance the 4:47 am Q54 bus was stopped (or approaching) the light at the intersection of Metropolitan and Union Turnpike. If he noticed it behind him as he made his way under Jackie Robinson Parkway overpass, he might have decided to drop the bag and run. MTA busses have pretty up-to-date cameras on them, front and back.

Given the timing, I think there is a fairly decent chance the 4:47 am Q54 bus was stopped (or approaching) the light at the intersection of Metropolitan and Union Turnpike. If he noticed it behind him as he made his way under Jackie Robinson Parkway overpass, he might have decided to drop the bag and run. MTA busses have pretty up-to-date cameras on them, front and back.

Great sleuthing!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member