Found Alive NY - Rachael Mattice, 24, Wells, 22 June 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, like Jaycee.

Throughout the two weeks searching for Rachael, I kept thinking about the long-term abductions and what was overlooked when the victims went missing and stayed missing.

20/20 tonight - Five years after escaping from the kidnappers who held her captive for 18 years, Jaycee Dugard discusses her new life and reintegration into society.

JMO
This is so strange. I don't know what to think. Something sure doesn't sound right.

I could see this going either way at this point. Either someone did take her and held her or something more voluntary occurred with someone she knew.

I think the information they did provide is what is causing the main frustration for the public. They have contradictory statements and made this much worse than it needed to be. Statements like this below causes this to be more of a mystery than it had to be. If they wanted to let LE do investigation and not share a lot of what happened then some of these statements should not have been stated the way they were by different people. Things like this in this article.

First we see this

""We are determined to find out who did this and bring them to justice," State Police Capt. Robert Patnaude said"

Then there is this right after that

"There is no manhunt and no request for the public to be on the lookout for any person, Abrams said."

Well which is it? You are either looking for the guy or you are not.

Then we see this

"Wendy Mattice said she could not tell many details about what her daughter told her, but said she was not surprised."

What is meant by not being surprised? I would be totally surprised at all of this if my family member was abducted and held?
So what does this mean?
And why in the world can she not talk about any of the details or at least generally say what happened?
If LE told her she must be quiet then say that at least.

She doesn't have to provide anything specific but don't leave the public hanging with a statement about not being surprised. We are now surprised that she is NOT surprised!!!

It makes this unnecessarily mysterious now.

And then to add this

""She's in and out of it. She's O.K., She talks, and then she cries,"

What? No she is not OK if she is going in and out and crying .

Wanting privacy is one thing and that would all be fine and dandy and even if LE wants to keep things under wraps until they complete their investigation but IMO they absolutely errored in the way they put out this information. Now they do owe the public more because of the things they threw out to the public like a big mystery puzzle. Nadda. You have to now give at least a couple more pieces before you can just ignore the public.

http://m.timesunion.com/local/article/Breaking-Rachael-Lynn-Mattice-found-safe-8342819.php

I have learned a new word today, and this seems like the perfect time to use it!
It all seems a bit 'hinky' to me. :thinking:

It took a long time for Jaycee Dugard to talk about all that happened to her and understand "it's not her shame". Jaycee has nothing to be ashamed of and nothing is her fault. Bless you Jaycee for being so courageous and strong, and sharing your story with us.

What's striking to me (lol, one of the things that's striking to me!) is the complete lack of urgency by LE. I don't think I've ever seen a case where LE was so ho-hum, don't want to talk to us today, no worries, we'll wait until tomorrow. Just rest this weekend, we'll get a sketch artist sometime next week.

LE has people who are trained and experienced at gently taking statements from traumatized victims. Memories fade, they don't become more distinct with time. Getting information from the victim as soon as possible is crucial.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I will trust her until anything else comes out. And why are so many people hostile?
Regardless, she has problems. My guess, right now, is someone she knew..

I will trust her until anything else comes out. And why are so many people hostile?
Regardless, she has problems. My guess, right now, is someone she knew..
Skeptical is not the same as hostile.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Police trying to identify suspect in case of Johnstown resident Rachael Mattice - LeaderHerald.com

[...]
"Her description will be reviewed and provided to a police sketch artist, who will then follow up with Rachael for as close a rendition as possible that she can remember of her abductor," Abrams said in a news release. "Once completed, it will be released."

Police said Mattice was dropped off a few blocks from her mother's home around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday and she walked to the house from there.

She was evaluated at Nathan Littauer Hospital in Gloversville later that day and released.

Police have provided no description of the vehicle.

Police said the public is in no danger, but they are asking anyone who observed vehicles or suspicious activity Wednesday between the hours of 12:30 a.m. and 1 a.m. in the area of Cayadutta and Warren streets to contact the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office at (518) 548-3113.
[...]
More@link:
http://www.leaderherald.com/page/content.detail/id/603770.html

Wishing Rachael the support she needs at this juncture... Until I hear otherwise from LE, it doesn't behoove me to doubt her :moo:

Our words have power, as do hers.

I have faith in LE.

The truth will come to light.

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please remember there is a very good chance Rachel and her family will read everything written here.

No matter what happened Rachel will need help but the good news she is home and safe.

Ask yourself if you would be able to stand in front of Rachel and her family (in this scenario they know your real name) and say the same things you are posting? If the answer is no then please do not post anything negative.

Until we have proof of anything else Rachel's case is over with and the outcome is a good one.

If nothing was amiss ( I know, conflicting reports) at the campsite and family suspected abduction right away, it sounds like it was someone they all knew. If she was targeted or being stalked ( maybe why she was as campsite-hiding) that would explain some of the police statements--and why no one else needs to be concerned. Moo.

If nothing was amiss ( I know, conflicting reports) at the campsite and family suspected abduction right away, it sounds like it was someone they all knew. If she was targeted or being stalked ( maybe why she was as campsite-hiding) that would explain some of the police statements--and why no one else needs to be concerned. Moo.

But if that were true, why would she only be able to give a "sketch" "if she remembers?" That makes no sense to me.

But if that were true, why would she only be able to give a "sketch" "if she remembers?" That makes no sense to me.

The "if she remembers" seems to be the reporter's words and not a direct quote attributed to another party. Paraphrasing, in my opinion. It's been reported that Rachael's memory was spotty in the immediate hours-to-days after her return. More details may come to her as she gets some rest and has time to process things.

Also, I've seen some pretty specific sketches come from people who "can't remember" specific facial features. Sometimes it's a deductive process. A victim or witness might remember the most general details (color of eyes or facial hair, for example) when the sketch artist is usually quite skilled at extracting details the victim or witness hadn't realized they remember (eye shape, close set or wide set, hooded lids, type of beard), etc. My own opinion, of course.

Maybe Rachel was drugged/sedated while being held captive?

I am handling how I think of Rachael's case like I would a rape victim or a victim of child abuse. I have to believe what the victim is saying. To do any less would set our fight for these victims back into the days where these victims were seen as less than human or liars and I refuse to be party to that. I lose nothing by believing her and being proven wrong, I lose a lot by assuming she is lying and being proven wrong.

I am handling how I think of Rachael's case like I would a rape victim or a victim of child abuse. I have to believe what the victim is saying. To do any less would set our fight for these victims back into the days where these victims were seen as less than human or liars and I refuse to be party to that. I lose nothing by believing her and being proven wrong, I lose a lot by assuming she is lying and being proven wrong.

Agree. But let's not forget that every false claim hurts the cause.

So if an abduction story is iffy. Then let's hope the investigation carries out before more news.

Now I think the police should have simply stated that she was found and we will update when needed. Jmo.

This will tell the public something without implicating anyones wrong doing. Jmo.

Now if the police isn't believing everything as of now.

Then they should simply state; Thank you for the help and if we no longer further update this; Then this means that all was taken care of. And this situation is on a healing point as of now. Jmo.

But they honestly shouldn't drag it on if this was a hoax. Jmo.

And if it wasn't a hoax. Then update when you can; Once a perp is now being looked for. Jmo

The joy we need to be celebrating is Rachael has returned home, in one piece and appears to be unharmed physically. Is it necessary that we know initimate details of what happened, if anything did occur? No, she does not need to reveal personal details to the public. What can we do about it other than satisfy our curiosity? We will hear them, and go on. She may be the type of person that will have a difficult time ever forgetting or forgiving. Then to know the news was broadcast to the "world", it may be too much for her to handle. I can understand this.

I agree with you all that it would be nice to know about the actual disappearance/kidnapping/abduction. Perhaps It would help keep another child safe. On the same hand, Rachael may be in such a traumatic state, she has shut down to keep going. The police are known to keep things from the public during investigations, so as much as I want to know, this is a time I will celebrate the return of an alive young lady. It is grand to have Rachael home!

My opinions only.

Agree. But let's not forget that every false claim hurts the cause.

So if an abduction story is iffy. Then let's hope the investigation carries out before more news.

Now I think the police should have simply stated that she was found and we will update when needed. Jmo.

This will tell the public something without implicating anyones wrong doing. Jmo.

Now if the police isn't believing everything as of now.

Then they should simply state; Thank you for the help and if we no longer further update this; Then this means that all was taken care of. And this situation is on a healing point as of now. Jmo.

But they honestly shouldn't drag it on if this was a hoax. Jmo.

And if it wasn't a hoax. Then update when you can; Once a perp is now being looked for. Jmo

I do see the main point but the next time I hear someone (anyone) call wolf- I'm surely going to listen. Who knows what this young girl has been through. If she was in the same clothes and lost weight (she is already thin) than something less than good happened here. Yes, we can refer to other cases but this is Rachael's case. No two are alike, really. I'm just so happy this story had the ending it did- could have been so much worse for all, especially her. She is alive- here! Here!

I do see the main point but the next time I hear someone (anyone) call wolf- I'm surely going to listen. Who knows what this young girl has been through. If she was in the same clothes and lost weight (she is already thin) than something less than good happened here. Yes, we can refer to other cases but this is Rachael's case. No two are alike, really. I'm just so happy this story had the ending it did- could have been so much worse for all, especially her. She is alive- here! Here!

Yes, better to heed to the cry of a wolf than to ignore and be eaten by a wolf.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back