Found Alive NY - Rachael Mattice, 24, Wells, 22 June 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it's good information to have. Being on the lookout for a smoker means seeing him buy or smoke cigarettes. Smelling like a smoker though - no special skills needed. It's a great observation.

He kind of looks like that freak who shot up the planned parenthood.

i wouldnt jump to the conclusion that there was no urgency, they have to work with the victim and whatever issues they may be going thru. i would imagine they are doing the best they can.

I agree however they said that the public is not in danger and that there is no manhunt almost immediately after she returned home. IMO, sounds like someone who targeted her specifically for whatever reason.

Just to mention a theory I haven't seen discussed here. And I can't speak to how good of a possibility it is, because I'm not familiar...

Is anyone here familiar with dating sites and/or dating apps (i.e. Tinder)? When you make contact with someone don't they communicate specifically with you in the app and not through your personal email? I'm just asking because it seems it could have been possible Rachael was using these sites and made contact with someone she thought was a young man in the area. LE may know this (or not -- password protected on phone if not?) which could be why they think he targeted her specifically, but he was probably using a fake/name photo which is why she does not know his identity.

It could explain why he lives in the area and he may have been stalking her.

I don't know...just a suggestion. I don't think it's a particularly offensive one either because dating sites are so commonplace these days and literally anyone can be on there acting like someone they're not.

I'm surprised they didn't use more up to date technology for that sketch. There are some great programs out there that make it more lifelike and not cartoonish.

You read my mind lol!

It happens so often, which is surprising. I only became aware of how awful some reconstructions/sketches were when I started visiting the UID forum here at WS. CarlK (our member and moderator for the UID forum) is a master at them.

And remember, AH deliberately gave a wrong description because she was terrified of Kibby, and that was a condition of her release. He knew where she and her family lived. I know RM is older, but still...

That said, I could picture a bearded "santa" looking person living in a camp in that environment. He looks like a mountain man much like the recluse bomber dude (what was his name?).

edited

That said, I could picture a bearded "santa" looking person living in a camp in that environment. He looks like a mountain man much like the recluse bomber dude (what was his name?).
Unabomber? Ted Kazinsky (sp?)

There is a public Facebook page in support of bringing Rachael home. Now that she's home people are using it as a means to find justice. Some recently shared an image of an area RSO who looks similar to the sketch. They did say they reported it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a public Facebook page in support of bringing Rachael home. Now that she's home people are using it as a means to find justice. Some recently shared an image of an area RSO who looks similar to the sketch. They did say they reported it.

I just looked through the RSO databases for 3 area counties and there are a few who fit the description - age, hair, beard, height, weight. It could also be someone not yet on LE's radar. The area around the camp is rural and isolated. There are people who like to live up in those hills, who don't get out to socialize much. Hopefully, someone recognizes him from the drawing.

Interesting...

I remember reading that she came home wearing the same clothes but did we ever learn if she went missing that night or the next day? The next day, I would think she would have changed but maybe not...depending on work or not.

Sent from my SCH-I545

IIRC, they said the early morning hours of the 23rd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back