Found Alive NY - Rachael Mattice, 24, Wells, 22 June 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, I should have made it more clear: I was not talking about anyone here, but comments on social media.
Thanks for the clarification. Agree, SM has been extremely hostile, especially from locals.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Regardless. Something happened. This was out of character.
Does anyone else remember the girl/ young woman who went missing some years ago and was found by her own parents on a Florida Police station doorstep?
If I remember correctly there was nothing but sympathy and respect after she was found.
Why not for this girl? (again, I am not talking about comments on this forum, but social media)

Does anyone else remember the girl/ young woman who went missing some years ago and was found by her own parents on a Florida Police station doorstep?
If I remember correctly there was nothing but sympathy and respect after she was found.
Why not for this girl? (again, I am not talking about comments on this forum, but social media)

BBM

I'm not familiar with the Florida case...were there mental health issues? I think people are much more sympathetic when there psychiatric problems, especially if they were publicized as part of the search.

I think the BBM part is what people are questioning. It's not uncommon for the family of a missing person to not publicize negative information, even when the negative info is relevant. IMO, a mistake, because such information can focus a search and guide an investigation. When things are hidden and the public gets emotionally invested, there's a risk of people feeling like they've been taken advantage of. I think there might be some of that going on here. Comments from locals seem quite a bit worse... moo

But if that were true, why would she only be able to give a "sketch" "if she remembers?" That makes no sense to me.
Drugged.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I honestly feel like many of the nuts on SM would have rather that she was abducted and murdered. Its more juicy for them. But they have lost their "Big finale" that they crave and now this girl bears the brunt of all of their anger.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think you guys are talking about Ivy Merck. Her family read here (IIRC her brother became a member). She ended up reading here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pardon me for quoting myself. I haven't figured out how to edit my post on this tapatalk app yet. Here's an article. Web Sleuths is mentioned: http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crim...y-disappearance-camden-woman-home-her-parents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall this story; thanks for posting. I think this is what happened with Rachael.

ETA: A brief search on FB led me to Ivy's page and it appears she's doing very well and recently got married <3.

BBM

I'm not familiar with the Florida case...were there mental health issues? I think people are much more sympathetic when there psychiatric problems, especially if they were publicized as part of the search.

I think the BBM part is what people are questioning. It's not uncommon for the family of a missing person to not publicize negative information, even when the negative info is relevant. IMO, a mistake, because such information can focus a search and guide an investigation. When things are hidden and the public gets emotionally invested, there's a risk of people feeling like they've been taken advantage of. I think there might be some of that going on here. Comments from locals seem quite a bit worse... moo

I think her name was Ivy.I am NOT sure.

A comment on a recent article suggested kidnap for ransom. That would make all of the oddities make sense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"Had the smell of a smoker" - would lead me to believe that she was blindfolded (i.e. he WAS a smoker would lead me to believe that she observed him smoking)

"Had the smell of a smoker" - would lead me to believe that she was blindfolded (i.e. he WAS a smoker would lead me to believe that she observed him smoking)

But if she observed him smoking, she would have just said he was a smoker. IMO, it sounds like she was blindfolded and kept secluded somewhere (basement, outbuilding, etc.) and only was visited by him periodically.

It seems she saw him in order to create this sketch and also ID what he was last known to be wearing. Maybe he smelled like a smoker but she just never witnessed it.

Gosh he looks to me like a real mountain man that could be somebody living up in those mountains!

So this guy can potentially have some other people kidnapped or out looking and there was no urgency to get this info out?

So this guy can potentially have some other people kidnapped or out looking and there was no urgency to get this info out?

i wouldnt jump to the conclusion that there was no urgency, they have to work with the victim and whatever issues they may be going thru. i would imagine they are doing the best they can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back