NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree that it's possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long Island. Severe blizzard conditions starting tomorrow.

My issue with john b is the manner of death. Is it typical for serial killers to have such variation in the way that they kill? I am open to changing my mind if anyone can give examples of sks with a variety of method and disposal.

Island One Resorts operates eight resorts in Florida:

Barefoot Resort

Bryans Spanish Cove

Liki Tiki Village

Orbit One Vacation Villas

Parkway International Resort in Orlando

The Cove On Ormond Beach

Charter Club Resort of Naples Bay

Crescent Resort On South Beach.

http://www.redweek.com/resources/ar...icle&utm_source=newsletter&&utm_campaign=july

Island One, Inc.

Western Reserve acted as financial advisor to Island One, Inc. in its reorganization by Timeshare Acquisitions LLC.

Island One, based in Orlando, Florida, is one of the largest privately-held timeshare developers in the U.S.

At the time of the transaction, the company had grown from a single site to an organization that had acquired, developed and

re-developed nine properties in Florida and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Island One’s affiliate, Club Navigo, allowed customers to gain

access to a larger network of 29 affiliate resorts.

http://wesrespartners.com/island-one-inc-2/

Screenshot from Floridas official website

https://www.myfloridacounty.com/

Attachments

• IslandOneIncBittrolff.jpg
    IslandOneIncBittrolff.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 171
My issue with john b is the manner of death. Is it typical for serial killers to have such variation in the way that they kill? I am open to changing my mind if anyone can give examples of sks with a variety of method and disposal.

Here's an interesting FBI report that I think will answer your question:
FBI Report Serial Murder: Pathways for Investigations - FBI, Behavioral Analysis Unit 4, National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group, Federal Bureau of Investigation. (I listed some bullet points below and BBM that I think may be relevant to Bittrolff hypothetically; from VI. Offenders Who Changed Pathways, p.40)
View attachment SerialMurder-PathwaysForInvestigations(3).pdf

From pp. 40: "In an effort to avoid or delay detection by law enforcement, the offender may change certain activities from one murder to another. Within our sample, 48 offenders utilized different pathways in their murder series, accounting for 293 victims. Some serial killers do not want law enforcement to know they are actively killing victims because this increases their risk of being detected. If there is no active investigation, they are free to continue their activities uninhibited. Also, widespread attention by the media highlighting that a serial killer is operating will make it more difficult for the offender to find more victims. Additionally, an offender may also change pathways for other reasons to include:
• The first disposal technique was too risky.
• Exigent circumstances (offender was interrupted).
• Available resources at the time of the murder.
• Publicity in the media identifying a particular disposal location or scenario.
• The presence of law enforcement near the disposal area.
• For personal reasons or some intrinsic need of the offender."

Jmo

Wonder what the publicity was like when Rita and Colleen were found? Not being from area, I have no idea. Also were they lInked in the media?

JB must have a shop somewhere. Where did he work out of?

I also think Bittrolff possibly has a summer home/cabin upstate, maybe he goes hunting etc...but yes, if he's in construction trade and owns business, he should have workshop outside of LI home and LE should be able to locate his work sites from contracts and main office/Jmo

Wonder what the publicity was like when Rita and Colleen were found? Not being from area, I have no idea. Also were they lInked in the media?

I think both Rita and Colleen were found within months and believe it was publicized back then, but will try to find some links.

....and...bittrolf is here in the Lisk thread.....boom.

I meant this thread is in the long island serial killer forum

12-17-2014, 02:51 AM #252
deedee21

MindWhisper, where did you get all this info from? Have you passed it on to LE?

Deedee21
I posted links showing where i got the information from, so I dont know if your first question is just a rhetorical one or if the links are not working on your end.
In regards to your second question: There are plenty of LE that read these postings for leads etc; so no.

12-17-2014, 07:53 PM #253
marble

MindWhisper, I second both questions.
All the reviews of Intelligator say the site's a scam that bills credit cards without permission so I urge everyone to think twice about signing up for a "free" trial there. That said, how in the world are they (if they are) able to get their hands on phone IP logs over a number of years? Unless they've hacked the NSA records there's no way they'd be able to have that kind of surveillance info. IMO.

Marble, the answers to your second motion on Deedee21's two questions are on my reply to her.

The claims you made about having to hack into NSA records in order to obtain ip info are simply outlandish.

The reason that Im addressing this assertion is because It bothers me that others may read your post and receive it as truth.

IP addresses are located in the header of every email sent fwd and received; excluding outlook.

To really understand what an email header is, you must see one. Here is an example of a full email header*:

Return-Path: <example_from@dc.edu>
X-SpamCatcher-Score: 1 [X]
Received: from [136.167.40.119] (HELO dc.edu)
by fe3.dc.edu (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 4.1.8)
with ESMTP-TLS id 61258719 for example_to@mail.dc.edu; Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:40:10 -0400
Message-ID: <4129F3CA.2020509@dc.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2005 11:40:36 -0400
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: <modsnip> <example_to@mail.dc.edu>
Subject: Business Development Meeting
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

http://whatismyipaddress.com/email-header

On the third line from the example above you will see

Received: from [136.167.40.119]

the numbers in the brackets is the ip address of the sender.

If there are more than one set of numbers following the words Received from, then the last set are from the sender.

Most of this is hidden from view, but when you click the word "more" by the header; its revealed and is not only legal but is mandatory per FCC Law.

When the ip is plugged into any one of the many free ip locator sites; it reveals the coordinates of a general geographical location, internet service

provider and other info such as routing etc. No magic, no NSA hacking, just general public information.

Hi Mindwhisper,

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I think you've dug up a lot of interesting info in all of these threads and things to think about.

That said-

I know what email header info is and how that all works, but my question still stands: *emails between two parties are not public information* so how do these free people search sites get at the IP address info embedded in private email headers if they aren't the recipient of (or privy to) those emails? The only way someone who isn't the person I'm emailing could see my IP info is if my email was intercepted (for example: my metadata was collected and sold by my internet service provider to a third party, I was hacked, etc.)

Unless I was the recipient of the sample email you cited above, I wouldn't know it was sent from a Boston College server.

What am I missing here? (It's possible I am not fully grasping something that I should be aware of, in which case I'll be very embarrassed since issues surrounding internet security, encryption, web anonymity, and hacking are of enough interest to me that I attend a number of panels and conventions about these topics each year).

Email aside, the larger point is that IP addresses show a general location, and two unrelated IP's, belonging to two unrelated individuals or entities, can show the same general location when plugged into an IP locator. In other words, the IP location is not the precise location of the internet user, but rather the location of a provider antenna/tower. If you plugged my IP into a locator, and also the IP of an individual unknown to me who is serviced by the same provider, the geographical location for both of us might be a match. In my case, the location is six miles from my home.

Yes, bessie makes a very good point as well. In addition there are differences in the ways that various ISPs assign ip addresses. Also many ips are dynamic (subject to change each time a connection is made) although some are static (a dedicated IP that doesn't change). All of these variables, along with the fact that it (supposedly) requires a warrant before ISPs hand over IP address information for their customers, make it difficult for me to believe that there's any legitimate publicly accessible way for someone (or rather, someone who's not employed by a government agency that collects metadata) to link both ip addresses and geographical locations based on ip addresses to any of the victims or POI.

For example, as an admin here bessie is probably able to see an ip address attached to every post we make. Some of those addresses will be relatively static across posts for any given user (or may cycle between a few addresses depending on whether someone is posting from work, etc.) and some of the associated addresses may change all of the time (I think AOL users' addresses constantly change, or at least they used to). But bessie can't actually attach a specific person to the ip based on this information. She can't find out my real name, or my home address, or anything all that specific. For that she'd need to go to court and try to force my ISP to turn over their customer records, which would link my name to my ip information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back