NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So JB is no longer in jail?? Wow! Quite a scary thought. Glad I live much further south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well honestly, if he's guilty, I doubt he's gonna kill anybody at this point while trying to prove he's innocent

What I've heard is that only one of the bodies had his DNA, and it had other samples as well. But one of the bodies didn't have his DNA on, Colleen or Rita. I don't really believe this. I've never doubted Bittrolff's guilt, he is exactly the type of person who I thought LISK would be, but if the POI in the Tangredi/McNamee murders was actually Burke's partner that makes me go Woah! hold on. I still think Bittrolff is guilty, but can anyone find a news report that states his DNA was on BOTH Rita and Colleen? Because then I'll know that the info I got was wrong

What I've heard is that only one of the bodies had his DNA, and it had other samples as well. But one of the bodies didn't have his DNA on, Colleen or Rita. I don't really believe this. I've never doubted Bittrolff's guilt, he is exactly the type of person who I thought LISK would be, but if the POI in the Tangredi/McNamee murders was actually Burke's partner that makes me go Woah! hold on. I still think Bittrolff is guilty, but can anyone find a news report that states his DNA was on BOTH Rita and Colleen? Because then I'll know that the info I got was wrong

Interesting. *If* that rumor is true then it's quite possible JB is only guilty of having had relations with one of the dead women before she was murdered. That would be quite the bombshell. I'm interested in knowing if this is true or not myself.

edited to add:
according to early newsday articles, JB's semen was found in both victims.
DNA (or at least his DNA) wasn't found on the body of the third woman who was killed similarly which is why he wasn't charged in her death. Maybe that third woman is the source of the confusion/rumor, unless the papers got it wrong or were misinformed.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-be-found-1.8937832+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Thanks marble, that is what I thought I remembered. In that case I do not think the rumor is true and I think it comes from Bittrolff's family who are convinced he is innocent

Youtube neighbor suspect in two cold murders like the mayor.
Bittrolff's attorney will throw it all out there to see what sticks. Then they wait and hope a couple of dopes are on the jury.
Remember that case in Florida? Baez hired a woman to help in jury selection. She has a knack for spotting individuals you could sell a bridge to.

Are you sure he was released? Not seeing anything on the court file & no news of it on any local news outlets.

Are you sure he was released? Not seeing anything on the court file & no news of it on any local news outlets.
Well that's weird, you are right. The summary now is just adjourned/remanded. Yesterday I copy/pasted the "released on recognizance" text directly from the appearances link result, so I wonder if it was just a clerical error that's been changed?
dunno.

Update on Bittrolff trial:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...in-23-year-old-killings-in-suffolk-1.13003198

"Documents turned over last week by a Suffolk prosecutor show that among the many suspects in the killings of two women more than 20 years ago were a Suffolk police sergeant who is now a lieutenant and an officer who was later fired and charged with threatening to rape and mutilate women."

"
The papers Keahon got Friday showed that two of those men were former Officer Teddy Hart, 57, and Lt. Michael S. Murphy, who was then a sergeant."

"
Hart was fired in 2001 and pleaded guilty to aggravated harassment after an investigation showed he called women and threatened to rape and mutilate them."

What about this Teddy Hart guy? This is the first I have read about him, so forgive me if he has been discussed elsewhere. Has he been investigated for LISK?

Well that's weird, you are right. The summary now is just adjourned/remanded. Yesterday I copy/pasted the "released on recognizance" text directly from the appearances link result, so I wonder if it was just a clerical error that's been changed?
dunno.

I think it was an error. I really doubt they'd let him out

I really doubt that an individual charged with two murders would be released on his own recognizance.

I really doubt that an individual charged with two murders would be released on his own recognizance.

yeah, definitely a clerical error that was fixed soon after.
3/20 was Adjourned/remanded, 4/17 look forward to more of the same.

What about this Teddy Hart guy? This is the first I have read about him, so forgive me if he has been discussed elsewhere. Has he been investigated for LISK?

That guy is interesting...... but what about the other guy? Why no info on why he was a suspect ..... his patrol car was found to have wood shavings in the pasenger seat?....

And .... then no other information.... was at the time a Sargent. ..now a lieutenant of SCPD........ why has info on why he was investigated managed to dissapear?

Yes so Whilst Teddy Hart is interesting ...... a still serving member of SCPD as a previous suspect has my curiosity nerve twitching...

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...in-23-year-old-killings-in-suffolk-1.13003198

Trial is heading into week two according to the schedule.
Nothing in the news so far. Being unfamiliar with criminal trials, has the jury already been selected etc. ? Has the trial itself with testimony and evidence started? If so, it's been weirdly quiet in terms of media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES
Back