NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I doubt JB will plead out. I hope he is charged with three murders if he goes to trial.

I've tried to find out whether a pretrial plea bargain for murder cases is possible in New York state. I couldn't find information in either way (probably because I have almost no professional legal information, so I don't know where to look in the first place.)

But "if" it is possible for murder cases, I bet real money that he will.

Leah Cuevas? Possibly her too.

Would be great to hear some law pros here.

Interesting comment by his cousin....geez I'd be concerned making comments like that....could beg the question: How do you know he had sex with them?

http://www.longislandpress.com/2014...d-for-90s-murders-suspected-in-3rd-cold-case/

Marble is following the case closely and truly interesting to see what is going on. I feel like he will plead to Aggravated Manslaughter in the First Degree for two counts and he will not even be arraigned for the third murder. I just hope he is not exonerated.

The cousin's picture is wrong cause clearly he is talking like only an inner city African American would. Refer to the comments on another thread.

The cousin's picture is wrong cause clearly he is talking like only an inner city African American would. Refer to the comments on another thread.

Not sure what you mean PickleChris ....Definitely his profile pic.... links back to his current page. Also not sure what comments or "other" thread you mean. Do mean this was discussed on the #1 John Bittrolff thread?

Marble is following the case closely and truly interesting to see what is going on. I feel like he will plead to Aggravated Manslaughter in the First Degree for two counts and he will not even be arraigned for the third murder. I just hope he is not exonerated.

State laws are defined in State Statutes

New York State Laws are defined in the New York State Statutes.

According to New York State Statutes there are 2 degrees for Aggravated Manslaughter; First and Second Degree.

New York State Statute 125.22 defines Aggravated Manslaughter in the First Degree.

125.22(1) Intent to cause serious physical injury to police or peace officer and cause death

or

125.22(2) Intent to cause death of police or peace officer but under influence of Extreme Emotional Disturbance

New York State Statute 125.21 defines Aggravated Manslaughter in the Second Degree.

125.21 Recklessly cause death of police or peace officer

Its not possible for him to be charged with Aggravated Manslaughter in either degree unless Rita or Colleen was a police officer or peace officer because the two degrees of this law apply only to one who kills a police officer or peace officer

http://www.nycourts.gov/judges/cji/2-PenalLaw/125/art125hp.shtml

State laws are defined in State Statutes

New York State Laws are defined in the New York State Statutes.

According to New York State Statutes there are 2 degrees for Aggravated Manslaughter; First and Second Degree.

New York State Statute 125.22 defines Aggravated Manslaughter in the First Degree.

125.22(1) Intent to cause serious physical injury to police or peace officer and cause death

or

125.22(2) Intent to cause death of police or peace officer but under influence of Extreme Emotional Disturbance

New York State Statute 125.21 defines Aggravated Manslaughter in the Second Degree.

125.21 Recklessly cause death of police or peace officer

Its not possible for him to be charged with Aggravated Manslaughter in either degree unless Rita or Colleen was a police officer or peace officer because the two degrees of this law apply only to one who kills a police officer or peace officer

http://www.nycourts.gov/judges/cji/2-PenalLaw/125/art125hp.shtml

Thank you so much for your effort.

I hope they don't let him get away.

It was discussed that the LISK had to be an African American in another post because of his 'lingo' when prank calling. The cousin was talking in the same 'lingo. I was just backing up my comment on that. Sorry can't find the link.

It was discussed that the LISK had to be an African American in another post because of his 'lingo' when prank calling. The cousin was talking in the same 'lingo. I was just backing up my comment on that. Sorry can't find the link.
Whos cousin? Also, JT received about 30 calls. I dont think we should expect direct quotes. It may be how he articulates what was said to him. His own lingo.

JB is charged with the murder of two women. Will he ever be charged with the murder of the third victim? Only time will tell. If hes not then let that be a sign of SCPD INCOMPETENCE. They should not expect technology to do all the work for them. Bodies and body parts have been dumped around the Island for some time. Where are the arrest? Their track record stinks.

if you believe LISK and Atlantic City are connected, then that rules JB out for both due to DNA, so that means put that to bed?---The crazy "coincidence" of the rita's daughter and melissa being best friends could just be that, a "coincidence"-----although I never much cared for those--stronger "coincidences" exist for A/C and LISK, with Costello being the apex is at least 2(facebook friends with Dilts and possibly knowing Raffo due to a vacation run-in)

I dont think Dilts and Raffo knew Costello. Its a rumor with no basis.

So what eventually got him caught was his DNA left on Rita and Colleen .... even though the wood chips link him also to Sandra Costilla - he left no DNA on her... wonder if someone else's DNA was found on her though..

Does anybody know where Sandra Costilla went missing from???

if you believe LISK and Atlantic City are connected, then that rules JB out for both due to DNA, so that means put that to bed?---The crazy "coincidence" of the rita's daughter and melissa being best friends could just be that, a "coincidence"-----although I never much cared for those--stronger "coincidences" exist for A/C and LISK, with Costello being the apex is at least 2(facebook friends with Dilts and possibly knowing Raffo due to a vacation run-in)
Criminal,

I'm not understanding this post. Was there dna found on the AC four or any of the oak beach victims? I've never heard that so I don't see how JB could be ruled out based on DNA.

Criminal,

I'm not understanding this post. Was there dna found on the AC four or any of the oak beach victims? I've never heard that so I don't see how JB could be ruled out based on DNA.

dna on atlantic city vics, no match to this JB (assuming they put his DNA into the system after arrest, it would have popped a match in CODIS/NDIS for the A/C murders--so if you believe A/C and LISK are tied, that rules him out as the killer for BOTH--doesn't eliminate for just LISK yet, though(just means the single killer theory for A/C and LISK doesn't lead to this JB)

dna on atlantic city vics, no match to this JB (assuming they put his DNA into the system after arrest, it would have popped a match in CODIS/NDIS for the A/C murders--so if you believe A/C and LISK are tied, that rules him out as the killer for BOTH--doesn't eliminate for just LISK yet, though(just means the single killer theory for A/C and LISK doesn't lead to this JB)

Were did you find info that they have the killers DNA in the AC4 case?

Once suspect in the AC4 case Terry Oleson offered his DNA, and a sample was taken but the police never got back with a result of the test, neither positive nor negative, and that even though TO's lawyer for years have asked for the result over and over again in order to clear his client.
IMO that point to that they have no DNA.
I also remember reading somewear that a AC detective said the water were all AC4 victims were found in had destroyed possible DNA.

Sometimes DNA is requested as a scare tactic trying to break a suspect. It probably was destroyed by the water but LE figured it was worth a shot.

Were did you find info that they have the killers DNA in the AC4 case?

Once suspect in the AC4 case Terry Oleson offered his DNA, and a sample was taken but the police never got back with a result of the test, neither positive nor negative, and that even though TO's lawyer for years have asked for the result over and over again in order to clear his client.
IMO that point to that they have no DNA.
I also remember reading somewear that a AC detective said the water were all AC4 victims were found in had destroyed possible DNA.

they would not have asked for a DNA swab, hair and pubic hair if they didn't have something

Adjourned/Remanded again a couple days ago on July 22nd. Next appearance is Sept. 2, I guess they are taking an August vacation. No changes in charges etc. Still only two counts of murder. July 30th will make it a year since his first court appearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold case momma
Back