NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The thing about DNA in general in a lot of these cases is that even if they have DNA they still have to match it to someone in the system.
I wonder how many serial predators/killers would be caught if the U.S. managed to process it's absolutely mind-boggling backlog of untested rape kits. That's thousands and thousands of potential DNA samples and studies have shown that a very small percentage of men are responsible for the bulk of sexual assaults on women, but that small percentage attacks *a lot*.

"Repeat Rape and Multiple Offending Among Undetected Rapists"

http://www.davidlisak.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/RepeatRapeinUndetectedRapists.pdf

Very good post

Houston clears DNA backlog of 6,663 untested rape kits
http://gawker.com/850-dna-matches-found-as-houston-clears-rape-kit-backlo-1687619379

If they are not going to test those rape kits, why taking it in the first place? They could simply save the victims from further trouble just by not poking them with swab tips.

Related recent article from Pro Publica:
http://www.propublica.org/article/t...-that-can-catch-rapists-almost-nobody-uses-it

"The FBI Built a Database that Can Catch Rapists [and serial murderers] and Almost Nobody Uses It"
A long, good read. Of interest is the comparison to Canada, which has a similar system that's heavily used and credited with catching serial killers there.

I'd double check all of that info. Suffolk County likely does not use a national DNA database, so who the hell knows if it was checked against any DNA that may be available from Nassau County bodies or Atlantic City bodies, and also vice versa, I am not confident that Atlantic City cross examined whatever DNA material they might have against whatever Suffolk County may have. It's kind of amazing, the giant gaps and loopholes that exist in these systems.

they would not have asked for a DNA swab, hair and pubic hair if they didn't have something

Arrr yeah they would.... to later compare with a sample - when and if they actually ever come up with a DNA profile.

I need to write a script that will auto-post "Adjourned/Remanded" to this thread.

so yeah, last court appearance on 9/2 was more of the same, be sure to tune in again on 11/11 for my next Adjourned/Remanded thread bump!

How long can a case like Bittrolffs take before it finally goes to trial?

:::drumroll please:::

nope. "Adjourned/Remanded".

Next appearance Dec. 10th for more of the same.

Today's update in court :

"Adjourned/Remanded".

Next appearance Feb 10th - I'm sure we'll all be on the edge of our seats until then.

Today's update in court :

"Adjourned/Remanded".

Next appearance Feb 10th - I'm sure we'll all be on the edge of our seats until then.

This is getting so ridiculous. :(

Has anyone determined if there is a connection between Kim Raffo and Bittrolff? From what I remember they lived within blocks from each other in Mastic. I don't think this is another coincidence.

Just popping in to see if there is any news... can't believe no one has been caught yet.

Read a few recent posts and noticed someone mention about a relative of Bittrolff living close by at some point in time to one of the victims....not sure if it's the same relative...but this relative had an aerial picture of ocean pkwy (above the area where Shannan and other bodies were found on his facebook taken from a sea plane. He removed just that picture from his facebook in the week or two after John was arrested - which I found curious. He didn't delete any other photo's apart from that one. 9I wish to god I had screen shot the pic at the time) There is still one picture of the sea plane in his photo's where it is on the water. What it means...possibly nothing...but again why did he remove those pictures and what was his special interest in taking that picture.

I remember these images from the sea plane and think they are significant. Have you seen the photos that seaslug44 posted that look like they are from a seaplane? They looked like the same type of photos. What type of plane takes these photos?

Has anyone determined if there is a connection between Kim Raffo and Bittrolff? From what I remember they lived within blocks from each other in Mastic. I don't think this is another coincidence.

Hawk, can you elaborate on the rumor you posted that the victims of Bittrolff had 2 dna samples on them. I am very interested in the possibility that Bittrolff had a partner. I think the home for wayward girls refers to Vision Ministries Open Arms:

here is a small portion of their mission statements, this a SMALL excerpt not the entire thing so hopefully can remain up.

"The purpose of Vision Ministries - Open Arms is to create a home for young pregnant women and young women with children.

We are a faith based ministry who wants to provide a safe loving home for these girls. We will help them to grow in faith by teaching them the love of God. By doing so they will regain self respect and confidence in themselves and trust in God. These women are in threat of being homeless or are in fact already homeless. Some even contemplate suicide, some even turn to prostitution and some think abortion is the only answer. We will not force anyone to go to church or Bible study, the choice will be theirs. But we will pray with them and let them know they can attend when they are ready."
http://www.rjdwebdesign.com/visionministries/index.html

I feel there may be a connection between this home and the unidentified Mother and Toddler victims.

This is the poem that was on the Fake FB profiles for the victims. Now considering the poem is written by an obscure christian poet Ann Weems, I think whoever made the profiles is religious. I think there could be a connection between he Vision Minitsries and the Fake profiles, considering the Ann Weems poem.
here is the poem, it actually makes me feel sick when i read it within the context it was posted:

“If I could, I’d write for you a rainbow And splash it with all the colors of God
And hang it in the window of your being
So that each new God’s morning Your eyes would open first to Hope and Promise.
If I could, I’d wipe away your tears And hold you close forever in shalom. But God never promised
I could write a rainbow,
Never promised I could suffer for you, Only promised I could love you That I do.”

There is a comment on a lisk blog about how John Bittrolff is rumored to have worked construction at Oak Beach and also was familiar with some of the residents. Has anyone heard this rumor? I still think Bittrolff is a pretty strong suspect for LISK, no way he stopped killing in 1994 and one of the Manorville males is dumped a hundred feet from one of his victims of the LIE. Did Bittrolff have a partner? There are a lot of things about Bittrolff that are so suspicious, like the Vision Ministries fitting a description of a home for wayward girls and his Mastic Beach childhood home just blocks from Raffo. Anyone heard any new theories about Bittrolff lately or the rumor that he's connected to OB?

A woman went missing upstate NY in the 80s. A composite of a POI in the area looks just like a picture Spota held up of Bittrolff when he was much younger. I will direct you to the article when I find it again. I find it hard to believe he would have stopped killing. Long Island had three serial killers in the ninties. Ripkin, Schaffer, and Bittrolff.

Don't forget about the other Serial Killer from Long Beach, who dumped victims in his own Laundry bag. I forget his name, it, like most things, is buried somewhere on this god forsaken forum

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back