NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me a little bit about how namus info is posted? Who actually does the posting? LE?

RM being last seen pulling out of the driveway on June 14th whether it was 2:50 AM or 2:50 PM is news to me.

Namus also says that it was reported on June 15th. I thought it was reported 5 PM on the 14th.

Sorry I lost my last post. WS was busy and laptop conked out.
I find the manner of search confusing. Why wait 3 weeks?
Where are his friends?

I want to know more about the car seat. Was it pushed forward as if a shorter person was driving it, or was it pushed forward including the backrest, as if something was taken from the back seat?

He had an older car, and I remember with my first car - an '88 two-door - that I'd often throw my stuff in the back seat, and then when I got out, I'd lift the latch to make the entire seat shove forward, and the backrest would flip forward diagonally. I'd often leave it like that when I left the car. Then when I got back, I'd just push the backrest part back and the rest of the seat would shove back to where I'd had it while driving.

I'm short with short legs, and can definitely tell when someone's been driving my car!

So to me, this makes all the difference in the world. Did he get carjacked / did the car get stolen by someone shorter? Or was the entire seat forward as if something was in the back? And if so, did they shove it back to see what size person might have been driving it beforehand?

I think this could be a huge clue. Everyone talks about how he was a big guy and not a 'target', but it doesn't matter how big you are if a gun is in your face.

Sorry I lost my last post. WS was busy and laptop conked out.
I find the manner of search confusing. Why wait 3 weeks?
Where are his friends?

Other searches have been done, although I don't know how well they were publicized or organized. The first one took place on a friday morning and it was only posted (on Facebook) a day or so before. According to his wife, the police did search Pilgrim State with dogs but did not find anything. Several people have searched on their own as well but I doubt someone would hang out in the woods for a few weeks.

By the police saying they don't think anything criminal has happened, the prevailing theory is that he has simply gotten up and left and I just don't see any evidence otherwise. He could have been putting away money and a "go" bag for some time so why would he hide out in the woods? Makes more sense that he would hop a train to somewhere else to lay low.

Other searches have been done, although I don't know how well they were publicized or organized. The first one took place on a friday morning and it was only posted (on Facebook) a day or so before. According to his wife, the police did search Pilgrim State with dogs but did not find anything. Several people have searched on their own as well but I doubt someone would hang out in the woods for a few weeks.

By the police saying they don't think anything criminal has happened, the prevailing theory is that he has simply gotten up and left and I just don't see any evidence otherwise. He could have been putting away money and a "go" bag for some time so why would he hide out in the woods? Makes more sense that he would hop a train to somewhere else to lay low.

My opinion only............ I agree.

Wonder where RM is actually from ? If he's from LI, are any of his family/long time friends coming forward ? Showing concern ? jmo Also, RM's wife stated that she had been shown (by LE ) a surveillance video of a store near the station parking lot. She never said what she saw though...

"Mayer is a lifelong Long Island resident. He grew up in Old Bethpage and has lived in Dix Hills for nearly 20 years… “

http://commack.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/local-dad-missing-on-fathers-day

Old Bethpage is a 15 minute drive from Dix Hills — very close.

I'm not finding msm or any reports or indications that anyone in Robert's family (besides his wife) or his current friends have gone public at all. I'm not saying they haven't, but I can't find anything. I just don't get it.

I'm sure LE must know by now, but I'd like to know if either Robert or Ida have a criminal background, and if so what type. A thorough search that includes a maiden name should be done, imo.

I'd like to know how their finances are. Were they getting along previously? How was their marriage at that time? Any life insurance policies? Did either have enemies we or even LE doesn't know about? No judgment here. But, at the risk of defensiveness from people close to the Mayers and people who empathize with each of them, I think questions like this need to be asked and researched thoroughly.

How was he getting along with his boss? His coworkers? Could he have given someone from Brooklyn a ride out to the island?

Oh, and I take the phone being reported as dead to correspond with the time when Ida stated (on fb, or news 12, IIRCC) she could no longer reach Robert by phone because she said it would only go to voicemail and also when the last ping reportedly occurred. But, I can't be sure of this either.

Does anyone have a link to msm indicating Ida spoke for 45 minutes at 9am on the day Robert disappeared? If this I true, then like Talula, that's odd on all levels. I wonder if the night before Robert disappeared Ida and Robert had a problem that needed to still be talked out on Friday morning, if in fact they were on the phone for that long. In this video, right off the bat, Ida begins to say, "...It was at this time two weeks ago that we were talking "out"/about our plans to Italy...". Freudian slip? Or nothing?

http://commack.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/week-in-review-search-continues-for-robert-mayer

Like someone stated earlier that if all the circumstances were the same, but the wife went missing, we would be looking into this differently. If I had to take a guess, I would say that at the least, Ida may have been holding back that there was a problem between her and Robert or involving something about them, and that if she told LE and the public she might be afraid that people wouldn't look for Robert because they would have assumed he left on his own. The possibilities are many, and I'm still on the fence about every possible scenario.

I wonder if LE inquired about the whereabouts of his passport...

This interview with the wife did nothing to dissuade me from the thought that Robert Mayer made it home after work that day. <modsnip>

Just another inconsistency.. His wife has said that the cell phone's last ping was at 1:45PM in Huntington but was shut off at 2:45. How would they know that? The only way to know if a cell phone is on is whether or not it transmits a signal to the tower (like it did in huntington). What other way could they know the phone was off unless they they had the cell phone in their possession? Doesn't make sense?

Just another inconsistency.. His wife has said that the cell phone's last ping was at 1:45PM in Huntington but was shut off at 2:45. How would they know that? The only way to know if a cell phone is on is whether or not it transmits a signal to the tower (like it did in huntington). What other way could they know the phone was off unless they they had the cell phone in their possession? Doesn't make sense?

It may be that the last ping was at about 1:45pm while the last time Ida said she tried to call him was at 2:45pm when it went straight to voicemail. That's what I got from it. It may be something. It may not.

It may be that the last ping was at about 1:45pm while the last time Ida said she tried to call him was at 2:45pm when it went straight to voicemail. That's what I got from it. It may be something. It may not.

From her quotes in the paper, she didn't call until 5 when she started to worry..

I'm not finding msm or any reports or indications that anyone in Robert's family (besides his wife) or his current friends have gone public at all. I'm not saying they haven't, but I can't find anything. I just don't get it.

It was actually a friend's post on FB that brought Robert Mayer to this forum. A friend of that person is a member and asked us to post.

Maybe they meant to say 1:45 is when they where able to triangulate a signal and get a specific location. Or the first time his phone pinged off the Huntington tower. There must be a reason why they say the phone was off at 2:45. The cell phone company should be able to tell them when it stopped pinging.

<modsnip>

Couple of pieces of information in the video/accompanying article that speak to a few things being discussed:

Snips from article and Bolds by me - "Mayer made a tearful plea for her and her two children, who attend Commack School District, Friday before neighbors and friends embarked on a search party near the Deer Park train station, where his car was found that night."

"She said that her husband drove his red 2004 Pontiac into work, where it was also seen by coworkers, but police found his vehicle that night at the Deer Park train station."

There has been discussion on when his red car was found and by who. These 2 quotes seem to indicate it was found Friday night by police.

"Ida said that police were last able to track Mayer's cell phone signal around Route 110 in Huntington, while he was on his way home around 1:45 p.m."

My opinion is that this must have been the "last" ping from his phone. Wife has reported that the phone went dead around 2:45. So, seems someone disabled the phone (no more pings) sometime between 1:45 and 2:45. Seems to me there is an action intended to stop cell tracking at that point.

This case sure is having twists and turns for being one with very little "official information" being reported by LE or media. Is there a local investigative reporter digging into Robert's case?

The article in the link above seems to indicate that RM's car was found by police at the train station that Friday night.

Maybe they meant to say 1:45 is when they where able to triangulate a signal and get a specific location. Or the first time his phone pinged off the Huntington tower. There must be a reason why they say the phone was off at 2:45. The cell phone company should be able to tell them when it stopped pinging.

I read somewhere that the cell phone with RM was a work phone. It is possible that the company was able to provide information on pings.tracking. Some companies have a program on their phone system that can provide much info. - I am only suggesting as a possibility as I have no idea if his company had such.

Whatever is identifying the 1:45 as last location - it seems that some action was taken to stop that tracking.

I read somewhere that the cell phone with RM was a work phone. It is possible that the company was able to provide information on pings.tracking. Some companies have a program on their phone system that can provide much info. - I am only suggesting as a possibility as I have no idea if his company had such.

Whatever is identifying the 1:45 as last location - it seems that some action was taken to stop that tracking.

where did you read this?

Hello All,

I am brand new to this website. I live in Dix Hills and obviously became interested in what happened to Robert as we are members of the same community. I found this site while googling his name. I have Robert's "Missing" flier posted in my place of business. I have been a lurker for some time. Some of you are quite impressive in your analysis. I hope I may be able to contribute in a meaningful way.

One thought I've had regarding the lack of information from friends/family and the sometimes seemingly minor conflicts in information whether intentional or not, is the idea that LE may consider the fact Robert may also have access to the internet, where ever he may be. Could he be a lurker at the Facebook page that opens/closes/opens? Might he be reading this thread? Does LE have the experience in knowing they are able to draw someone out by grossly misstating facts or otherwise? Does the "seemingly" understated concern from friends/family agitate Robert and draw him out? Just a thought.

One big problem for me is the wallet. Exactly what time was it discovered? It is reported that he forgot it. As someone else stated, why no phone call from Robert to his home for a family member to check the whereabouts of the wallet? I can believe he forgot it, although in the garage seems strange to me. I can't believe it was never a concern throughout the day. If the wallet was discovered at say 10am, then we know he forgot it or intentionally left it. If it was discovered after say 2:00, then Robert may have made it back to the garage and met with some type of event in the garage where it was dropped and then "discovered". I think the time of the wallet discovery is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1