NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: new members Psychedelia and Clemenza!!!

Welcome to Websleuths Psychedelia and Clemenza.

Good first posts. Glad to have you contributing ideas and insights.

One thing that struck me as odd- though I am not convinced it means anything- is that when speaking of their daughter, the wife says, "My daughter’s 11. She’s in denial. She has a list of things for when daddy gets home that she wants to show him."

What, exactly, is she in denial about? She obviously isn't in denial about the fact that her daddy is missing- that's the reason she's making the list of things to show him when he gets home. So again, what is she in denial about? Maybe this is simply worded poorly, but it gave me pause. The only other obvious thing she could be in denial about is whether or not daddy is coming home- as she obviously believes he will be doing. How could someone who has no idea what happened to him be "in denial" about the fact that he's coming home?

Sadly, I think his wife knows more than she's saying. She seems to know enough to believe her daughter is in denial about the fact that her father is coming home. At least, that's how I took it. JMO.

The fliers say he was last seen in Huntington Station. That sounds to me like he left the highway on his way home. The most northerly highway he could have taken would have been Northern State Parkway, which intersects at Route 110 in Melville, not Huntington Station. It would be silly to take anything but the highways home from Brooklyn.

Would love to see all of the cellphone pings that day.

I'm glad you pointed this out CMac! I also was a bit puzzled when I read this sentence but couldn't quite put in words what exactly felt off. You are very right! Well spotted.

The fliers say he was last seen in Huntington Station. That sounds to me like he left the highway on his way home. The most northerly highway he could have taken would have been Northern State Parkway, which intersects at Route 110 in Melville, not Huntington Station. It would be silly to take anything but the highways home from Brooklyn.

Would love to see all of the cellphone pings that day.

The zip code 11746 covers a huge area. I live in 11746 Dix Hills. 11746 Huntington Station also exists. Often times when I provide my zip code during a purchase, I am asked if my address is Huntington Station? I also receive mail occasionally with the correct street address and zip code but, the wrong town. Point being....could a cell phone ping also indicate an inaccurate 11746? Could he have actually been in Dix Hills and not Huntington Station if the ping is associated with a zip code? It would be great to see the actual pings on a map and not from a phone service print out.

Hello All,

I am brand new to this website. I live in Dix Hills and obviously became interested in what happened to Robert as we are members of the same community. I found this site while googling his name. I have Robert's "Missing" flier posted in my place of business. I have been a lurker for some time. Some of you are quite impressive in your analysis. I hope I may be able to contribute in a meaningful way.

One thought I've had regarding the lack of information from friends/family and the sometimes seemingly minor conflicts in information whether intentional or not, is the idea that LE may consider the fact Robert may also have access to the internet, where ever he may be. Could he be a lurker at the Facebook page that opens/closes/opens? Might he be reading this thread? Does LE have the experience in knowing they are able to draw someone out by grossly misstating facts or otherwise? Does the "seemingly" understated concern from friends/family agitate Robert and draw him out? Just a thought.

One big problem for me is the wallet. Exactly what time was it discovered? It is reported that he forgot it. As someone else stated, why no phone call from Robert to his home for a family member to check the whereabouts of the wallet? I can believe he forgot it, although in the garage seems strange to me. I can't believe it was never a concern throughout the day. If the wallet was discovered at say 10am, then we know he forgot it or intentionally left it. If it was discovered after say 2:00, then Robert may have made it back to the garage and met with some type of event in the garage where it was dropped and then "discovered". I think the time of the wallet discovery is important.

Hi Clemenza,
Supposedly RM and his wife spoke via phone that morning,at around 9 am ...guessing the wallet came up then ? LE is saying there is nothing criminal to his disappearance. What are peeps saying in Dix Hills ? TIA

Yep I know, Clemenza, the AKA issues with zip code 11746. But Melville is 11747.

Yes, perhaps all we have is a zip code. The thing is, they were so specific by saying 110 in Huntington Station.

Another LI man went missing last year. I found this:

Missing Person: George Richardson - Daunting Questions Remain

in that article:
Three uncontrolled airports operate between Montauk and the Town of Southampton:

1. Montauk Airport
2. East Hampton Airport
3. Westhampton Airport - Francis S. Gabreski Airport

"There is virtually no way of knowing who gets on any aircraft. We don't look at identification, and the FAA has very little involvement with our operations." FAA stands for Federal Aviation Administration, a part of the U.S. Department of Transportation. "The only way to figure out which aircrafts came in is by looking at fueling records. If any plane, jet or helicopter fuels up here, then a record is kept."

http://www.huntingtonbuzz.tv/view_article.php?article_id=1053

Hi Clemenza,
Supposedly RM and his wife spoke via phone that morning,at around 9 am ...guessing the wallet came up then ? LE is saying there is nothing criminal to his disappearance. What are peeps saying in Dix Hills ? TIA

This is a weird one. The media has been giving very little info. Most of it is local news on the patch from the family.

I'm with Clemenza on this one. When my husband leaves his wallet home he calls and has me look for it. IM and RM spoke after he got to work and she thinks he left it because he was in a rush. The key word being "thinks" because she doesn't know for sure. Did they not talk about the wallet during that conversation?

There was also a missing boogie board the day George Richardson disappeared. Most people think he went in the water.

There was also a missing boogie board the day George Richardson disappeared. Most people think he went in the water.

I saw that, the interesting part from my link is about the 3 airports

This is a weird one. The media has been giving very little info. Most of it is local news on the patch from the family.

I'm with Clemenza on this one. When my husband leaves his wallet home he calls and has me look for it. IM and RM spoke after he got to work and she thinks he left it because he was in a rush. The key word being "thinks" because she doesn't know for sure. Did they not talk about the wallet during that conversation?

Possibly the word "thinks " there is her manner of saying that he actually did leave it because he was in a rush ? She also intimated that he didn't shave that morning ? Sounds like he got up late. What was he doing the night before ? Did he go out ?

As to ther phone convo that morning : that is where the answers to his disappearance could be found. IMO.

I saw that, the interesting part from my link is about the 3 airports

Unless RM is a pilot I don't think he left via plane at any of those airports unseen. Commercial jets are not taking off and landing there. We are talking small planes. He would have had to have rented a plane and hired a pilot.

I don't understand how or why the wallet was found in the garage. I think we can safely assume he doesn't keep it there. If he's in a rush and is running out the door with the wallet in his hand and then sets it down in the garage for some reason, does he forget to pick it up on the way out? Maybe that's where he puts on his shoes? He set the wallet down to tie his shoes and forgot to pick it up? It's strange to me. I've never left my wallet in the garage. It's my pocket or on my dresser. If I pick it up from the dresser, it goes right into my pocket. I think the information surrounding the wallet, (time of discovery, exact location in the garage, any conversation or not about it) is an important clue.

I don't understand how or why the wallet was found in the garage. I think we can safely assume he doesn't keep it there. If he's in a rush and is running out the door with the wallet in his hand and then sets it down in the garage for some reason, does he forget to pick it up on the way out? Maybe that's where he puts on his shoes? He set the wallet down to tie his shoes and forgot to pick it up? It's strange to me. I've never left my wallet in the garage. It's my pocket or on my dresser. If I pick it up from the dresser, it goes right into my pocket. I think the information surrounding the wallet, (time of discovery, exact location in the garage, any conversation or not about it) is an important clue.

Me too, been saying that all along.

Possibly the word "thinks " there is her manner of saying that he actually did leave it because he was in a rush ?

If the way it went was that he left his wallet because he was in a rush and then they talked about it on the phone because he realized it was missing, then I would think she would have said, "He doesn't have ID on him because he was in a rush that morning and left his wallet in the garage."

The way she talked about the wallet, it sounded to me like she and he did not discuss it. I could be wrong but that's the feeling I get from the words she chose when explaining that he doesn't have his wallet.

As to ther phone convo that morning : that is where the answers to his disappearance could be found. IMO.

You have me thinking.

Left in a rush in the morning, unshaven. Why?

Talked to IM when he got to work and the wallet is apparently not discussed. What was his state of mind that he either he did not even realize that his wallet was missing or, if he did know, he didn't mention it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x