NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great first post Jerry! Lots to think about. I'm glad you joined us to share your very well laid out thoughts.

Welcome to Websleuths Jerry !! Glad to have you in our discussion and a very good first post. Your post includes significant points and highlights many areas of uncertainty, as well as possibilities.

One point of clarification, in your post it says "Maybe he didn’t go right to train station from the last ping on the cell phone of 2:45pm." It's my understanding from reports that the last ping at 1:45pm. It was reported by his wife that the phone "went dead" at 2:45. Even saying this, I am not clear on how those times were determined.

As time goes along, I am leaning toward the notion that LE knows much more information than is being reported in media or by LE. I've wondered whether RM had shared anything (troubling personal issue) with a best friend, co-worker or neighbor. To my knowledge, there have not been any public statements indicating this happened. I have also pondered on whether he would be the type person to allow (by not contacting someone) the searching and worrying to continue. At the same time, there have been many cases where the missing person was "thought" to have walked away - only later to learn they had deceased and/or met with violence. One thing for sure, there are lots of questions, missing information, gaps and conflicting statements so far.

Is everyone absolutely convinced that it is impossible that he ever made it back to the garage after work? Is there factual evidence that rules that possibility out? I am not ruling it out. Please help me if I've missed something that proves he couldn't have done so.

I'm not absolutely convinced about any possibilities in this case. So far, looking at the fact details reported in msm by persons not directly involved in the case - ex. 3rd party reports - he could have been home or not Thursday night, come home or not Friday, or any combination in between.
The "facts" I feel convinced are accurate include:

1. He was reported to been seen (by co-workers) at his work site in on Friday, around 12:30pm.

2. There are pings associated with his phone Friday with last ping at about 1:45pm at a location closer to home/Deer Park train station than to his work site.

His red GTO car was found at Deer Park train station.

Any reports on today's searches?

I'm not absolutely convinced about any possibilities in this case. So far, looking at the fact details reported in msm by persons not directly involved in the case - ex. 3rd party reports - he could have been home or not Thursday night, come home or not Friday, or any combination in between.
The "facts" I feel convinced are accurate include:

1. He was reported to been seen (by co-workers) at his work site in on Friday, around 12:30pm.

2. There are pings associated with his phone Friday with last ping at about 1:45pm at a location closer to home/Deer Park train station than to his work site.

His red GTO car was found at Deer Park train station.

Any reports on today's searches?
===================================
Yes, my mistake, sorry, the phone went dead at 2:45pm, but last pinged at 1:45 at a location closer to home. When the phone pinged at 1:45 at a location closer to home, if he was going DIRECTLY home, he would have been home closer to 2pm. (I live in the area and know the roads/traffic conditions). It would have not taken longer than 15-20 mins from that general area.
So now the question is, why was he in the home area an hour early, as the wife stated he was due home at 3pm?

And what exactly does it mean that he was last seen at 12:30 by coworkers? Did he go to lunch at that time and never came back? Or was he sent home early because it was a slow day?

Without facts from the jobsite, schedules, details of conversations he had that day, etc....these are very difficult questions to answer.

I'm interested in who found the car at the train station, LE or family/friends as it was said in the News12 video.

If it was family/friends why did they look at the train station if he would never ever leave his car there?

But since it was there that the car was found why aren't people riding the trains and asking passengers if they saw him instead of searching in the woods?

Ok hi everyone,
This is my first post on any forum. The brainstorming is very intense on this site.
I really like the transparency of everyone's thoughts. Everything that has been previously mentioned has continued to bother me as well. hope this post satisfies the forum criteria, so here we go.
In thinking about the wallet, I believe had he forgotten it he would have asked the wife in the AM conversation. I'm thinking he arrived home, left the wallet in the garage, maybe put the bike in the car, took off to the train station. Why would a family member look for the car at the train station. The following link that mentions family member found car at train station:
http://www.longislandernews.com/papers/hills/news/news1.html

He may very well have told her he was leaving. IMO the person in " denial" is the wife. Given their financial situation, i.e. court case in 2007, the wife put everything in the husbands name.
Here is the link
http://longisland.blockshopper.com/property/47-26-89-284-000-0300-158-000-0000/23_leroy
Just find it very interesting!

I'm interested in who found the car at the train station, LE or family/friends as it was said in the News12 video.

If it was family/friends why did they look at the train station if he would never ever leave his car there?

But since it was there that the car was found why aren't people riding the trains and asking passengers if they saw him instead of searching in the woods?

One of the links confirms LE found the car.

Ok hi everyone,
This is my first post on any forum. The brainstorming is very intense on this site.
I really like the transparency of everyone's thoughts. Everything that has been previously mentioned has continued to bother me as well. hope this post satisfies the forum criteria, so here we go.
In thinking about the wallet, I believe had he forgotten it he would have asked the wife in the AM conversation. I'm thinking he arrived home, left the wallet in the garage, maybe put the bike in the car, took off to the train station. Why would a family member look for the car at the train station. The following link that mentions family member found car at train station:

He may very well have told her he was leaving. IMO the person in " denial" is the wife. Given their financial situation, i.e. court case in 2007, the wife put everything in the husbands name.
Here is the link
http://longisland.blockshopper.com/property/47-26-89-284-000-0300-158-000-0000/23_leroy
Just find it very interesting!

Welcome Toto

:thewave:

Thanks, just so curious why the article clearly states: "Family, friends and members of St. Anthony’s High School, from which Robert graduated in 1985, have begun searching near the Deer Park LIRR station. His GTO was found by family near the station, although nobody knows why."
So there are conflicting stories, once again, that family found the car or LE?

There are so many missing pieces to this case and the police keep saying this is not a criminal case which leads me to believe that he left voluntarily. The timeline is confusing. Did he leave in the early morning,come back to the house, go to work and than come back at 2:50pm?
The wallet being left behind is strange too. The phone call to the wife lasting 45 minutes. Were they arguing and is she withholding valuable infomation?
Did he have a secret stash of money hidden and wanted to start a new life and that's why his wallet was found in the garage.
Was he involved in anything illegal?
The search in the woods also seems strange . He's been missing over three weeks now. Is it a coincidence that he leaves the day after she buys tickets to Italy and they were supposed to leave today.
I think he wanted a new life and unfortunately this is the way he went about it. I feel sorry for the kids.

I also noted that in the article Toto2 posted a link to, it was stated that the first place searched was The Pilgrim Psychiatric Center. There are two locations, and I would bet the one searched was in Brentwood rather than Patchogue. But, why would that location be searched first?

Putting everything together in my mind:

The first place to search was a psychiatric center.

Ida was insistent on searching the woods near to where Roberts car was found.

Robert was reportedly unshaven (maybe he was just running late or maybe he was depressed because in all of his pictures on facebook he seems shaven).

Ida reportedly spoke to Robert for 45 minutes the day he disappeared. I assume t was important. Who does that--unless it is important?

This and just a gut feeling tells me he may have been running from something, possibly his own personal demons, and that Ida may fear for his safety due to one, the other, or both.

ETA: Sorry, I cannot find a relevant link, so for now I'll scratch that. I'm pretty sure I read or heard it from a reliable source, so if I find t I'll post it.

Where is the information about the 45 minute phone call? Is that something she mentioned?

Also, why did he leave work early that day? If he was normally expected home around 3, but was in Huntington at 1:45, that would point to him leaving an hour early.

The easiest way to get to the Deer Park LIRR station if you are on the hwy is to go via Sagtikos Pkwy, which goes right past Pilgrim State. So that could be why it was searched. But again, why oh why are we searching for a live person in the woods?

Re LE: I'm of the mind that they are simply not sharing. There are many facets to this case and a lot to investigate.

Also, If she spoke with him AT work at 9am, and he was running late, what time does he normally start? 6am? 7am? 8am? They claim he forgot his wallet because he was running late for work….the ride to Brooklyn is a bit of a hike, lets say an hour one way.

If he was late for work, he was already there for 9am, -then while he was there they SPOKE for 45 minutes….that would put the time the call ended at 9:45…..co workers last saw him at 12:30----and he’s due home at 3pm? What are his normal hours that day? 8 or 9am—2pm ? (she said he was due home at 3pm---since he would need at least an hour to get home from Brooklyn, that means he gets off at 2pm). Day sounds short, and I am not even taking lunch into account….even for a union electrician? Unless his company is based in Brooklyn, but the jobsite this particular day was closer to home?
Welcome to WS, Jerry516 and Toto2! Glad you joined us.

I believe the work day was likely 6am-2pm based on these statements.

His red 2004 Pontiac GTO pulled away from their Leroy Street home at 4:45 a.m.
He usually returns from work around 3-4 p.m., Ida said, depending on the traffic. By 6 p.m. that evening, she was panicking and calling police.

The easiest way to get to the Deer Park LIRR station if you are on the hwy is to go via Sagtikos Pkwy, which goes right past Pilgrim State. So that could be why it was searched. But again, why oh why are we searching for a live person in the woods?

Re LE: I'm of the mind that they are simply not sharing. There are many facets to this case and a lot to investigate.

I would have driven a different way had I travelled a route from Brooklyn to Huntington and then perhaps on to the Deer Park train station, if that is how the car travelled (we don't know if it went exactly like that or made other stops). I drive those roads often. It is certainly a feasible route to take Sagtikos, but I'm not sure it's the most direct. On a beautiful Friday traffic east for the weekend begins in the early afternoon, so he might have chosen to take the Northern State to the Sagtikos. Even so, something about the first search being where it was might mean something.

Even if it were, who would pick the psych center as the first search site just because it might be a place along that car's theorized route? Why not the area just south of and east and west of Sagtikos where there are woods? Why not in the Huntington area where his phone last pinged? Why not search first where his car was found? I lean towards there being a more specific reason for the first search to be conducted where it was.

Again it is only my opinion, and I'm trying to put this together as we all here.

Relay - just going by my own experience as a LIRR commuter. Commuted from Commack for a time and used the Deer Park station - the Sagtikos was the way to go.

just found this:

Details of Disappearance
Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.
Investigative Agency
Suffolk County Police Department
631-697-6186

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/robert-mayer/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics