NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled the PPC, link below. I learned some interesting details on it's history. Of particular interest is the information under the heading _ Pilgrim Today. Seems the once huge hospital has demolished buildings and is now under redevelopment. There is also a museum on site for findings from old buildings. Enough info to make me wonder whether there was some sort of business related reason RM may have been there at some point on the Friday he went missing.

I must say that not being local, I am not sure where this is located in relation to home, train station, and that mentioned scrap metal business. Would be good for a local to read the write-up on PPC at link and see if any bells ring for you.

Pilgrim Psychiatric Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where exactly was this confirmed?? He lives on a fully residential block, the camera would have to be at a neighbor's house. Not common, but also not unheard of either. But I have not seen any confirmation of this camera sighting. Again, assuming wife was home waiting for him to arrive for 3pm as she said she was, surely she would have seen him come home for 2:45pm

BBM - I do not think the part I bolded has been confirmed anywhere. I think that evolved out of a conversation exchange in response to items posted on the NAMUS site. There was discussion over whether the time (2:45) was referring to am or pm? and whether it was given as military time or reg time.

RM's wife and msm reports seem to have been consistent in reporting that wife said he left for work Friday morning and did not return home. I've kinda sorted the 2:45 time reference into my (keep an eye for this in official report bin). :twocents:

Here is link to the NAMUS report; note how last seen - is noted in 2 places. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/20818

:welcome6:

Come on Guests.... join WS and get into the discussion. We need your ideas.

right now more guests than members.... come on join in. :fence:

I googled the PPC, link below. I learned some interesting details on it's history. Of particular interest is the information under the heading _ Pilgrim Today. Seems the once huge hospital has demolished buildings and is now under redevelopment. There is also a museum on site for findings from old buildings. Enough info to make me wonder whether there was some sort of business related reason RM may have been there at some point on the Friday he went missing.

I must say that not being local, I am not sure where this is located in relation to home, train station, and that mentioned scrap metal business. Would be good for a local to read the write-up on PPC at link and see if any bells ring for you.

Pilgrim Psychiatric Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPC is a mile east of RM's home. Maybe less. DP train station is approx 2 miles south of PPC. If you go to google maps and go to Leroy St in Dix Hills you can see very well the relationship by zooming in or out to adjust detail. Why are you interested in PPC?

PPC is a mile east of RM's home. Maybe less. DP train station is approx 2 miles south of PPC. If you go to google maps and go to Leroy St in Dix Hills you can see very well the relationship by zooming in or out to adjust detail. Why are you interested in PPC?

Thank you Clemenza. It is close to their Dix Hills, so maybe there is no real connection other than a geographical connection. Or, like JustyThoghts suggested maybe there was a job related connection. I will keep my ears open for more information.

PPC is approximately 1.2 miles from the home. Since the Wikipedia link says they treat patients for drug & alcohol abuse maybe that's why they were looking in that area. Possibly there are some substance abuse issues?

The New York State Conservation Area/Edgewood Preserve are where the conducted searches have taken place. This area is to the southwest of PPC and direct south of RM's home.

In some ways, though not obvious ones, this case reminds me of Susan Jacobson, the woman in No. Cal whose car was found in a supermarket lot, and she was gone. Her wallet was found nearby, with credit cards removed, but never used in the two-plus months she has been gone. If not for her son participating on the thread, many would likely be all over her husband, the last to see her that morning. Also there is confusion as to whether or not she drove and parked the car, or at least LE has never said either way. In fact LE is saying next to nothing. She seems a most unlikely person to leave on her own, almost sixty, very shy, almost introverted.

Anyway I do not mean to hijack the thread but in Robert's case, everything turns on whether or not rumors are true that he made it home that day before he vanished. We know he made it to work, so he did leave the house alive and well. If he really never came home, right now I would have to say he left on his own or met someone dangerous for a secret reason and was harmed.

Where did those rumors come from? Just from a possible mis-posting on Namus? Or is there more to them?

Anyway I do not mean to hijack the thread but in Robert's case, everything turns on whether or not rumors are true that he made it home that day before he vanished. We know he made it to work, so he did leave the house alive and well. If he really never came home, right now I would have to say he left on his own or met someone dangerous for a secret reason and was harmed.

Where did those rumors come from? Just from a possible mis-posting on Namus? Or is there more to them?

Part of your post snipped by me and BBM.
Good questions cluciano63. I have seen absolutely nothing official or in msm indicating that he returned to his house after he was seen at work by co-workers. I do think that falls into a rumor category. There were several posts here in this forum of theories around the time last seen and possibly by whom. If you didn't see, might want to look back. I do not know whether others have "heard/read" anything to support him returning home elsewhere; but for now it seems to me to be rumor. Just my :twocents:

Thank you so much Clemenza for your post. I now have a much clearer picture of the physical relationship of his home to PPC to the Edgewood area they searched today to the Deer Park Train Station. I had no idea until now how very close those places are to each other. Seeing their lay-out on the map is helpful.

Was interested in PPC because it was reported as a first place searched after RM went missing.

You are right, anything is possible.

There are so many missing pieces to this case and the police keep saying this is not a criminal case which leads me to believe that he left voluntarily. The timeline is confusing. Did he leave in the early morning,come back to the house, go to work and than come back at 2:50pm?
The wallet being left behind is strange too. The phone call to the wife lasting 45 minutes. Were they arguing and is she withholding valuable infomation?
Did he have a secret stash of money hidden and wanted to start a new life and that's why his wallet was found in the garage.
Was he involved in anything illegal?
The search in the woods also seems strange . He's been missing over three weeks now. Is it a coincidence that he leaves the day after she buys tickets to Italy and they were supposed to leave today.
I think he wanted a new life and unfortunately this is the way he went about it. I feel sorry for the kids.

bbm - Maybe from the public but not from police which is why they say no crime was committed. Maybe he threatened to take his own life.

Putting everything together in my mind:

The first place to search was a psychiatric center.

Ida was insistent on searching the woods near to where Roberts car was found.

Robert was reportedly unshaven (maybe he was just running late or maybe he was depressed because in all of his pictures on facebook he seems shaven).

Ida reportedly spoke to Robert for 45 minutes the day he disappeared. I assume t was important. Who does that--unless it is important?

This and just a gut feeling tells me he may have been running from something, possibly his own personal demons, and that Ida may fear for his safety due to one, the other, or both.

ETA: Sorry, I cannot find a relevant link, so for now I'll scratch that. I'm pretty sure I read or heard it from a reliable source, so if I find t I'll post it.

Now all this makes me think that the wife thinks he committed suicide.

How do we know that he didn't tell her about the wallet being in the garage ? Or that he told her he had forgotten it ? Did his wife ever discuss what their phone convo was about that morning ? I may well have missed it...jmo

We assumed it because the wife said she "thinks" he forgot it. If he had asked her about it on the phone her wording would have been different, like a definite "he forgot his wallet".

:banghead: This makes no sense!

He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15, but police were last able to track his phone at 1:45 on his way home?

So the 1:45 ping is not the last time he was known to be in the area, then.

Where's the scrap metal yard? Brooklyn? In between his home and his job site?

Is there a link for the scrap metal yard info?

I think i'm the one of guilty of starting the "security camera" rumor and I was hoping the NAMUS information would be enough to back it up, but I've heard from several people that he was seen at home for 10 minutes on the neighbors security camera after work. I posted earlier about all of the facts not being released which doesn't help the investigation and the scrap yard sighting, and the missing mountain bike is further proof of this. As far as the security camera footage time, I haven't been able to get any confirmation on the exact time, only that it was after work.

ETA: It's also my opinion that the cellphone might be at the house and that's how they know it is off. The ONLY way for them to know that a phone is on or off (remotely) is when it pings the cell tower. If the last ping was 145 but can be confirmed that it was "OFF" at 245, then I can only guess that they know it's off because they have the phone.

Thinking and speculating about the scrap yard.
Being an electrician for many years, RM may have had a "relationship" with some scrap yards. Perhaps visiting occasionally for extra cash.

Maybe even a friendly relationship. They might know where he lives etc and closest train station. Perhaps a deal went bad or perhaps he had a lot of cash and some unsavory person was tempted. Perhaps that is why car was found at station seat pushed forward. IDK.
Where are the car keys? Was his parking paid for? If so how?

Ticket Machines
Two Full Service Ticket Machines are available, one is located inside the waiting room, the other is located east of the station building in kiosk.
A Daily Ticket Machine is located on the platform, at the east end of the station building, against the south wall of the building.
http://lirr42.mta.info/stationInfo.php?id=72

On the flip side, maybe he "cashed out" and split.

There are many inconsistencies and questions.
Many unanswered questions IMHO.

BTW, I don't think they found anything from yesterday's search-it was brutal hot. :(

Thinking and speculating about the scrap yard.
Being an electrician for many years, RM may have had a "relationship" with some scrap yards. Perhaps visiting occasionally for extra cash.

Maybe even a friendly relationship. They might know where he lives etc and closest train station. Perhaps a deal went bad or perhaps he had a lot of cash and some unsavory person was tempted. Perhaps that is why car was found at station seat pushed forward. IDK.
Where are the car keys? Was his parking paid for? If so how?

Ticket Machines
Two Full Service Ticket Machines are available, one is located inside the waiting room, the other is located east of the station building in kiosk.
A Daily Ticket Machine is located on the platform, at the east end of the station building, against the south wall of the building.
http://lirr42.mta.info/stationInfo.php?id=72

On the flip side, maybe he "cashed out" and split.

There are many inconsistencies and questions.
Many unanswered questions IMHO.

BTW, I don't think they found anything from yesterday's search-it was brutal hot. :(

If someone were to go to the open facebook group for RM, and search the word "scrap", they might find some interesting speculative info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi