NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone were to go to the open facebook group for RM, and search the word "scrap", they might find some interesting speculative info.

I saw that, too, a few days ago. The thing is, the linked webpage which states he was last seen at a scrap metal yard is simply rumor at this point. I don't see any hard evidence to back it up.

But, there is a scrap metal yard on Long Island Ave in Deer Park, on the same road as the Deer Park train station. (I haven't read all of the posts from yesterday yet so forgive me if this has already been mentioned).

I saw that, too, a few days ago. The thing is, the linked webpage which states he was last seen at a scrap metal yard is simply rumor at this point. I don't see any hard evidence to back it up.

But, there is a scrap metal yard on Long Island Ave in Deer Park, on the same road as the Deer Park train station. (I haven't read all of the posts from yesterday yet so forgive me if this has already been mentioned).

Not to spread more rumor, but thats all we have. Kean street off Edison ave. by the dumps - New Babylon I have heard mentioned.

Unfortunately, we don't see hard evidence of much. :moo:

New Babylon? Maybe you mean North Babylon?

There is a scrap metal place right on the same road as the train station. You could walk to it.

New Babylon? Maybe you mean North Babylon?

There is a scrap metal place right on the same road as the train station. You could walk to it.

Yes sorry, north Babylon. And I find that very interesting about walking distance

PPC is approximately 1.2 miles from the home. Since the Wikipedia link says they treat patients for drug & alcohol abuse maybe that's why they were looking in that area. Possibly there are some substance abuse issues?

Pilgrim state has been abandoned forever. In fact, they are building a town center with condos, etc., on the property.

Just google "pilgrim state" "abandoned" to see photos. It's been just a scary hulking place for as long as I can remember.

I doubt very much that RM was treated there, ever, even if it is actually possible to do so.

Here is the information about him being at a scrap yard at 2:15 as previously posted.
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/robert-mayer/

The information about his missing mountain bike was given to the searchers yesterday by the DEC officer.

Pilgrim state isnt completely abandoned, only parts of it. There are several facilities that are very much in use but I haven't heard any information that links him to the facility other than living nearby. It's also a back route from the train station to his neighborhood that can be driven by car.

I can't provide a link but IM did post on FB that she thought LE should check scrap metal places. LE most likely took her info and is investigating it.

If he was actually seen at one, I'm filing under rumor.

I am going off of the info at CUE site which states
Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.

I am going off of the info at CUE site which states
Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.

me too. :fence:

Sorry, never heard of CUE. Where do they get their information?

Pilgrim state isnt completely abandoned, only parts of it. There are several facilities that are very much in use

That is completely news to me. Do you know anyone who has been there for psychiatric help?

I haven't heard any information that links him to the facility other than living nearby. It's also a back route from the train station to his neighborhood that can be driven by car.

Hmmm... yes, if he didn't want to be seen maybe he would go that way.

But why not just ride the bike from home? Why drive to the train station and then use the bike? His house isn't really that far from the train station.

Surely if he got on the train with the bike someone would have seen him.

Or maybe the bike is a red herring and has just been misplaced. I know that doesn't sound feasible but it happened to a member of my family so don't count it out.

Don't the links (which are public fact) display a capability/willingness of IM to be dishonest on a criminal level? It establishes precedent. Why were they deleted?

They are deleted because we are a victim-friendly site. We don't sleuth those who are not named POI's or suspects. The family of the missing are victims unless they are called POI's or suspects by LE.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Good morning. New to this site and so very interested in this case. I live on Long Island, don't know the Dix Hills or Deer Park area at all, but have been following any and all info I can find. I was leaning toward RM just walking away from his life and starting another. The second I read about the scrap metal yard thing I just had a sudden feeling of dread, don't know why. Also, seeing him listed as "endangerd missing" on the link above, does that mean LE now finally considers possible criminal activity? The wallet being left home has bothered me from the start too.

Good morning. New to this site and so very interested in this case. I live on Long Island, don't know the Dix Hills or Deer Park area at all, but have been following any and all info I can find. I was leaning toward RM just walking away from his life and starting another. The second I read about the scrap metal yard thing I just had a sudden feeling of dread, don't know why. Also, seeing him listed as "endangerd missing" on the link above, does that mean LE now finally considers possible criminal activity? The wallet being left home has bothered me from the start too.

Welcome!

I saw an article about a woman on cnn.com who walked away from her life, and was found in the Florida Keys 20 years later. The interesting thing I took away was the statistic in the article which said that it is less than 5% of missing person cases where the person "walked away" from their life.

Here is the article:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/pennsylvania-woman-reappears

Good Morning and WELCOME to WS CuriousAmI :seeya:

Glad to have you join in on the discussions here.

Re: BBM (bolded by me) - on further reflection, have you determined any reason why reading about the scrap metal yard gave you the dread feeling? Have there been any issues in the news there about the metal yards or a case where something happened at one?

"Endangered missing" could tie in with my previous speculation that he talked about suicide and the wife told LE this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member