NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "RM Search Group" FB page was particularly active today. People asking more questions, using lingo we use here and bringing up several points spoken about in this thread. I wonder if people posting here post there as well? Family/friends of RM may also and most probably do read here too.

Ok so here is a timeline based on the information from a variety of sites
Friday 6/14
4:45 AM RM leaves for work Google maps takes about 1 hr
5:45 arrives in Brooklyn
6:00-9:00 work
9:00-9:45 telephone conversation
9:45-12:30 (Presume @ work)
12:30 at work seen by coworkers with car
12:30-1:45 (Presume driving)
1:45. phone pings Huntington
1:45-2:15 (? Possibly driving)
2:15. Scrap metal in West Babylon I think this is on FB
2:45 car possibly seen on neighbors security camera (NAMUS)
2:45 phone off/dead

Next day
8:30 PM approximately 30 hours passed car found at train station by family
Feel free to add whatever I am missing.

The "RM Search Group" FB page was particularly active today. People asking more questions, using lingo we use here and bringing up several points spoken about in this thread. I wonder if people posting here post there as well? Family/friends of RM may also and most probably do read here too.

I saw the change also and am glad there is a kind of double down on seeking details in order to try and help beyond fliers and searches.

People interested in this case are wise to come to WS (here). WS has the reputation of being the best resource for "working cases" as a non-law enforcement entity. Those who have been around have a wealth of expertise in how to get the word out, areas of focus, applying things learned from previous cases and strive to maintain a respectful, victim friendly setting. I've told my hubby that if anything ever happened to me..... go to WS asap and use their expertise.

Maybe some clarity can come in this case with those closest to the family on the push for actions and answers. I hope.

I noticed FB today too. Posts were coming in fast and furious. I had to keep updating. A lot of what is spoken about here. Also it seems most on FB just noticed the "endangered missing" notation on missing person website. We spoke about that here last week. So that doesn't make sense. I just don't know what to think anymore. I keep flip-flopping, safe or not. FB is so terribly mixed up, no press coverage, no friends or family members coming forward. And there is a family involved here. Kids. It's just so sad, really.

I was in the area today. I visited Pilgrim State and a few establishments.

First, let me say that I stand corrected. Pilgrim State is anything but entirely abandoned. In fact, it was a hive of activity, cars coming and going.

The hulking, scary building is still that. The teenager next to me was all mouth agape with a million questions about the building ("were movies filmed here?" "so scary!"). But I was able to drive all around the building, seeing lots of cars on the property going in all directions.

I did some shopping and I drove around a bit. I did not see one flyer up on a telephone pole or in any store windows. The only flyer I saw was inside of a Starbucks. It does say on it that his phone sent its last ping at 2:45 PM on the 14th.

Reminder about social media:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Another thing about FB. Right after RM went missing a lot of people who were posting (strangers I would imagine) were admonished by others (friends, family?????) for their posts, questioning, etc. That page was closed down. I'm sure they were just trying to protect the family but it sure didn't help. Now it seems people want info and are not afraid to ask. Maybe more info will be released soon.

So I see we have rob mayer as a endangerd missing now why do u think he is listed as endangerd now and not 2 weeks ago u think the police are making any ground here

He is listed as endangered on the CUE site only. And from what others here have posted here on this forum, the CUE site gets its information from family only.

I guess Ida gave them this info then why would she just post it there and not on all the major news networks in the tri state area

Ok so here is a timeline based on the information from a variety of sites
Friday 6/14
4:45 AM RM leaves for work Google maps takes about 1 hr
5:45 arrives in Brooklyn
6:00-9:00 work
9:00-9:45 telephone conversation
9:45-12:30 (Presume @ work)
12:30 at work seen by coworkers with car
12:30-1:45 (Presume driving)
1:45. phone pings Huntington
1:45-2:15 (? Possibly driving)
2:15. Scrap metal in West Babylon I think this is on FB
2:45 car possibly seen on neighbors security camera (NAMUS)
2:45 phone off/dead

Next day
8:30 PM approximately 30 hours passed car found at train station by family
Feel free to add whatever I am missing.

Thanks so much for the timeline.

How do we know the 9AM call was 45 minutes?
Also I've read MSM that police found the car.

Now all I am saying is if this was my family member I would be everywere in all papers on tv the morning show talking about this. if this is cause the police told her to button up why ?

I can see it being many scenarios but two that stand out:

1) LE doesn't want the public to know that he is endangered for some reason and he really is.

or

2) LE wants the family to think he is endangered for some reason and he really isn't.

Something I just thought of: maybe he was being blackmailed and he needed the bike to take him to a meeting place?

Something else is puzzling me. The bike.
If he took his bike, where's the bike rack?
Did his car have a bike rack?
Or, did he ride the bike somewhere from his home?
Or, did someone else pick him and his bike up?

How about. A pic of the bike maybe somebody found one in the streets or something

Something else is puzzling me. The bike.
If he took his bike, where's the bike rack?
Did his car have a bike rack?
Or, did he ride the bike somewhere from his home?
Or, did someone else pick him and his bike up?

Again, adding to the frustration. Random statements are made, such as the bike, with no details. Same with the scrap metal yard. It was read online somewhere, but it didn't state the address ( we found that from someone on FB) , and it didn't say WHO exactly saw him.

More frustration and random tidbits of info. If we had DETAILS we can narrow things down, but we waste a lot of effort speculating.

The bike thing completely threw me for a loop. I have zero ideas where that comes into play. Again, details. And answers we need from the family.

Was he an avid biker? Did he often park at the train station and go biking from there? I never believed he stopped home at 2:45, but if he did -- did he load up his bike in the car to go for a casual ride? Maybe that's why the seat was up? He tried to fit the bike in the back seat? Left the wallet home for fear of losing it while riding? Ran into some foul play during his ride? Is this why IM seems convinced to search in that general area?
Simple answers can rule out MANY theories and save a lot of time and effort.

I know that RM's wife said that he didn't get paid that Friday. Wonder if he got paid that Thursday ? Did he get paid by check,or was it cash in the envelope ? Lots of construction trades get paid in cash.On Thursdays. moo

If so, he probably had some cash on him. jmo

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/robert-mayer/

This updated "endangered missing" description from CUE is really giving me a twist in my gut.

The more I think about it, the more I believe LE is keeping IM from giving out details. I'd like to hear an up-to-date statement from LE, if they still consider this as no crime occurred. My heart breaks for his family, I cannot fathom what they're going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicky Trout