NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is his bike missing or not? Was it with him when he left and now not in the car? Can't understand why this is a mystery.

According to FAQ, bike is missing from garage but they of course do not know if he has it with him, she is going to locate photos of the bike to add to the posters if possible. To quote IM, "nothing adds up"

The FAQ says both that the phone was not found and that it has been found and is being processed by LE.

If it has been found, where and when was it found?

So much ambiguity IMO.
I wonder where the phone was found.
According to FAQ it wasn't until IM spoke with his co-workers that scrapyard was revealed?

I'm more confused than before. :truce:

I'm wondering if he went to the scrap yard on Long Island Ave near the train station after he went to the one in West Babylon.

Bunny I surmise that the phone records are being processed by LE and not the phone itself.

I have a very bad feeling. :-(

Bunny I surmise that the phone records are being processed by LE and not the phone itself.

I have a very bad feeling. :-(

FAQ states phone was found. WTHDIK
(what the heck do i know) :fence:

Bunny and it also states it wasn't. So we don't know.

FAQ states phone was found. WTHDIK
(what the heck do i know) :fence:

There was a correction in that the phone was mistakenly reported as found. The phone has not been found, but the phone records were reported to have been found and are being processed.

So along with RM missing are:

- a bike
- the phone
- the car keys

I have been following RM's case both on WS and the FB group pages. As said may times here, this case has been frustrating to get details; the information sharing has taken a more proactive approach on the FB group. My observation is that due to a press for details, some FB posters who I think are personal friends/concerned posters are working on doing FAQs and a timeline. They are receiving questions and getting answers from RM's wife (the person identified on FB as Ida M.

WS TOS requires we need to treat information on Social Media as rumor. Even as we do that, it is good to finally see some clarifications that help us from spending time on useless paths.

I need to add a clarifier to my term - useless paths. I am not meaning that to be that any theories, ideas or opinions here are useless. I mean spending time trying to figure out something that is alleged to have been clarified by RM's family. Everyone's input here on WS is valuable.

There was a correction in that the phone was mistakenly reported as found. The phone has not been found, but the phone records were reported to have been found and are being processed.

phone WAS found. not sure where yet...

I have been following RM's case both on WS and the FB group pages. As said may times here, this case has been frustrating to get details; the information sharing has taken a more proactive approach on the FB group. My observation is that due to a press for details, some FB posters who I think are personal friends/concerned posters are working on doing FAQs and a timeline. They are receiving questions and getting answers from RM's wife (the person identified on FB as Ida M.

WS TOS requires we need to treat information on Social Media as rumor. Even as we do that, it is good to finally see some clarifications that help us from spending time on useless paths.

I need to add a clarifier to my term - useless paths. I am not meaning that to be that any theories, ideas or opinions here are useless. I mean spending time trying to figure out something that is alleged to have been clarified by RM's family. Everyone's input here on WS is valuable.

Its enough to make one want to tear their hair out...Ida has answered questions all along but they get "lost" on FB as new posts get added. I am so glad someone finally organized it all. Will save IM from having to answer the questions more than once and concerned helpers can avoid the:banghead:

Just to be clear, I'm reading it based on the FB page that his company cell phone was found but not his personal cell phone. Can this be confirmed by anyone else reading there?

We know from Ida's statement that a green mountain bike is missing, and that she noticed it a few days after Robert went missing.

The rest is a possible theory only.

If (we do not know for sure) in fact he took and used his bike that day perhaps he first took it apart that morning before work in his garage so that it would fit in the back seat.

Ida stated in the fb docs that he would have left at 4:30am when she was sleeping. It might explain why his wallet was inn the garage. Maybe he set it down as he was working on the bike. Maybe that is why the seat is set closer to the dash.

Just to be clear, I'm reading it based on the FB page that his company cell phone was found but not his personal cell phone. Can this be confirmed by anyone else reading there?

he only had a company phone...and yes apparently the police now have it

It was reported that he only had a company phone, no known personal cell.

Some updated facts on the Search Group page - (at least new to me since earlier today!)

He had left his wallet home in the past. An employee form Arrow Scrap claims he saw Rob at 2:15 p.m. Rob's coworkers pointed Ida in that direction..

Friends of Ida & Rob found his car.

No personal cell phone, just company phone and it was found. Now with police. Ida was the last call to/from. (again, per the FB page)

His passport has been accounted for. No activity on his credit cards.

Again, I realize that this could all be taken as rumor, just posting because if you blink, you miss things and I am checking off and on today! :)

Hmm, it's crazy. I have been the whole time since day 1 under the impression he was harmed but now, I just don't know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member