NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick post, I see the "breaking" update that the actual Scrap Yard has been named by RW's wife. Thanks for posting the business link. We've thought about him selling wire and building things and such (likely since he is an electrician). I just want to toss an opinion (MOO) what if the small transaction was selling a hard drive, memory cards, or other memory items that contain information he may have wanted to ensure was destroyed. Just trying to think of all angles.

Just a quick post, I see the "breaking" update that the actual Scrap Yard has been named by RW's wife. Thanks for posting the business link. We've thought about him selling wire and building things and such (likely since he is an electrician). I just want to toss an opinion (MOO) what if the small transaction was selling a hard drive, memory cards, or other memory items that contain information he may have wanted to ensure was destroyed. Just trying to think of all angles.

Anything's possible at this point. :twocents:

How does IM know there was a small transaction. Supposedly she never heard from RM after their 9am call.

Wonder how long she knew about this. In any case, any such info should have been released sooner. When a person is missing, I don't get the cloak and dagger secrecy, even from LE. Find the person, worry about evidence later, especially when LE is the one saying this does not appear to be a criminal case.

Don't go by the website, on how it looks, etc.....

Stealing scrap metal and making cash is a big business, don't be fooled. Just search Two Brother's Scrap Metal & the Long Island RailRoad. Employees from the LIRR were nailed stealing material from their own jobs. Would transport in their own PERSONAL vehicles to scrap metal place. They netted about $250,000 before they were caught.

This could be a theory to go on....
Let's hope RM was not involved in something like this. It is possible that Much Different from the LIRR, the "bosses" who he stole from (think of who runs the unions, construction, trash hauling, in NY) took matters into their own hands if they found out about him, set him up after learning of his routine, and harmed him.

Wow, a person would be a fool to try to steal from those guys..or desperate...jmo

How does IM know there was a small transaction. Supposedly she never heard from RM after their 9am call.

Since there is information that has not been made public, probably at LE's instruction, I don't believe she knows of the transaction from Robert. My best guess is that someone at the scrap yard recognized his picture, and gave the police any info they had about his transaction.

Wow, a person would be a fool to try to steal from those guys..or desperate...jmo

It happens all the time. There are shady places that don't ask for ID and do everything under the table.

This case is puzzling for sure. Now if he took the bike on the train he would have had to pay $5.00 xtra and have to fill out a permit form.

(now I'm going to try to catch up)

Since there is information that has not been made public, probably at LE's instruction, I don't believe she knows of the transaction from Robert. My best guess is that someone at the scrap yard recognized his picture, and gave the police any info they had about his transaction.

There obviously is a TON of info that hasn't been made public, and the little that has been released often appears misleading (intentionally or unintentionally).

Another side of me thinks LE has believed it's a crime since day 1, has been investigating from day 1, and for some reason is keeping it tight lipped, and forcing or instructing IM to do the same. I am not accusing IM or her family of anything, but you would have to state the obvious: The evasiveness, odd FB postings, time lapses between apparently totally random facts, the slow progression and lack of details, and wording of things from everyone involved, even LE, is just bizarre.

Maybe This case just may be a small part of a much larger picture. If this is the case, there may be some shocking stuff coming out, and it may get ugly for a lot of people involved.

This case is puzzling for sure. Now if he took the bike on the train he would have had to pay $5.00 xtra and have to fill out a permit form.

(now I'm going to try to catch up)

I had a Dear friend (now deceased) who lived in lower Manhattan. (Battery Park) She brought her bike upstate on the train. So what, you pay the fee, and bring your bike. BTW her bike was a BIG street bike with double baskets for groceries. It was relatively easy. Special place on train for bike.
I met her a few times to pick her up at train station with bike.

Here's the thing, I had a bike rack on my vehicle ready to load it on when I picked her up @RR.

Is his bike missing or not? Was it with him when he left and now not in the car? Can't understand why this is a mystery.

I had a Dear friend (now deceased) who lived in lower Manhattan. (Battery Park) She brought her bike upstate on the train. So what, you pay the fee, and bring your bike. BTW her bike was a BIG street bike with double baskets for groceries. It was relatively easy. Special place on train for bike.
I met her a few times to pick her up at train station with bike.

Here's the thing, I had a bike rack on my vehicle ready to load it on when I picked her up @RR.

Sorry I should have made myself clearer.. If he brought his bike onto the train I think you have to fill out a form and get a permit. Does the railroad have his permit on file???

FAQ sheet: RM co-workers told IM name of scrap yard, suggested she check there, cell phone was company phone, shut off at 2:45, no surveillance video at scrap yard, (not working,) no keys with car, seat pushed up toward stearing wheel.

This does not sound good.

Sorry I should have made myself clearer.. If he brought his bike onto the train I think you have to fill out a form and get a permit. Does the railroad have his permit on file???

NOPERMIT, JUST PAY THE $5.00 FEE imho

FAQ sheet: RM co-workers told IM name of scrap yard, suggested she check there, cell phone was company phone, shut off at 2:45, no surveillance video at scrap yard, (not working,) no keys with car, seat pushed up toward stearing wheel.

This does not sound good.

where are you finding this? TIA

Wonder how long she knew about this. In any case, any such info should have been released sooner. When a person is missing, I don't get the cloak and dagger secrecy, even from LE. Find the person, worry about evidence later, especially when LE is the one saying this does not appear to be a criminal case.

IMO, she is overwhelmed and probably isn't her first thought to update everyone. She also prob trusts LE doing their job. She did make a serious effort to answer many questions (sometimes repeated again and again) on her FB page for the past few weeks. There is now a FAQ sheet up over there as well. When she realized the closed page wasn't helping the cause, an open page was created so hopefully everyone can see the info there without being a member. Robert Mayer Search Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump