NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really seems quite strange that would happen. It almost sounds as if it might be planned. Although I hate to think that.....

Is the LE's thinking based on the "lack of indicators of a crime" or they just do not know what happened and go with the no crime?

"Police have not given details on the case, as it is an ongoing investigation, but said they don't believe a crime was committed."

If there has been a full and complete forensic look at all banking, phone records, computer records, etc for the past 3 months and nothing of question has been found - I can maybe see how LE may say that they do not think he left of his own will.

It is peculiar that his car was left in the parking lot.... just left.... with no signs (per reports) of any trouble in the car.

The wife did say the driver seat on the car was pushed forward not as if he drove it he's 6 foot 1 gto is a small car for a big guy he would have needed his seat back

The wife did say the driver seat on the car was pushed forward not as if he drove it he's 6 foot 1 gto is a small car for a big guy he would have needed his seat back

Hi tmuller02! Welcome to the forum! :seeya:

Do you have a link for this? Was this info in a news article?

It was per the facebook page I asked the question and she directly answered me car is still being processed by le so not sure why they said most likely no crime commuted she was,also down in headquarters viewing video from a candy store near the traibstation were the car was found

It's been quiet at least on the fb page there trying to get some people to search only 2 or 3,people came out that's not enough

It's been quiet at least on the fb page there trying to get some people to search only 2 or 3,people came out that's not enough

OMG, that is horrible, somehow they need to generate some media interest. I admit, this case is extremely baffling to me. If the family is being totally honest and there is no known reason for him to have disappeared on his own...what on earth happened to this man? He was not carjacked, apparently, since his car turned up right away. Was there a road rage incident! Or a personal vendetta?

Do we know if his online activity is being checked by police? Or is that difficult to do, without signs of foul play?

Strange case - interesting how his forgetting his wallet and was running late set in motion a life changing event!

Yep, my thoughts too. IMHO, a guy always puts his wallet in his pocket.

:twocents:

Yep, my thoughts too. IMHO, a guy always puts his wallet in his pocket.

:twocents:

Just jumping off your post - My husband forgets his wallet all the time. He just came home from running errands (he forgot his wallet!). He is 48 and has been this way since I've known him. I think he's got so much on his mind, he just forgets the little details.
It'd be interesting to know if Robert did this often?

Just jumping off your post - My husband forgets his wallet all the time. He just came home from running errands (he forgot his wallet!). He is 48 and has been this way since I've known him. I think he's got so much on his mind, he just forgets the little details.

Every morning I head out. Keys, check. Wallet, check. Cell phone, check.

IMHO, a guy ALWAYS puts his wallet in back pocket. :twocents:

It's funny I asked the wife why was he running late unshaven and why was his,wallet in the garage didn't get a answer also asked about the radio what station was it on and no response so far everything is tight lipped

Does anyone no if dogs were brought in at first to track a scent or smell for decomposition did the luminol the car at first the police say it doesn't appear a crime had been commited that's pretty quick to say that with in the first few days now were into weeks

WIFE JUST UPDATED POLICE DIDN'T TRACK THE,RADIO DIAL K9 WAS BROUGHT IN FIRST DAY GOT NO SENT ON CAR OR TRACKS ALSO UP IN PILGRIM STATE PARK

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I am glad to see that on the FB page posters are asking questions on details (tough questions for family and others) - these are necessary. Necessary to act quickly, share details as soon as possible and pull in all possible resources. I've followed this case since day one and wish more had been asked and answered the first week to 10 days from his gone missing. Sadly I fear that some information may have been "lost" due to delay. I read on the original FB page a friend ask that no one ask questions or speculate in any way on that page; I wanted to say Nooooo, that will shut down the ideas and actions. I'm not beating up on actions of family/friends in any way; I feel for their reality and my heart goes out to them. They are in shock and need others to drive the search. I wish that when someone goes missing like RM has, that family & friends would "trust" a group such as WS. Followers of WS have seen many cases like this and have a lot of information to share with family and others searching for answers.

I am also sad to read that only a few turned out for searching. Maybe it was just that day; but searches and distributing fliers goes hand in hand from day one. I hope Robert is found and is OK; I know his family and friends are wanting this also. I am still on the fence on whether RM chose to leave or met up with trouble on his way home. Prayers answers come soon.

If he did skip out he did it with no I'd the wife has been pretty good answering questions hope for closure soon

It's funny I asked the wife why was he running late unshaven and why was his,wallet in the garage didn't get a answer also asked about the radio what station was it on and no response so far everything is tight lipped

I suspect THIS ^^ is why no more searchers came out. This really seems voluntary.

My husband is the same way. Has left to go run an errand only to show back up because he forgot his wallet. Sometimes can't find it in the house and it ends up he left it in the car. He has always been this way as well.

How does this seem voulnatery he leaves his I'd doesn't say goodbye to the kids leaves his wife the car he lovves more than the world is left dogs can't track a sent the drivers seat was pushed fowatd and the wife says he's not the type of man to do this to his kids he's a loving dad his phone is still off no transactions in bank I hope Ur right but I don't see it that way seen to many of these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member