NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think u have to a good dt looks at everything hes been gone like 3 weeks now any bank activity or credit cards he seemed like a happy man with good loveing children and a good job

I'm checking all angles, including looking into the lives of those closest to Robert. One can find things that can help tie things together.

Agreed.

If I were LE, I would not do any digging elsewhere until I'd confirmed through phone records, computer analysis, and interviews with friends and co-workers that Robert did not have any secrets himself that he was hiding from his family. If they could confirm that someone else had driven his car, or used his phone, they could suspect criminality, but it doesn't seem like they were able to do that.

People DO leave their families, even kids, every day. Sometimes life gets too hard, or they have gotten into a mess, or they see some other life they think they would like more. You just never know what is going on in someone else's head.

I'm leaning towards that he left the wallet at home on purpose. After all if I would forget my wallet and realize while driving to work or when at work that I don't have it on me, I would call home to ask whether I left it at home. I would be worried that I lost it somewhere on the way and someone would find it and use my cards etc. So, first thing I would call home and ask if my wallet is there. He did not do that, did he? That's why I think he deliberately left it at home. The question is why?

Here's the thing (for me). He left his wallet in the garage, which means it made it out there with him that far. So what next? Enter car to go to work early morning? Why didn't he put his wallet in his back pocket before taking off? Why leave it lying in garage?

:twocents: He's a tall, good looking guy. My opinion only I think he had a girl friend and split. :twocents:

Good point about did he call his wife and ask to see if he left his wallet behind. My husband does this ALL THE TIME. He forgets his wallet or work badge and calls me from down the street or halfway to work, i.e. to see if I can find it.

Wondering, did he get paid in cash when he went to work in Brooklyn?

Good point about did he call his wife and ask to see if he left his wallet behind. My husband does this ALL THE TIME. He forgets his wallet or work badge and calls me from down the street or halfway to work, i.e. to see if I can find it.

Exactly, it's what most will do.

Unless he was very preoccupied and stressed and didn't even realize he didn't have it with him until the train station where he was looking for it under the car seat?

Exactly, it's what most will do.

Unless he was very preoccupied and stressed and didn't even realize he didn't have it with him until the train station where he was looking for it under the car seat?

But why was he so stressed, if so? Something had to have been going on with him, so not just a normal day of a happy, average man, IMO. Plus I thought his wife said he would not leave his car at the station, or do I have that wrong?

But why was he so stressed, if so? Something had to have been going on with him, so not just a normal day of a happy, average man, IMO. Plus I thought his wife said he would not leave his car at the station, or do I have that wrong?

Yes she said that.

All the wallet scenarios don't make sense for a happy normal person. Either you forget it and then you would call home, which he didn't. Or you don't realize you forgot it because you're so stressed out. Or you forgot it on purpose.

So, yes I agree with you, something must have been going on with him.

His wife didn't say whether he is paid by check or in cash but she did say he was not paid that Friday.

How did she no she only spoke with him at 9 am for 45 min he never made it home

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

There is something that troubles me and that is the way the searches are scheduled. Like we will have a search on Thursday at 10:00 and on Sat at 11:00 and a week from Monday (just examples not actual statements - but you get the drift) I think if it were my husband I would be searching constantly. I couldn't stand to wait for a week, etc. IMO

There is something that troubles me and that is the way the searches are scheduled. Like we will have a search on Thursday at 10:00 and on Sat at 11:00 and a week from Monday (just examples not actual statements - but you get the drift) I think if it were my husband I would be searching constantly. I couldn't stand to wait for a week, etc. IMO

I know, we see this in lot of cases. But maybe the holiday is interfering and family may well be searching on their own daily.

What kind of drives me crazy is when fundraisers and vigils are planned a month or more off, like it is an assumption the person won't be found, but that is just one of my head-scratching things.

why did rob work all day then leaving on his own that theroy i dont buy one because we can all leave that dont mean i dont get my id or say goodbye to my kids i would think when u search this week ur looking for a body cause unless rob lives in the woods and is a camper and eats off the land ur not gonna find someone alive 3 weeks now since he was last seen or u think suicede and ur looking for him imo

being employed as a electrician for a company I don't think it's a stretch that Mr.Mayer did side work for extra income,some of which could have been squirreled away for a rainy day.....

He left his wallet,but took his cell phone. Is it known if the phone was in the vehicle ? If he left voluntarily, what would be a reason to take his phone ? Could there have been texts or photos on the phone ? Someone's number that he didn't want known ? Something that he did not want his family to see ? moo

Sounds like he drove to the station and got into someone's vehicle there. moo

Were the "debilitating headaches " migraine ? Or was he facing a situation which was causing him a high degree of stress ? MOO

Electricians can work in a lot of places. It's a very portable type of job. MOO

Note that I don't actually subscribe to any/all of these statements, just trying to think through potential reasons and arguments.

How and why did the car get to the train station?:

1) Robert drove it there himself, to take a train. He took a train instead of his car because he felt his car was noticeable/traceable/identifiable if found with him. He did not leave the car in Brooklyn and take the subway either because he wanted to intentionally misdirect regarding his disappearance, or he was taking the train to eastern LI. Robert getting on the train in this scenario is an intentional and permanent disappearance. If he was doing something temporary i.e. "a surprise for the wife", he wouldn't have gone without his wallet - he had to have cash or a ticket already. A darker variant of this scenario has him disappearing, only to find a place to take his own life where he could not be easily seen or found.

Thoughts: This sounds fairly plausible to me.

2) Robert drove it there himself, to meet someone. "I'll meet you at the ticket house or near it, by the red Pontiac, at Deer Park." Not an unreasonable place to meet someone for some purpose. Since his family was not aware, it's extremely likely that there was something "wrong" about this meeting. Sex, drugs, blackmail, etc. In this scenario, again due to the missing wallet, Robert may have either then intentionally disappeared after the meeting, on the train by himself or with the other person, or got in another car with the other person. A darker variant of this scenario is that the person or persons he met with took him away unwillingly and he was killed, and his body hidden.

Thoughts: This also sounds fairly plausible to me. If it was a premeditated disappearance, it seems very possible he had an accomplice or at least a plan involving someone else, either at Deer Park or at some other location he went to via the train, as with option 1 above. With both, it's notable that if he was in Huntington at 1:45pm, he was on his way home earlier than usual (usually arrived home around 3pm according to wife.) This fits a premeditated scenario in which he wanted to get a "head start" without rousing too much suspicion (as he would have if he had skipped out on work - he called his wife from there at 9am.)

3) Robert drove it there himself, during some "episode"/mental state of confusion. Then, he disappeared and ended up somewhere not easily found, either via an accident or random foul play in his vulnerable state.

Thoughts: I find this doubtful. I don't think he could have or would have driven and parked there in a confused mental state. And if he did, he would likely have been found or seen by someone, he could have asked someone for help. If he had gotten on the train in this state, the conductor would have become aware of the problem. The wife has not replied yet to the question about his alleged headaches or any possible existing condition.

4) Someone stole the car, and drove it to the station before ditching it there, the perp either getting in another car or hopping on the train. The phone in this scenario may have been taken by the perp, and the phone either died on its own or was intentionally disabled, or the foul play event happened after the last cell phone ping, between Huntington and Deer Park. Robert must have come to harm in this scenario, and the perp is either someone he knew or had dealings with (allowing the crime to take place out of view) or a random stranger.

Thoughts: I found this doubtful. I believe his wife saw where the cell phone pinged roughly in Huntington and it made sense to her as being on his way home. The odds of someone carjacking him or similar earlier, and then coincidentally driving the same way he goes home, and going to a train station near his house, seem slim. So any foul play would have had to have happened after the cell phone ping at 1:45pm near Huntington. But I don't see what really could have happened to a 6'1'' 200 lb man in broad daylight in that region of Suffolk County if he was just going home on his usual major thoroughfares that would result in him being carjacked, robbed, and killed, without anyone seeing anything or the body being discovered.

How did she no she only spoke with him at 9 am for 45 min he never made it home

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone else find it odd he was able to talk to his wife for 45 min while at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3