NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in the NYC area, but I have union construction friends and some don't get involved in the after work activities such as poker games and strippers. They usually can't wait to go home (tired and burnt out). I'm sure there is a group who do participate in those activities though, especially stopping for a beer or two. I can see someone doing that from time to time, even if they don't plan on sticking around to play poker.

JMO

Yes that is true. My SIL is a electrician and he is dirty. His work clothes are full of dust. Its over his whole body. The minute he gets home he showers.

I could be way off base on this, but did he have any chronic pains or injuries in the past? Maybe he was addicted to pain killers and he was hiding that fact from his family? Maybe he needed a few bucks to pick up a dose? Also, did his wife know he was going to stop at the scrap yard that afternoon?

First, Glad to see you here on this thread!

There was mention that he suffered from head aches and the discussion went on to maybe he had a brain tumor causing him to become confused.

Yes that is true. My SIL is a electrician and he is dirty. His work clothes are full of dust. Its over his whole body. The minute he gets home he showers.
Can't remember if we've discussed this before, and honestly....too tired to go read all the back....

If he was dirty when he got home from work, wonder if he would usually strip in the garage - if the laundry room is by the garage door into the house? That would make sense that he cleaned out his pockets and pullled wallet out, while still in garage?

Sorry if we've already been over this. I can't remember!!! :banghead:

Can't remember if we've discussed this before, and honestly....too tired to go read all the back....

If he was dirty when he got home from work, wonder if he would usually strip in the garage - if the laundry room is by the garage door into the house? That would make sense that he cleaned out his pockets and pullled wallet out, while still in garage?

Sorry if we've already been over this. I can't remember!!! :banghead:

Yes that could be a possiblity.

If he is alive and living somewhere isn"t he worried about her and his children? Maybe LE is getting closer to the truth and told IM not to reveal everything. Idk but I hope he is still alive and not dead.

It's beyond my comprehension that not one person besides the people in the scrapyard saw this Man that day. Even if he left on his own, he would need to go somewhere to buy food and clothes. If he took a train, a conductor would have seen him, and there are multiple cameras on every street in New York. He simply disappeared into thin air..

Yes, and there are also surveillance systems that keep track of our license plates...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/07/17/license-plate-scanners-aclu-privacy/2524939/

I forgot, were dogs used at the scape yard where he was last seen?

Thanks!
It's :banghead: that they weren't, no?
That's exactly where the K9's should have been brought, immediately upon finding out Robert Mayer was last seen there. Why weren't they, I wonder?

That's exactly where the K9's should have been brought, immediately upon finding out Robert Mayer was last seen there. Why weren't they, I wonder?

I wonder the same. Perhaps the scrap yard witness stated they saw him leave, so that's why they didn't search?

I wonder the same. Perhaps the scrap yard witness stated they saw him leave, so that's why they didn't search?

I agree - sound like because of the witness(s)... Still, unless LE knows the witness(s) to be trustworthy, using dogs there would be helpful IMO.

I agree - sound like because of the witness(s)... Still, unless LE knows the witness(s) to be trustworthy, using dogs there would be helpful IMO.

Even if LE thinks the witness is trustworthy, with no working cameras to back them up - you'd think they'd bring the dogs in.

Snips & Bolds by me:
http://longisland.news12.com/news/f...oating-in-hempstead-lake-state-park-1.5722424

Re: Body found in Hempstead Lake, they're saying it may be a woman who went missing on Father's Day weekend. Body badly decomposed? This would be the same time RM went missing. Would a body be that badly decomposed in this amount of time?

With the heat wave we're having, I'd think that would account for the decomposition.

The rate of decomposition depends on many factors including temperature, humidity, body size, weight, environment (in water vs in a building for an example), clothing, covering and soil. There are also internal processes that factor into the rate.

Let's remember that this info came out 2 weeks later. :twocents:

Maybe because of the neighbour's surveillance camera? I know this is not confirmed but could be that LE had a look at it, so cancelled the dog search of the scrap yard that was announced at one point.

That may be, I'm just going by what we''ve read by IM saying that she found out from co-workers @end of June. Who knows.....

That's right...IM stated his co-workers suggested she check there at the end of June. Does anyone know how long is too long for a dog to track a scent? Would his scent be gone in 2 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko