NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled. Found nothing. Checked phone number too. Matched what I googled. A graphic designer in Maine, a chef, someone in Nassau county. I think it's someone messing with the page.

I googled. Found nothing. Checked phone number too. Matched what I googled. A graphic designer in Maine, a chef, someone in Nassau county. I think it's someone messing with the page.

Ugh. I clicked on his profile and it looks real. I really hope someone isn't being so cruel as to mess with IM.

Plus HBO doesn't put out news stories. I'm just not buying it. I'll sit back and see what pans out.

I'm on this page every morning and at night when I come home from work. When my BF comes home from work he asks "anything on the electrician?.". He's ex-local 3. We saw the first report on RM missing on June 15 and have been obsessed since. I am on IM FB page more than mine lately. And BF is in bed and I'm here on the couch hoping for some resolution. WHAT IS WRONG with me. LOL.

No, this case is a pretty strange one, even for those of us who have followed many. Partly because he is a male, his age, family, situation, etc. we don't see one like this often.

Here's a thought. We know the reported phone data. Last ping at 1:45. Phone dead at 2:45. How far back can we go researching phone pings? Can we go back a month? 2 months? Can we establish a pattern? Was he going somewhere every Friday? Was he apparently almost home from work an hour early every Friday? Did he always go to a scrap yard every Friday? What about other days of the week? Did he make it to places on other Fridays that we can pinpoint? Maybe they were unsavory places. Could he have been somewhere on these Fridays that just happened to go bad this time but never had gone bad before? Can a historical search reveal a pattern that shows what those place(s) might be?

As am I, I really don't know why I am so obsessed.

Maybe obsession is an affliction for us WS newbies? :newhere:

I'm on this page every morning and at night when I come home from work. .............. WHAT IS WRONG with me. LOL.

Because we are :websleuther:

Sometimes a particular case just GRABS you. Others, not so much. There are so many gone missing cases - many new ones daily. Some that grab me come to a quick resolution (alive and safe or sadly found deceased). Others go on for weeks and months (even years). I believe WS has made a difference in several cases and certainly has helped families in a crisis.

This case is a humdinger. :fence:

Clemenza, I agree that a historical search would reveal patterns and suggest routine activities. That can be very time & manpower intensive. A local law enforcement may not have that resource in some cases OR may not decide to take that path. A PI could pull it together but that cost $$ and would also likely take a good bit of time. The answer to what has happened with RM -could very well be found through a look-back search.

Clemenza, I agree that a historical search would reveal patterns and suggest routine activities. That can be very time & manpower intensive. A local law enforcement may not have that resource in some cases OR may not decide to take that path. A PI could pull it together but that cost $$ and would also likely take a good bit of time. The answer to what has happened with RM -could very well be found through a look-back search.

You may be right. But, it could also be as easy as hitting a key on a keyboard. In about 5 minutes I can bring up TENS OF THOUSANDS of texts my kids have made over a range of months by just logging on to my cell phone service provider. I'd think the service providers can provide LE with what they are looking for rather easily. Maybe pings are a whole different story. Who knows? Yeah, it may cost some extra money if you have to ask a PI. I think the M's have it. Or we could just ask Obama. ;)

President of HBO???? On the RM FB search page? I don't think so. There has been no press whatsoever on this case.

Actually, he checks out. He's on LinkedIn as a working for a company called "Rough Hewn Productions" as an Art Director/President. It looks like this group does work for HBO.

Here's a thought. We know the reported phone data. Last ping at 1:45. Phone dead at 2:45. How far back can we go researching phone pings? Can we go back a month? 2 months? Can we establish a pattern? Was he going somewhere every Friday? Was he apparently almost home from work an hour early every Friday? Did he always go to a scrap yard every Friday? What about other days of the week? Did he make it to places on other Fridays that we can pinpoint? Maybe they were unsavory places. Could he have been somewhere on these Fridays that just happened to go bad this time but never had gone bad before? Can a historical search reveal a pattern that shows what those place(s) might be?

Great idea! He could even have set up a meeting with someone a week prior and forgot to tell his wife.

One thing I noticed, his car is a head turner. Even though it is a 2004 model, it catches one's attention. Someone could have thought he had money. Just a thought.

Hi all, this is my first post but I've been following this thread for a few weeks now. I work a few miles from Arrow Scrap in West Babylon so decided to take a drive over in that area today around 2 pm. At that time of day, there were very few people to be seen, in fact i counted three while traveling south on Kean towards Edison.There are plenty of abandoned buildings, overgrown lots, and in general, it's quite a creepy area IMO. Does anyone know if this area has been K9 searched?
One thing that caught my attention.. A few buildings south of Arrow Scrap is an adult entertainment place called "Cherry Bombz". I am not sure if I am allowed to present a scenario, but what if Robert went to Arrow, then decided to stop there? Could this place have cameras? It would seem a place like that would have a regular crowd especially on a Friday afternoon-- has there been any interviews conducted there?

After reading this post again, I think LE should check this area out as well as Cherry Bombz. It can't hurt. His cherry red car would stick out in that area, I'm sure. Maybe it caught the wrong person's attention.

How did IM get this info? Was the receipt found in the car? Was it just the scrap metal yard's word/memory? Did they have a record of it? And if they did, was the receipt time stamped? And if the claim they require ID, how did the transaction go down if RM had no wallet or ID with him? They obviously didn't follow the law as they state they do? Or did RM have some sort of ID, maybe a work ID with his photo on it? Maybe even a fake ID?

Maybe he was searching for his wallet under the seat, which is why it was moved up?

Something rubs me the wrong way about this scrap yard situation.

I wonder if the metal he was selling was from his job or from his home?

I watched an episode of Intervention earlier and on this episode, an addict was selling scrap metal for drug money. He was a perfectly good guy and eventually got clean and sober. The whole scrap metal thing made me think of RM.

Where could he be???? I hope he's alive somewhere and surfaces soon.

Interesting, since he forgot his wallet. He must have had another ID on him or they knew him well enough.

Someone here (sorry forgot who) earlier said one of their family members is an electrician and always has this id card hanging from his neck, company issued, I assume? Maybe RM had one like that and the scrap yard accepted it.

Mystery case. For me it's impossible to form a clear opinion. He could be anywhere, dead or alive imo.

The missing bike has bothered me.
What was his biking history? How did he transport it? Did he just ride off from home? (I personally have done both)
I don't believe it fit in his car. Some mention removing the wheel-but I don't think he would do that because he loved his car and that might damage it.
The bike was noticed after his disappearance, but I wonder if it was missing prior? We don't know that.

IM has addressed this: Paraphrasing-
Rob would occasionally ride after work, but would not park @station just ride to destination/trails. She thinks bike would not fit in car. Probably not ridden since last summer.

Could he have lent it to a friend?

Could someone have met him that day for a ride, using their vehicle to transport? That might address the video rumors that his car was seen at home that afternoon. IDK.

Or perhaps the bike is insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member