NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, he checks out. He's on LinkedIn as a working for a company called "Rough Hewn Productions" as an Art Director/President. It looks like this group does work for HBO.

He seems legit to me. He also seems like a bright caring guy. He seems to have a deadline and needs the info asap- Hope he gets what he needs quickly, and that they have called him to follow up. :twocents:

Another thought about the 1:45 phone ping. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If Rob headed down to scrap yard at 2:15, wouldn't the last ping be closer to there? :twocents:

Another thought about the 1:45 phone ping. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If Rob headed down to scrap yard at 2:15, wouldn't the last ping be closer to there? :twocents:

That bothers me too Bunny. There's an hour between the last ping and when they think the phone was shut off. How can there be no pings for an hour?

That bothers me too Bunny. There's an hour between the last ping and when they think the phone was shut off. How can there be no pings for an hour?

I don't know, just seems odd to me that there isn't a ping closer to scrap yard. I won't answer my phone when I'm driving, hate the darn thing. IM mentions Rob is not "techy" and doesn't really use computer ( someone asked if computers were checked). Perhaps his phone was ringing and he shut it off? IDK.

I signed up with WS after seeing the missing notice for Robert Mayer on someone's Facebook page. Someone mentioned the viewers who aren't posting, should post with their opinion...So here goes, for whatever it's worth (which isn't much!)

First off, my prayers and thoughts go out to his wife and kids. I cannot even imagine. The wife is amazingly strong.

After reading all of the posts on here and the small amount of news coverage, here is what I think:

In CT there was a case of a nice guy gone missing while out for a run. Family guy who seemed to live for his wife and kids and looked like he had everything going for him. After searching for a couple of days, he was found in the woods. Sadly, he had killed himself.
Due to the latest information saying Robert was happy in life, I doubt this is the case. The only thing that makes me wonder is if he was having extremely bad headaches, which sometimes can be a sign of a serious condition. I am hoping it did not mean he had a brain tumor or something else that caused him to act completely out of character. I would think though there would be other times he was acting out of character lately, and this has not been stated.

The missing bike. More info, as you know, is needed on this. Did he regularly ride his bike and wear a helmet? That would explain why the seat was pushed all the way up. (if his bike could fit in back seat of car with wheel off perhaps). Perhaps he went biking and suffered a medical emergency.
Have all bike trails been searched? Most likely after coming home from work, I would think he would tell his wife he was going out for a bike ride.

Did he regularly turn his phone off and had he left his wallet at home before? I forget my ID or wallet often. I also annoy everyone I know by turning my cell off sometimes.

I hope LE has found out more through his cell phone records, e-mails sent, internet usage, etc. There could be a lot more to his personal life than has been released in the news.

Doesn't a father/son/husband who plans to run off show some signs before this? Or can it just happen out of the blue? There has to be some way to find out if he had another cell phone, bank account, anything that he would need to start a new life somewhere. From what I read, he just does not have the characteristics of a guy who would do this to his wife/kids/mother.

Like I said, my two cents can't help. I am as stumped on this case as most everyone else is. I have a lot of free time (too much) on my hands after being laid off from work, so if anyone in the NYC area needs me to help in this, I can. I just hope the family has a good outcome very soon.

I've been thinking all night. Here's a liely scenario. He gets off work a bit early and stops at scrap yard (last place seen and this is verified). He has no ID(verified). He possibly gets into an argument. Being RM is a big guy, I'm seeing a two or three on one situation. Let's say two big guys and a little guy. Something goes really wrong, maybe just one punch but RM goes down hard and bangs his head and dies. Big guys panic, throw little guy the car keys and tell him to dump it at the train station (IMO the best place to "hide" a car to buy some time.). Little guy moves seat up (I'm taking the seat up as verified). No scent of RM at train station (verified) because he didn't drive the car. Big guys take care of business back at the scrap yard.

Or he's on a beach in Costa Rica.

I don't know, just seems odd to me that there isn't a ping closer to scrap yard. I won't answer my phone when I'm driving, hate the darn thing. IM mentions Rob is not "techy" and doesn't really use computer ( someone asked if computers were checked). Perhaps his phone was ringing and he shut it off? IDK.

I guess the real question is, how often does a typical cell phone (iphone in this case), Ping? Once every hour (1:45--2:45) seems rather odd, I would think. I also read somewhere that even though a phone is off, the GPS can be tracked if the phone is equipped with it.

Assuming that a phone pings quite often, I am thinking something happened to him (or his phone) closer to 1:45, rather than 2:15 or 2:45.

I've been thinking all night. Here's a liely scenario. He gets off work a bit early and stops at scrap yard (last place seen and this is verified). He has no ID(verified). He possibly gets into an argument. Being RM is a big guy, I'm seeing a two or three on one situation. Let's say two big guys and a little guy. Something goes really wrong, maybe just one punch but RM goes down hard and bangs his head and dies. Big guys panic, throw little guy the car keys and tell him to dump it at the train station (IMO the best place to "hide" a car to buy some time.). Little guy moves seat up (I'm taking the seat up as verified). No scent of RM at train station (verified) because he didn't drive the car. Big guys take care of business back at the scrap yard.

Or he's on a beach in Costa Rica.

I had mentioned this exact scenario a while ago, and I still believe it. It totally makes sense. Scrap yards (auughhh) unfortunately have huge machines that (auughh) do some serious damage, I can imagine what it does to a body.

The only thing that bothers me about it....it's just TOO CLEAN IMO. This seems like a professional job. I think if this was something spontaneous, it would have been a bit more messy.

Even if he didn't answer it would still ping. Somehow the call has to go from a tower to his phone to make it ring.

We both spoke of this a while ago. Clean? Yes, why not. It could have taken only a few minutes to go down. And scrap yard was only brought to IMs attention 2 weeks after RM went missing, plenty of time to clean up the scene. RM and all his personal affects just go poof. Explains why nothing personal has been found. Phone, ray ban sunglasses, car keys could be in a bush anywhere.

Or it could just appear clean to us. We only know what they want us to know.

I am sure LE have a lot of clues to sift through. They apparently don't need the public's help or it would be all over the news.

I guess the real question is, how often does a typical cell phone (iphone in this case), Ping? Once every hour (1:45--2:45) seems rather odd, I would think. I also read somewhere that even though a phone is off, the GPS can be tracked if the phone is equipped with it.

Assuming that a phone pings quite often, I am thinking something happened to him (or his phone) closer to 1:45, rather than 2:15 or 2:45.

I read that too. Even if turned off can be tracked, unless battery is removed? IDK anything about pings and how it works.

Where does crushed scrap go? Crushed cars? Recycling plants? Im sure Arrow scrap has contracts with recycling companies or hauling companies and wondering if this aspect is being looked into by LE.

I read that too. Even if turned off can be tracked, unless battery is removed? IDK anything about pings and how it works.

From having done a deep dive into Casey Anthony's cellphone records, I can tell you that the cell service provider can turn over a detailed report of every call and text and information about the cell tower.

It's been awhile, but I'm sure you can find the report by googling it to see what I'm talking about.

Serious question. I joined this site a few weeks ago because I found it while researching this case, and really liked the way everyone works together, respects opinions, etc. is it normal to have people show up, post a few really offbeat posts then disappear?

If you are referring to verified insiders, I read and lurk WS a lot and it does happen. I'm a pretty good judge of people and can usually spot the off balanced or loonies if you prefer. Those are few and far between here because of the vetting process. Most are the real thing. Some come on for a while then life happens and they leave. Some stay permanently and even go on to other cases. I hope this answers part of your question.

My daughter had her I phone stolen/lost (depends who you believe, that's a whole other story LOL). As I've mentioned before, I'm a technological dope but IIRC this is how it went. I was told the once the phone was turned off they couldn't find it. Even if it had power, they couldn't find it unless she had downloaded the "Find My Iphone App". I think they would have been able to do a data wipe through I cloud if the phone was on. But, whoever had it knew to turn it off right away making it untraceable. At the end of the day, the result was her having to get another phone. They could not track it.

I've been thinking about this too. What I am puzzled by is if the last ping was at 1:45 in Melville on route 110 and then next time Robert was seen was at 2:15 at Arrow (and no pings) where was he or the phone for that half hour? From route 110 Melville to Arrow in West Babylon, a likely route would be to take Pinelawn Road south. That , even in the worst traffic conditions, would take no more than 15 minutes. Also, with Republic Airport right there as well, I find it hard to believe that if the phone was on during that half hour that there were no pings. I agree with Jerry516 on something happening closer to 1:45 than 2:15 or 2:45.

Could the airport have anything to do with no pings being recorded? Interference with radar etc?

Where does crushed scrap go? Crushed cars? Recycling plants? Im sure Arrow scrap has contracts with recycling companies or hauling companies and wondering if this aspect is being looked into by LE.

I doubt it because LE does not think a crime has been committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez