NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked that question to NCNY and she/he said no.

In one of our old friend's NCNYS' post, he did state that RM was into martial arts, and according to him very skilled in it. He wasnt a recreational class taker. Made me think he can at least put up some sort of fight in a one on one.

Then again, what is the old saying? Never Bring a knife to a gun fight?

OT...If you need another weird case...59-yr old Susan Jacobsen vanished while, apparently, shopping at a grocery store in CA on a weekday morning. Her car was found in the lot. She has been missing almost three months and getting very little press.

Yes, very parallel. :-(

In one of our old friend's NCNYS' post, he did state that RM was into martial arts, and according to him very skilled in it. He wasnt a recreational class taker. Made me think he can at least put up some sort of fight in a one on one.

Then again, what is the old saying? Never Bring a knife to a gun fight?

Ty Jerry516. I did not know this. I only ask if he belonged to a gym.

:seeya:

Yes that was me. :seeya: I just ask my SIL what kind of picture ID he has and he says he has 2 picture ID's. One is a State ID and the other is a Company ID, which he needs when he goes to Rikers Island.

Gee I did not even know this, 2 ID's... WOW.

what does "sil" stand for? i think sister in law, but you say "he". this has kept me up at night! tia~

Just stumbled upon this story

Family Reels After Married Dad Vanishes for 16 Years, Reappears Gay

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-reels-married-dad-vanishes-16-years-reappears/story?id=19712227

That would be an angle we haven't brought up here yet. But as so many theories would remain pure speculation, at least for now, it seems.

I saw that on 20/20 last night. One of our fellow WS sleuthers brought up the possibility that RM could have left because of his sexuality. It is a possibility, but I doubt it.

There is something very fishy with this disappearance. I can't help but wonder if more was going on than what has publicly been stated. This guy just vanished -poof - into thin air, just as Susan Jacobson did in Roseville, CA three months ago. Real head scratchers.

BBM

I think Mod here states that RM FB Group page is an official site for us.
You can reference the FB site, but it's still social media, and the posts are not considered "official".

I saw that on 20/20 last night. One of our fellow WS sleuthers brought up the possibility that RM could have left because of his sexuality. It is a possibility, but I doubt it.

There is something very fishy with this disappearance. I can't help but wonder if more was going on than what has publicly been stated. This guy just vanished -poof - into thin air, just as Susan Jacobson did in Roseville, CA three months ago. Real head scratchers.

Yes, both of these disappearances are affecting me, as on the surface, there seems to be no reason for either one. Often, we see someone, usually as woman, vanish and then learn of domestic abuse, or affairs, for example. But these are two middle-aged adults, seemingly settled in their lives, Susan awaiting her first grandchild. And her disappearance seems to be causing even less of a stir in her community than Robert's, though he has not really been getting much attention either. Very odd.

The key to this case is the scrap yard IMO, I can't see him going there if he was about to run way...
He loved his car, don't think he would have left it away from home if he was going to take off.

A very long-shot reason for a person to vanish themselves is if they know they have a terrible aliment and want to end it all, yet don't want to jeopardize a large life insurance policy... yet, even that doesn't play in my mind..

The key to this case is the scrap yard IMO, I can't see him going there if he was about to run way...
He loved his car, don't think he would have left it away from home if he was going to take off.

A very long-shot reason for a person to vanish themselves is if they know they have a terrible aliment and want to end it all, yet don't want to jeopardize a large life insurance policy... yet, even that doesn't play in my mind..

No, because of the long wait involved for family, if his body was not found. And in a suicide, it just is not that easy to hide your own body.

No, because of the long wait involved for family, if his body was not found. And in a suicide, it just is not that easy to hide your own body.

Like I said, "even that doesn't play in my mind"... There was a case where a man hired someone to kill him so his family could collect insurance money IIRC...

But, what is your feeling about the scrape yard?

Just stumbled upon this story

Family Reels After Married Dad Vanishes for 16 Years, Reappears Gay
http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-reels-married-dad-vanishes-16-years-reappears/story?id=19712227
That would be an angle we haven't brought up here yet. But as so many theories would remain pure speculation, at least for now, it seems.

Interesting case. Thanks for posting the link. I see several similarities; this could be what happened with RM - the deciding to take off. On the other hand, it can be at least 4 other possibilities. I hope the family does not have to go through the same heartache.

Like I said, "even that doesn't play in my mind"... There was a case where a man hired someone to kill him so his family could collect insurance money IIRC...

But, what is your feeling about the scrape yard?

If they knew him there, it may have been a fairly mundane and routine transaction. Perhaps he found something on the way home and stopped to pick up a few bucks in cash. I don't know that it is relevant to what happened to him, unless he encountered trouble leaving there,was followed,,etc.

I really feel the scrap yard is the key to this. At first I thought he ran off...I'm not leaning toward that anymore.

snipped:
If they knew him there, it may have been a fairly mundane and routine transaction.

The way you said that got me thinking, "Wow, this poor guy really got blindsided by something!" Don't know why, but I just get the feeling he never saw whatever happened coming...

Yes! It really is too coincidental ... and considering he is a big guy, car jacking seems less likely...
Only thing I can think of is some kind of secret life, or a mistaken identity... on other threads often when a dead-end is reached, the long-shot theories come out, such as perhaps he was in witness protection and be found out.... since he seemed to always come home after work, his having secret affair doesn't seem likely, unless something over internet, but that should be know by now....
something to do with stolen copper? Going to spill the beans on something he knew about and didn't like taking places?? - LE would have had suspicions....
So, it's a real mystery and my conjecture is just that, and without any real merit.

Seems like he either got ambushed by someone or he had a secret addiction. If so, I'm thinking pain pills. Perhaps he sold the bike for a fix or two. I could be waaaay off base on this, but I had a friend about his age who did some incredible things because he had an addiction to oxicodone. He came from a happy marriage with kids too. He was clearly middle class. His wife and everybody else had no idea of what he was doing, until he was caught. It was a shock. It all started with back pain. Like I said, I could be totally wrong, but I'm just throwing out this possibility because it does happen to people.

However, I'm still bothered by the lack of scent at the train station and the other oddities (seat up in car). This suggests some kind of foul play scenario to me. Maybe a perp didn't believe him when he said he didn't have his wallet and it went really bad at that point.

JMO

snipped to something I hadn't thought about ...
Maybe a perp didn't believe him when he said he didn't have his wallet and it went really bad at that point.
JMO

Wow! That would be some really bad luck! Hadn't thought about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader