NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he either got ambushed by someone or he had a secret addiction. If so, I'm thinking pain pills. Perhaps he sold the bike for a fix or two. I could be waaaay off base on this, but I had a friend about his age who did some incredible things because he had an addiction to oxicodone. He came from a happy marriage with kids too. He was clearly middle class. His wife and everybody else had no idea of what he was doing, until he was caught. It was a shock. It all started with back pain. Like I said, I could be totally wrong, but I'm just throwing out this possibility because it does happen to people.

However, I'm still bothered by the lack of scent at the train station and the other oddities (seat up in car). This suggests some kind of foul play scenario to me. Maybe a perp didn't believe him when he said he didn't have his wallet and it went really bad at that point.

JMO

I also know a middle aged, middle class, married guy who was very much in the same position. Got hooked on some pills and nobody knew about it. Got caught at work and it was a shock to the family. They worked it out, he got into therapy and charges were dropped. They were lucky.

Yes it does happen. To people where seemingly all is well.

Good Morning---First time poster long time lurker

I have been reading all the amazing and insightful posts since RM first went missing and i hope I can contribute something of value. This may be a little scattered but here I go:

1) were RM's tools found in the car? Or ar they still on the job?

2) where is his Union card? A Union electrician must carry his at all times on the job--they may be asked to present it at any time.

3) the kids-- were they home when he was usually arriving home?? His usual time home was about 3pm.

4) the car--I should call it THE CAR b/c something is hinky about it. He purported loved THE CAR so much that he drove it every day into Brooklyn from LI? Would get into it in his dirty work clothes from a job site? And it was found at a train station that (gasp!) RM would not leave his car at but (gasp) it was parked in a spot where he used to park it. Its too contrived to my thinking. Also was there gas in the car?

5) Has LE or anyone contacted LE in Conn.? Its a quick ride on the ferry from either Orient Point or Pt Jeff to Conn. He would be a walk on ID isn't necessary I'd think.

6) It's my opinion that he left voluntarily. Hopefully he will contact his family to let them know he is alive and put their minds and hearts at rest just a bit.

FB indicates a search this morning at 9:AM starting at train station.
They will be filming. They mention the scrap yards and possible searching there as well.

I'm glad the weather broke, it was brutal all week.

Good Morning---First time poster long time lurker

I have been reading all the amazing and insightful posts since RM first went missing and i hope I can contribute something of value. This may be a little scattered but here I go:

1) were RM's tools found in the car? Or ar they still on the job? We don't know

2) where is his Union card? A Union electrician must carry his at all times on the job--they may be asked to present it at any time. Some suggested ID is worn round neck

3) the kids-- were they home when he was usually arriving home?? His usual time home was about 3pm. We don't know, TOS restricts sleuthing minors

4) the car--I should call it THE CAR b/c something is hinky about it. He purported loved THE CAR so much that he drove it every day into Brooklyn from LI? Would get into it in his dirty work clothes from a job site? And it was found at a train station that (gasp!) RM would not leave his car at but (gasp) it was parked in a spot where he used to park it. Its too contrived to my thinking. Also was there gas in the car? I agree, especially trying to fit a bike in small back seat, don't know about gas

5) Has LE or anyone contacted LE in Conn.? Its a quick ride on the ferry from either Orient Point or Pt Jeff to Conn. He would be a walk on ID isn't necessary I'd think. He could have gone anywhere IMO, train as well, Fire Island too, I mentioned very early on that 3 small airports require no ID

6) It's my opinion that he left voluntarily. Hopefully he will contact his family to let them know he is alive and put their minds and hearts at rest just a bit.

Thanks and welcome! :seeya:
Red by me.

Regarding search today, Matty(video producer) is asking for specific answers, police report, friends etc.
I'm glad he is helping. Maybe we'll get some answers. :please:

:tyou: hot cawfee for joining and sharing your thoughts.

Reading your post I just had a thought re the car being left in the spot he used to choose when taking the train years ago.

Speculating that a person who knew RM many years ago and knew about his favourite parking spot but did not know that he wasn't going by train anymore because they lost contact, left it there, thinking it would look normal if the car would be found there. Thinking it would look like he went to work in the morning, leaving his car at the train station but never made it back from work.

Hot cawfee/and others- I've seen on FB where Ida has commented on the parking spot at the station. The car was not necessarily found in the SAME FAVORITE SPOT he always used 5-6 years ago. That has been repeated so many times erroneously that it has become sort of common knowledge but isn't known to be true. The postings have increased dramatically in the recent past and I couldn't quickly find where she said that. But it's there if you want to search for it.

Hot cawfee/and others- I've seen on FB where Ida has commented on the parking spot at the station. The car was not necessarily found in the SAME FAVORITE SPOT he always used 5-6 years ago. That has been repeated so many times erroneously that it has become sort of common knowledge but isn't known to be true. The postings have increased dramatically in the recent past and I couldn't quickly find where she said that. But it's there if you want to search for it.

Even if it is not the exact spot do you think it shows that whoever parked the car had knowledge of where he usually parked? Which would indicate that either RM parked the car, or someone who wanted it to look like RM parked the car, and got on the train.

I'm just curious as a former skip tracer ( for years I worked in collections, gasp! I was a nice one!!) what his background is like financially. What property he owns or has owned? What his credit/debt situation was like?

Where does his family reside? Any other children or previous marriages? Does he have a gun license? How about insurance benefits? Are his children under his policy? Would he abandon them and leave them with no medical?

Has he ever been arrested? Can IM confirm that there has been no addiction history? It wa of my opinion when NY was posting here that addiction, could be a potential reason for him being gone. I could have interpreted it wrong though...

I don't know why but I still at times feel strongly that this is drug related, I wish I could pinpoint why.

I know we don't know the answers to my above questions. I'm just thinking out loud this morning and hoping we can maybe think of some other angles.

The car was not necessarily found in the SAME FAVORITE SPOT he always used 5-6 years ago. That has been repeated so many times erroneously that it has become sort of common knowledge but isn't known to be true.

Let's assume he didn't have a favorite spot at the train station, it's still sort of a weird spot for someone to park in if they don't want to be noticed.

If he didn't park there and someone else did, and that someone else did not want to be seen driving the car of a missing man, why not park it in one of the other spots in the aisles where you would be less likely to be seen?

This is my problem with the "someone else drove the car" scenario.

:seeya: WELCOME hot cawfee ! Glad you are posting. Good questions.

I join you in hoping that if RM left voluntary .... he will contact someone and end the missing nightmare for his loved ones.

Speculating that a person who knew RM many years ago and knew about his favourite parking spot but did not know that he wasn't going by train anymore because they lost contact, left it there, thinking it would look normal if the car would be found there. Thinking it would look like he went to work in the morning, leaving his car at the train station but never made it back from work.

Ah! Good theory!

That would then assume a relationship with a bad guy that he's known for more than 5 years.

FWIW, I take it to mean the same general parking area, not literally exact spot. Leaving so early in AM would get first dibs on best spots. :twocents:

I cannot get pass the whole story about not parking in the train station. why would he take his car that meant the world to him into Brooklyn everyday. You would think he would have a older car/truck to use. I would think the train station is safer then parking in Brooklyn. One accident and you sit in traffic for hours running up your milege. Also to put your tools and scraps in the trunk, no way. My SIL truck is filthy inside and out especially his seat. Just moo.

I cannot get pass the whole story about not parking in the train station. why would he take his car that meant the world to him into Brooklyn everyday. You would think he would have a older car/truck to use. I would think the train station is safer then parking in Brooklyn. One accident and you sit in traffic for hours running up your milege. Also to put your tools and scraps in the trunk, no way. My SIL truck is filthy inside and out especially his seat. Just moo.

FWIW, someone posted earlier that Rob loved "all his cars". when I asked if he owned more than one, I didn't get an answer. I would still like to know.

FWIW, someone posted earlier that Rob loved "all his cars". when I asked if he owned more than one, I didn't get an answer. I would still like to know.

Yes so would I BunnyHop

I was wondering if someone purposely left the car there hoping it would get stolen!
If not stolen, then left there to focus attention away from the scrap yard where I wish dogs had been used earlier... Too late now...

I was wondering if someone purposely left the car there hoping it would get stolen!
If not stolen, then left there to focus attention away from the scrap yard where I wish dogs had been used earlier... Too late now...

But why lock it up. If they wanted it stolen it would be easy just to leave the window open.

I am hoping he films at Scrap Metal place!! That would sure will make someone scared!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader