NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this too. What I am puzzled by is if the last ping was at 1:45 in Melville on route 110 and then next time Robert was seen was at 2:15 at Arrow (and no pings) where was he or the phone for that half hour? From route 110 Melville to Arrow in West Babylon, a likely route would be to take Pinelawn Road south. That , even in the worst traffic conditions, would take no more than 15 minutes. Also, with Republic Airport right there as well, I find it hard to believe that if the phone was on during that half hour that there were no pings. I agree with Jerry516 on something happening closer to 1:45 than 2:15 or 2:45.

I really never thought about the pings until someone brought it up today. Really quick research revealed a phone pings every few seconds. Not sure if this is accurate, but even if it is every few minutes, we realize that his phone was turned off/destroyed/ whatever at approx 1:45pm.

So two quick scenarios come to mind...
1--He "snapped" during the car ride home, like he was "done with this life"....chucked his phone out of the car into the road and it was destroyed in traffic. Cashes in some scrap, hops on the next train and into the sunset he goes to start over. (Im not believing that, but just a theory).

2--Possible carjacking somehow? Maybe in Brooklyn? Bad guys drive (seat pulled up) with him to scrap yard for some reason (maybe he was stealing a lot of material and the bad guys wanted confirmation by the guys in the scrap yard this was really him, something along those lines), they destroy his phone during the ride once they realize it can be tracked, get to the scrap yard, and they harm him.

But then again, the chances of all this happening on the day he forgets his wallet is just too coincidental for me. JMO:twocents:

Could the airport have anything to do with no pings being recorded? Interference with radar etc?

Is it known that there is zero service near the airport?

A ping is simply a cell tower sending or receiving a message to a phone. No service, no ping.

2--Possible carjacking somehow? Maybe in Brooklyn? Bad guys drive (seat pulled up) with him to scrap yard for some reason (maybe he was stealing a lot of material and the bad guys wanted confirmation by the guys in the scrap yard this was really him, something along those lines), they destroy his phone during the ride once they realize it can be tracked, get to the scrap yard, and they harm him.

But then again, the chances of all this happening on the day he forgets his wallet is just too coincidental for me. JMO:twocents:

I am thinking whatever happened it was closer to home than the scrap yard. If bad guys got him before the scrap yard visit, why go to the deer park train station to dump the car?

If the bike was put into the car in the morning before he went to work, perhaps he put the wallet down while he was doing the jamming of the bike into the back seat.

I am thinking whatever happened it was closer to home than the scrap yard. If bad guys got him before the scrap yard visit, why go to the deer park train station to dump the car?

If the bike was put into the car in the morning before he went to work, perhaps he put the wallet down while he was doing the jamming of the bike into the back seat.

Why take the bike to Brooklyn? Sorry, doesn't make sense to me. That would just make his car more a target for theft.

We don't know when the bike went missing, all we know is IM noticed it a few days later. :twocents:

I really never thought about the pings until someone brought it up today. Really quick research revealed a phone pings every few seconds. Not sure if this is accurate, but even if it is every few minutes, we realize that his phone was turned off/destroyed/ whatever at approx 1:45pm.

So two quick scenarios come to mind...
1--He "snapped" during the car ride home, like he was "done with this life"....chucked his phone out of the car into the road and it was destroyed in traffic. Cashes in some scrap, hops on the next train and into the sunset he goes to start over. (Im not believing that, but just a theory).

Yes! It really is too coincidental ... and considering he is a big guy, car jacking seems less likely...
Only thing I can think of is some kind of secret life, or a mistaken identity... on other threads often when a dead-end is reached, the long-shot theories come out, such as perhaps he was in witness protection and be found out.... since he seemed to always come home after work, his having secret affair doesn't seem likely, unless something over internet, but that should be know by now....
something to do with stolen copper? Going to spill the beans on something he knew about and didn't like taking places?? - LE would have had suspicions....
So, it's a real mystery and my conjecture is just that, and without any real merit.

Why take the bike to Brooklyn? Sorry, doesn't make sense to me. That would just make his car more a target for theft.

We don't know when the bike went missing, all we know is IM noticed it a few days later. :twocents:

To ride it or to sell it straight from work?

RM going home that day has been discredited. Somehow that bike got itself out of the garage. The morning would have been RM's last opportunity to remove it.

If it was removed on a different day, where is it?

So many suggested ideas sound over the top, or too much like a movie, yet one of them, or something like it, must be true. He is simply gone without a trace, on a seemingly normal day.

To ride it or to sell it straight from work?

RM going home that day has been discredited. Somehow that bike got itself out of the garage. The morning would have been RM's last opportunity to remove it.

If it was removed on a different day, where is it?

As far as I'm concerned, too many rumors around, so in my mind, nothing has been discredited. TOS states FB as rumor.

We don't know when the bike went missing. Could have been missing prior to 6/14-we don't know that.

I can't answer your last question. As I said, it may have been missing, sold, borrowed before hand. Maybe lent to a friend.

With all the rumors flying, for all we know, maybe he did make it home and met someone from Craigs List to sell the bike. It's all speculation.

:twocents:

What concerns me to is the fact he did not have his wallet with him, no ID. I hope his family is calling the morgues.

:welcome2: LexinNYC, glad you are registered and good first post.

Glad to have such an engaged and creative group here on this :rollercoaster: case. Maybe this weekend will bring some significant news.

:seeya:
Someone here (sorry forgot who) earlier said one of their family members is an electrician and always has this id card hanging from his neck, company issued, I assume? Maybe RM had one like that and the scrap yard accepted it.

Mystery case. For me it's impossible to form a clear opinion. He could be anywhere, dead or alive imo.

Yes that was me. :seeya: I just ask my SIL what kind of picture ID he has and he says he has 2 picture ID's. One is a State ID and the other is a Company ID, which he needs when he goes to Rikers Island.

Gee I did not even know this, 2 ID's... WOW.

What concerns me to is the fact he did not have his wallet with him, no ID. I hope his family is calling the morgues.

Could he have a separate ID (like you wear around your neck)? Otherwise, would he have been able to get into job site without?

So many suggested ideas sound over the top, or too much like a movie, yet one of them, or something like it, must be true. He is simply gone without a trace, on a seemingly normal day.

I feel the same way cluciano63. I'm betting that the reality of RM's case has been stated here already and even discussed at length/repeatedly.
Which one?? Will it come to light soon? Or never be known? :banghead:

For everyone: Have there been any public statements from RM's parent(s), siblings, co-workers? If yes, would you share what you recall and perhaps a link.

Could he have a separate ID (like you wear around your neck)? Otherwise, would he have been able to get into job site without? Did he have a tool case with him? Could have kept
money in their..
But even if he did, doesn't say where he went.

I can't recall if this was brought up before, but wonder if Rob belonged to a gym or dojo (martial arts)?

OT...If you need another weird case...59-yr old Susan Jacobsen vanished while, apparently, shopping at a grocery store in CA on a weekday morning. Her car was found in the lot. She has been missing almost three months and getting very little press.

As far as I'm concerned, too many rumors around, so in my mind, nothing has been discredited. TOS states FB as rumor.

We don't know when the bike went missing. Could have been missing prior to 6/14-we don't know that.

I can't answer your last question. As I said, it may have been missing, sold, borrowed before hand. Maybe lent to a friend.

With all the rumors flying, for all we know, maybe he did make it home and met someone from Craigs List to sell the bike. It's all speculation.

:twocents:

BBM

I think Mod here states that RM FB Group page is an official site for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader