NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed this thread has no tags, is that unusual?
How are tags posted? TIA

ETA: I added a few by clicking edit on tags. Please add what I missed.

I was just talking to a friend who lives on Long Island, he's retired now, but when he was working, he was in law, and is very familiar with the area where this happened, and what goes on there.

When I told him about the scrap yard, he said it sounds as if, he 'might' have been involved in organized crime, as that is where they meet many times.

I won't go into any more detail, as this was only a thought of his, but it does bring up many interesting possibilities.

Was he seen at the scrap yard? On camera? I must have missed those posts.

What was the proof they had, that he was there?

JMO MOO

I was just talking to a friend who lives on Long Island, he's retired now, but when he was working, he was in law, and is very familiar with the area where this happened, and what goes on there.

When I told him about the scrap yard, he said it sounds as if, he 'might' have been involved in organized crime, as that is where they meet many times.

I won't go into any more detail, as this was only a thought of his, but it does bring up many interesting possibilities.

Was he seen at the scrap yard? On camera? I must have missed those posts.

What was the proof they had, that he was there?

JMO MOO

Ironically, the camera's at the yard were not working :(

I noticed an interesting comment by IM today about promising to keep him safe. I found that very curious, made me wonder about many things.

Maybe he saw something, was scared, and fled.

I don't think we know how it was determined he went to scrap yard.

Whether it is just an old rumor or not, scrap yards on Long Island are thought to be owned by organized crime players.

That is not to say that the one in question is.

And the rumor (or not) does not pertain to those who sell scrap, just the owners.

Whether or not the mob meets at scrap yards regularly, I would wonder about that. Doesn't seem like a clean enough place for the higher ups to do non-scrap yard business, IMO.

Whether it is just an old rumor or not, scrap yards on Long Island are thought to be owned by organized crime players.

That is not to say that the one in question is.

And the rumor (or not) does not pertain to those who sell scrap, just the owners.

Whether or not the mob meets at scrap yards regularly, I would wonder about that. Doesn't seem like a clean enough place for the higher ups to do non-scrap yard business, IMO.

I doubt they care about the cleanliness, as it's private and hidden.

Think: the trunk of a car, cars being crushed, etc. etc.

Could he have a separate ID (like you wear around your neck)? Otherwise, would he have been able to get into job site without?

I work for the military department and have an ID I wear on my neck. It's just like a military ID, picture and stats and a swipe card to use to get in places in the buildings that aren't public. It goes on after I put on my blouse in the AM and doesn't come off until I get home. It is an automatic procedure that I never even think about like putting on a watch. It's such a part of my attire that my DH and family don't even consider it. I bet if I went missing, no one would consider that as part of what I was wearing.

Ironically, the camera's at the yard were not working :(

I noticed an interesting comment by IM today about promising to keep him safe. I found that very curious, made me wonder about many things.

Maybe he saw something, was scared, and fled.

Or got caught ...

Hot cawfee/and others- I've seen on FB where Ida has commented on the parking spot at the station. The car was not necessarily found in the SAME FAVORITE SPOT he always used 5-6 years ago. That has been repeated so many times erroneously that it has become sort of common knowledge but isn't known to be true. The postings have increased dramatically in the recent past and I couldn't quickly find where she said that. But it's there if you want to search for it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I never believed that it was parked in the exact same spot because how could you ensure that very space being open at whatever time? It's more likely that it was in an area of the lot he favored, much like when we go to a super-center with huge parking lot.

BBM

All I find about him being at the scrap yard is:

"Despite last being seen at the scrap yard in West Babylon, Robert’s car (a 2004 red Pontiac) was discovered by a family friend at the Deer Park train station of the LIRR’s Ronkonkoma branch."

http://www.longisland.com/news/07-17-13/dix-hills-man-robert-mayer-missing-for-over-a-month.html

I think they need to start checking the trunks of the cars, at the scrap yard. Perhaps they all ready have started that?

They do say that the dogs did NOT sniff at the scrap yard. And the name of the yard is Arrow.

"though they (the dogs) did not sniff the Arrow Scrap yard"

http://www.longisland.com/news/07-17-13/dix-hills-man-robert-mayer-missing-for-over-a-month.html

Why not?

BBM

All I find about him being at the scrap yard is:

"Despite last being seen at the scrap yard in West Babylon, Robert’s car (a 2004 red Pontiac) was discovered by a family friend at the Deer Park train station of the LIRR’s Ronkonkoma branch."

I think they need to start checking the trunks of the cars, at the scrap yard. Perhaps they all ready have started that?

They do say that the dogs did NOT sniff at the scrap yard. And the name of the yard is Arrow.

"though they (the dogs) did not sniff the Arrow Scrap yard"

Why not?

Perhaps because he was reported as seen leaving in his car. IDK.
BUT, if he saw something and got really scared, maybe went to station to flee/hide. Just one of many thoughts.

One would think (hope) that there is some alternative to an electrician (or any construction worker, really) having to wear an ID around the neck.

Given the tight spaces electricians sometimes find themselves in, this seems like a hazardous way to have to carry your credentials around.

I doubt they care about the cleanliness, as it's private and hidden.

Think: the trunk of a car, cars being crushed, etc. etc.

You wrote "meet". I took that to mean having a meeting. Body disposal falls under a completely different category in my mind.

Maybe the scrap yard wasn't searched because ncny's (verified insider) statement of an existing video is true. RM's car arriving home at 2:45 proves he was alive after leaving the scrap yard....if RM was driving the car. If the video exists....where did RM go after quickly coming home and leaving at 2:45-ish?

I'm ruling out "Left voluntarily". Because if, for whatever reason, you're going to skip out on your current life, why go to work and then return homeward, and stop at a scrap yard?
IMO.
It bothers me, that we had an insider who appeared certain that RM stopped home that afternoon, and now that's been retracted, but I guess we are to discount that info.

That said, something had to happen at/around that Scrap Yard, or between there and Train Sta. The Scrap Yard area, I think someone likely knows something there. Interesting that the cameras weren't working that day.

I saw that too a while ago. I found that very interesting, no one seemed interested.
I find it highly interesting. IMO, it's a place where they seem to be able to make things disappear. How can that not be interesting! Y'know?

Scary, sure, but interesting, Oh yeah.

I'm ruling out "Left voluntarily". Because if, for whatever reason, you're going to skip out on your current life, why go to work and then return homeward, and stop at a scrap yard?
IMO.
It bothers me, that we had an insider who appeared certain that RM stopped home that afternoon, and now that's been retracted, but I guess we are to discount that info.

That said, something had to happen at/around that Scrap Yard, or between there and Train Sta. The Scrap Yard area, I think someone likely knows something there. Interesting that the cameras weren't working that day.

Yes! - and wonder if/when the camera did work?!

Back to:
Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member