NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Force, not sure how familiar you are with Dix Hills, but, the average home here is not average at all! It is quite extravagant and property taxes, utilities and cost of living is extremely high. I would guess that maybe 30% of home owners (if that) are blue collar.
The average home is 3000 sq ft, has in ground pool, acre of land and approx $20,000 in taxes.
If IM is not employed or practicing...that is quite a load to carry on one salary while also paying for vacations, sports & dance, music lessons and whatever else.

Maybe they made smart investments. She was part of a law firm. She made money. The home or neighborhood is average for their income at the time of purchase is probably equivalent to their income. I can't compare home prices to family income in today's retail let alone that of 5 or even 10 years ago. I don't know what IM was or is doing for income. She is a very smart person. People figure out how to make due.

Living 'beyond your means' would also mean that they would be struggling to make ends meet. I don't believe they would have made plans to go to Italy if they were struggling. The two synopses do not connect.

Ive never heard the word modest used to describe any area of dix hills...and ive been here a LONG time. Interesting.

As far as the car being prcessed-there is no specific time frame. It can actually take months to gather all evidence, since some may need to be sent to different crime labs out of state.

I honestly do not know the area. I'm from California. I viewed the area and in comparison, it's modest. That's not to look down on the house, area or residents. Just an observation. The neighborhood appears to be normal, not upscale. But I still stand behind my statements.

I would guess the house was transferred to RM's name from hers. :twocents:

Taxes alone on the house are $20,000. They did renovations last year of more than $75,000. IM was a lawyer so I am sure she made wise investments. Dix Hills is more of an upscale area in my opinion. I don't think there is any financial hardship here.
What intrigues me most about this case is how there are no leads on this case and how LE claims there is no foul play here. I said from the beginning that he left voluntarily and I think the timing of him disappearing two days before Father's Day is significant. It appears like it may have been planned for sometime. It is hard for us to know all the facts as we clearly do not. Everything that appears rosy on the inside isn't always as it appears. In my opinion, I think there are more relevant facts that we don't have. :banghead:

Momoffourboys--post 906--as a foreman he may be working with his tools--I find it odd that he had them in the truck. There would be a secure place on the jobsite for him to leave them (and the other electricians as well). Maybe he had a few jobs to do at home and needed his tools.

Sigh. So much I wish I could add to this financial discussion. It's off-limits, folks.

Let's just say that on Long Island, for a house the size of their house (which is so not modest) with all the bells and whistles (central air and pool = at least $250 a month electric bill), and taxes, it would be very difficult to live comfortably (have your children in after school activities, cellphones, go on vacations, etc) without, shall we say, a roughly $200k salary.

Therefore, I do think he scrapped to put food on the table and/or to pay for things he could not pay for from the family budget without IM knowing about it. I lean towards the latter because she didn't know, or even think of it as a possibility, that he went to the scrap yard that day.

Sigh. So much I wish I could add to this financial discussion. It's off-limits, folks.

Let's just say that on Long Island, for a house the size of their house (which is so not modest) with all the bells and whistles (central air and pool = at least $250 a month electric bill), and taxes, it would be very difficult to live comfortably (have your children in after school activities, cellphones, go on vacations, etc) without, shall we say, a 1 percenter salary.

Add tuition to that equation.

Toni it doesn't sound strange but I will say it is not common. I really don't know anyone who's never been away from home even one night of their married lives.

Business trips, scouting trips, girls' weekends, etc. More days than I can count, really.

I am married as long as RM and IM---and Mr C and I have spent nights apart due to work (RM never worked night shift??), family stuff, etc. It happens and there you go.

A question I have asked a few times and maybe a verified insider can answer it-- who got RM into Local 3???? Is the connection on his side of the family or on IM's side???

I am married as long as RM and IM---and Mr C and I have spent nights apart due to work (RM never worked night shift??), family stuff, etc. It happens and there you go.

A question I have asked a few times and maybe a verified insider can answer it-- who got RM into Local 3???? Is the connection on his side of the family or on IM's side???

Based on this, looks like Local 3 is Flushing Queens.

(Home of The Nanny and Archie Bunker :floorlaugh: )

So what do you think?

http://www.unions.org/unions/new-york/32/international-brotherhood-of-electrical-workers/9

That's the one Bunny!!!!!

I wonder how involved RM is with the Union?? What clubs he is in, activities he participated in, did he and IM ever live in Elechester????

Add tuition to that equation.

Hmmm, do we know if the kids go to private school? I know RM went to St Anthony's. That's about $10k a year.

But I'm pretty sure they don't go to private school.

That's the one Bunny!!!!!

I wonder how involved RM is with the Union?? What clubs he is in, activities he participated in, did he and IM ever live in Elechester????

Do you mean Eastchester? Why?

Momoffourboys--post 906--as a foreman he may be working with his tools--I find it odd that he had them in the truck. There would be a secure place on the jobsite for him to leave them (and the other electricians as well). Maybe he had a few jobs to do at home and needed his tools.

My ex foreman boss, took the train to NYC. I doubt he lugged his tools on Metro North.

Thinking, thinking, thinking......
My ex-foreman boss........ Married a woman who was well connected from Garden City. Then they moved to Queens. :scared:

Bunnyhop--- Elechester is an apartment complex that offers apartments to members of Local 3--helps them start out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee